Kind of

The Real Final
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

These days, Minjeong couldn’t happy no more. She won almost all of the tournament. She won 15 out of 23 tournaments which are divided into five levels, starting from the highest rank to the lowest—World Tour Finals (yet to play), Super 1000 (3 tournaments), Super 750 (5 tournaments), Super 500 (six tournament) and Super 300 (eight tournament). Her world ranking soars from 30th to 15th and now she is the world No.8. Well, scraps that. What really makes her happy now is Jimin. It's not like before this Jimin doesn't make her happy but these days, she doesn’t know how but somehow, they both get closer. They literally like best friends know, except they still maintain the honorifics which these day she finds it . She gets jealous when hearing her bestfriends — Yes, they’re that close to the point she introduced her to her bestfriends, Ningning and Aeri address her as ‘Jimin, Jiminie, our Jiminie’. She wants to call her that too. She spends almost most of her free time with her, sometimes she brings her home, sometimes she goes to her parents’ house. She knows all her weird habit like her feet need to touch the wall and bolster is a must, if not she won’t fall asleep. She remembered when Jimin having trouble to sleep during the sleepover at her home because her bed is placed right in the middle. So that night, they worked together to move the bed close to the wall.

 

“I’m weird, right?” Jimin faced her while hugging the bolster. Oh how she wished she was the bolster.

“Yeah. Kind of. Hahaha.”

“And yet you still like me?”

“Of course. You’re my kind of weird.”

 

She knows her past lovers so that when they coincidently met on the street, she would pretended to trip and splashed her previous chocolate chip frappuccino onto his clothes, shoes or directly to the face. Luckily, the guys will always let it slide, as she’s quite famous. She remembered her flustered face the first time she acted like that.

 

“Kim seonsu, are you crazy?”

“Yeah. Kind of. Hahaha.”

“What will you do if he asks you to pay for the damage?” Jimin pinched her.

“Then, I’ll say “Excuse me, you’re the one who need to pay.””

“Huh???”

“Pay for what you did to my precious seonsaeng-nim!”

 

She knows her love for emergency medicine. Even though she had been their team sport doctor, she always read about emergency medicine whenever she has time. She will bring along her iPad during the training sessions because she actually did nothing most of the time. Ever since she became their doctor, the injury rate during training fell from 3 injuries per 54 hours training session to 0. No injuries, no job so she used the time to update her knowledge. She would read at least 2 latest journals per week to feed her brain. Sometimes they would watch medical drama together and her eyes sparkled while explaining terms that she didn’t know. And she fell in love with that.

 

“Look! The line flat!! Why they just don’t electrify him?” She pointed to the monitor in the TV screen.

“Hahaha. It’s called defibrillation, not electrify.”

“Yeah. I mean that. The one you shout, “shock!”. Why they didn’t do that?”

“We can’t shock patient whose heart wave is flat. Because when it’s flat, there’s cessation of electrical and mechanical activity of the heart. So when there’s none, it’s no use giving external electric. We have to first make the heart beats again by giving CPR. And when the heart wave started to reform then—,” Jimin glared at her “—Are you even listening?”

“I am, Yu seonsaeng. Attentively.”

“You keep staring my eyes, not even blinking.”

“Why not? It’s shining! I don’t want to miss that.”

 

She knows what scares her, what her weakness, what makes her happy, what makes her angry, what makes her sad and so on. She knows almost everything about her. Jimin makes her feels special which why these days, she’s getting greedy. She wants more than that. She wants to cross the line. She wants Jimin not as a doctor, but as her girl. But she knows, she can’t get it. Jimin should live ‘normally’. But sometimes she makes her confuses. She makes her feels like she’s not one-sided. She remembers one time when she’s lying down on the court with both arms and legs spread open— her usual routine after training ended.

 

A deep and rich gourmand note, rather sweet than bitter pierced her nose. She took a deep breath, yes, this blend of cocoa and vanilla scent reminded of her favourite frappe and someone. She swore if she failed to get herself together, she would hit whatever right in front of her face now. Imagined you’re chilling alone, then you smelled something fragrant and when you opened your eyes, you saw a head with hairs falling down, nearly touched your face. She bet no one can stay sane.

 

“Holy . What the hell, Yu seonsaeng?” She got up.

“Oh, did I scare you?” Jimin smiled, innocently.

“Of course you are!” She brought her knees closed to her chest, mimicking the girl on front of her who’s sitting in a foetal position.

“I wonder you, lying on the dirty floor would benefit anything from it?” Jimin propped her chin. Cute.

“Hmm. Calm? Hahaha.” Lying down on the court truly gave her peace.

“Really? I tried it at home and my anxiety hadn’t gone at all.”

“Wow. You copied me at home? Are you secretly admiring me or what? Hahaha.”

 

Usually when she joked something like that, Jimin would ignore it and continued back on the subject that they were on talking. Well, usually mean not always. Most of the time; less than always, but more than occasionally. Wow is this literature novel? Anyway, this time Jimin decided to go along with her joke.

 

“Well.. Kind of? Hahaha.”

 

Minjeong felt blood surging to her head and instantly made her ears red. Is she drunk? She thought. The girl giggling slowly before it turned into a loud laugh. Seeing her crescent-moon eyes, she couldn’t help but smile and eventually joined her. The empty hall echoed with just the sound of their laughter and it took 10 minutes later before the sound fade. The girl stared at her with a face that she couldn’t read. Just when she’s searching the right words to break the silence, the girl went to her side and suddenly lay down.

 

“Or did I do it in a wrong way?” She slightly lifted her head to her.

“Hahaha.”

 

Minjeong stood up and went to her legs. She pushed them outward to increase the distance between them. Then she walked towards her head, stopping right at the crown before pulling both of her arms upward. The latter just let her be.

 

“You should spread your arms and legs as wide as possible and stare blankly at the ceiling so tha—”

 

She paused. The girl was already staring at her. She stared back at her. The messy bangs hid her beautiful forehead, some of them nearly touched her sparkling eyes. Underneath the crescent moon eyes were puffy pinkish cheeks, maybe because of the blusher. She shifted to her perfect duchess nose before stopped at the lips. There was always an honest smile within those lips. It looked soft, she wondered how soft it is if she touches them. She gulped.

 

“I can’t see the ceiling. You blocked my view.” Jimin’s voice startled her. Did she just caught her red-handed, staring at her lips? Just for how long she stared at them? Jimin might thought she was creepy.

“Ah.. Err.. Sorry.” She moved her head.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter