Chapter 4

The Way We Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wendy-unnie, why are you always singing broken hearts song?” Yeri asked Wendy as Wendy finished her performance at her store.

“Did I?”

“Yes, You did. It's so annoying listening to it. Made me realise my love life is not running smoothly as I thought.” Joy scoffed.

Wendy shoots Joy with a questioning look and Joy only shake her head as she didn’t want to talk about it. It makes Wendy wonder what happened between two of her best friends. They are acting normal as far as Wendy knows, keep flirting and joking around. She also curious why both of them haven’t said they’re officially dating with many dates they’ve done. Wendy so sure it was probably Seulgi's fault. Seulgi probably didn’t realise Joy attempt to make them official, something that makes Joy frustrated.

“But how come y’all didn’t know she’s not single? I mean, Irene and Suho are a pretty famous couple in Korea. When their dating scandal broke, it made trending news.” Ask Yeri interrupting Wendy’s thought.

“Trending News in Korea, but not in Canada. We rarely read or saw any update on what happened back home, and we all are busy,” said Joy evasively while the other two nodded their head in agreement. “Besides, you didn’t even know they’re engaged.” Joy pointed out.

“It’s because they never told the public! At least I know she’s taken.” Yeri looks at them with dirty eyes.

“Why didn’t you tell me then?” Wendy asked Yeri.

“How could I know you’re trying to date her? You never told me anything.” Yeri said, defending herself. Wendy looked at Yeri with a glare.

“Why don’t you try to go out with someone else?” suggested Seulgi.

“Like whom?”

“I can set you up with one of my colleagues.” offered Joy.

“No. You need someone cool, Wendy-unnie. Not boring one like Joy-unnie co-workers.”

“How do you know they’re boring?”

“Because you are boring, Joy-unnie.”

“Hey, I resent that!” cried Joy.

“Why don’t you go out with my cousin?”

“Huh?” All of them jump out in surprise. They were busy talking that they didn’t realise customers coming in.

“Winter, Karina, you guys surprised me! What are doing here?” They all saw Yeri dongsaeng, Winter and Karina, standing in front of the counter.

“We have an assignment to do so we thought we can get new books and then doing it here.” Said Karina.

“Are you sure it’s an assignment? Not because you two are on a date?” asked Yeri. They all saw both of their faces get red.

“No, Unnie. We’re not dating anyway.” Karina said as she tried to look the other way.

“But it doesn’t mean you don’t want to.” Joy jumps in, which was ignored by the two maknaes.

“Anyway, how about it, Wendy-unnie? It didn’t have to be a date, just a friend meeting with each other. Eric-Oppa just got transferred to Canada so he didn’t have a lot of friends here.” Winter quickly continue when she saw Yeri want to say something, “And before you ask, he is not boring. His personality same as mine and I’m pretty sure I’m not boring, right Unnie?” Winter looked at Karina.

“No, you are not boring, Minjeong,” answered

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter