Chapter 2

The Way We Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I know where I saw her before!” Joy suddenly shouts.

“Joy, don’t shout, we still have customers!” Wendy reprimanded Joy as she looks around the store with an apologising look at her customers.

“Which lady?” asked Seulgi.

“The lady that Wendy-unnie has a crush.”

“I don’t have a crush on Irene.” Wendy complaint when she looks at Joy.

“Who’s Irene?” Seulgi looks at Wendy confusedly.

“How do you know her name?” Joy asks Wendy at the same time as Seulgi.

“She gave it to me. We talked a bit when you two were on a date.” Wendy looks at them amusingly as she saw her friends blushing.

“You talk to Irene?” Joy asked shockingly as she tried to tone down her red face.

“Yeah. Why you look so shocked? You talk to her too.” Asked Wendy with a frown on her face.

“That’s before I know who she is.” Joy then gives Wendy her phone. Seulgi looks over Wendy's shoulder to see what’s on Joy phone. Both of them stared in surprise at a news site in entertainment section with the headline ‘Bae Joohyun Is the First Korean Actress to Receive Oscar With Her New Movie: Stranger’.

“Wow, I kissed a celebrity,” mumble Wendy quietly but apparently not quite enough.

“You what?” Seulgi asked her with a dumbfounded look.

“I didn’t say anything.” Denied Wendy. She forgot even with bad eyesight, Seulgi has a good hearing.

“Yes, you did. I heard you say something about a kiss. Oh My God! Did you kiss her?” Seulgi eyes grew bigger as she looks at Wendy.

“No!” Wendy continues to deny “You probably thinking about kissing Joy.” Said Wendy as she tried to change the subjects.

“What-!”

“How come we don’t recognise her at all? The other customers also didn’t recognise her, I mean she is famous.” Joy cut Seulgi before they have a small fight.

“Well, I’m not the type of person who likes to updates with technology, neither is Seulgi. The question is, how come you didn’t know who she is? You are the social one out of us. Besides, most of our customers are older people who I believe have a small contact with technology. And we’re in Canada, not Korea.” explained Wendy.

Seulgi wants to say something, but then their store door is open. They all saw Irene come through with her glasses on. Irene then looks at them with a small smile.

“Hey,” said Irene while taking off her glasses.

“Hi, would you like your usual?” Joy greets her as she moves to the register while Wendy and Seulgi go back to their work.

“Yes, please. But I’m going to buy some book first.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter