A faithful wait

The Real Final
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hmm hmm hmm~”

 

Minjeong is humming to a melody that only her knows. A shower after working out is a must. You automatically feels more energetic as ever. Even though she’s on leave, she needs to maintain her stamina and strength so that it will not affect her performance after making a comeback. If she can’t use her lower body, then she can train her upper body. She is slowly adapting to her new life now, though she has a week left before her holiday is over. For now, her schedules are as follow:

 

8-9 a.m: Get off the bed to take shower and breakfast

10 a.m - until she feels like stopping: Workout

After working out: Shower for an hour

After showering: Hang out in the living room while searching for tv shows that she might like but end up switching it off because she realises she doesn’t has any

After killing time with tv: Plays with nintendo switch, but only last for 10 minutes because the game is boring.

After doing absolutely nothing: Realises that it’s 3 p.m and it’s time to take a walk at the street where she encountered a girl who makes her heart flutter, with hope she can meet her again.

8 p.m: Realises the girl is not coming and the coffee shop is closing soon so it’s time to go home.

9 p.m: Again taking shower, dinner and self-reflection about why God didn’t grant for her wish to meet the girl before going to bed.

11 p.m: Slowly going into the dream land with anticipation at least God will let her meet the girl in her dream.

5 a.m: Pissed off because she will wake up automatically for no reason but despite that, still continue to sleep.

7 a.m: Again, wake up automatically and can’t fall asleep back no matter how hard she tries. But it’s too early to get up so she just lay there on the bed, scrolling twitter until there’s no more new feed available.

8-9 a.m: Repeat the same cycle even it bored her to death.

 

“Hello. I would like to order choc—“

“Chocolate chip frappe? As usual?”

“Huh? Ah... Yes.”

“Thank you. Please wait for your order.”

 

Now that really proves her as a regular customer of the cafe. Even the cashier now remember what she usually ordered. But today, the cafe is a little bit crowded. And again, she feels like all the eyes are on her the moment she took a step into the cafe. The first thing crosses her mind is maybe today is a public holiday, so people who is tired of walking upon the street stop by the cafe to grab a drink. If that’s the case, then she might lose her usual spot but miraculously, no one’s there. All other seats are occupied and only her seat is left. Well, maybe it’s her luck.

 

“E-excuse me?” A stuttering stranger greeted her.

“Y-yeah?” She too stuttered.

“C-can I take a photo with you? I’ve been waiting for you for 3 hours.”

“H-huh? Y-yeah. Sure.”

 

And it doesn’t stop there. More people want to take a photo with her and she seems to understand what’s happening now. Someone might told the media that she is a regular there, hence her fans came by. But, who on earth? She has no suspects except of the workers there. Suddenly she feels like being used. She can just only taste a sip of her drink. She’s unable to leave since the people is blocking her way and if she really just leave like that, they will think she’s an arrogant girl. When she looks at the window, she finds Karina is already staring at her with a smile. She nods her head like crazy when she read her lips, mouthing ‘do you need help?’ to her.

 

“Phew~” Finally she can enjoy her drink, though it’s melt already.

“You sure have lot of fans, Minjeong-shi.” Karina took a sip of her Americano.

“It’s crazyyyyy. During my 2 weeks here, no one even know who I am. And today, tadaa!” She lifted both of her hands to the chest, with palms facing forward— acting surprise.

“Hahaha. You’re cute.” She thought Karina is blushing when she said that but maybe she’s mistaken.

“But seriously, how did they know though? I swear if I know who leaks the info I will.....” She paused.

“You will what?” Karina leaned sideway to face her.

“.........Take a photo with him/her and then tell him/her to shut .” She continued after almost a minute pause.

“Hahaha. Phew. I thought you’re gonna smash him/her with your racket.” She put her right arm on the table.

“What? I’m not that kind of person. Violence is not my style.”

“Then, tell me—,” she leans forward before resting her chin on her fist “— What kind of person are you?”

 

Minjeong is perplexed by the girl sudden move but she manage to stay calm. Why does she feels like she’s being seduced? She feels uncomfortable with her gaze but she doesn’t want to show that. She’s building the politest sentences in her head to tell her to move back a little. It’s not like she hates her, after all Karina always help her when she needs one. The words disappeared when she catches a glimpse of the girl who she has been waiting for after all this time. She looks at the window and across from her is a girl in a pink checkered shirt. The middle part of the shirt’s hem is tightly tuck into the washed-blue jeans, while the side and back of her top stay untucked. She changes her hairstyle too, the last time if she’s not mistaken was long straight hair but now her hair is in a layered style, with bangs. Nevertheless, she still look pretty as the last time she saw her. She look at the time, it’s 5 p.m.

 

“Why? Are you going somewhere?” Karina finally pulled her body away.

“H-huh? M-maybe…” She can’t take her eyes of the girl. The girl seems to be talking to someone on the phone. Her boyfriend?

“What are you looking at?” Curious, Karina too looked at the outside.

“H-huh? Nothing.” She glanced at Karina for a second but when she looks back to the front, the girl disappeared. She can’t express how sunken her heart was.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter