Chapter 3

The Way We Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy arrived at the Ritz Hotel with a bouquet of flower for Irene. As she got into the lift, a young man followed her into the lift.

“Which floor?” asked Wendy to the young man.

“Floor 28th, please. Thank you.”

When the lift stopped on floor 28th, both Wendy and the young man got out from the lift. Both looking around for the room number, then they turn left. As Wendy walks into the room where Irene is staying, she looks behind her to see the young man is following her. She then shoots a questing look at him and then he pointed out the room he needs to go to. Room 2809.

“Are you sure?”

The young man nodded his head “Yes.”

“Okay then.” Wendy knocked. She was greeted by a beautiful Korean woman. Her beauty is the same level as Irene, the difference is this woman has an icier and more expensive aura.

“Hello, I’m Jessica. I apologise for the delay. It’s taking longer than we are thought. Here’s all the information you need.”

She gave each of them a press package contains Irene’s new movie, Stranger. Wendy looks at them with a confused eye. What’s going on? Jessica then shows them a large room with a lot of reporters and photographers waiting for Irene.

“What do you think about the movie?” Jessica asked.

“Brilliant. The movie offers breathtaking performance, and she delivers it really well as a lead.” The young man answered Jessica question. Both of them look at Wendy.

“I agree with him. She does an outstanding job and it’s refreshing to see her playing a new character.”

“Thank you for your compliment toward Irene. May I know your name?”

“My name is John Wilkins, I’m from Ettu Magazine.” Answer the young man beside Wendy. Wendy panicked a bit when both of them looking at her. She is looking around for ideas and saw a copy of the Eclairé magazine on the table.

“My name is Wendy Shon, I’m from Eclairé magazine. Miss Bae knows I’m coming.”

“Okay. Please take a seat. I’ll check with Irene.” She shows them their seat and then goes to the other room.

“You brought a flower with you?” asked John.

“Ah, this is for my grandma. I’m going to visit her after this, she's staying in this hotel too.”

“That’s so cool. What a coincidence your grandma staying in the same hotel as Irene.”

“Yeah. I couldn’t believe it too.” Just then Jessica comes out and called her name.

“Miss Shon, Irene is ready to see you. You’ve got five minutes.”

Wendy then proceeds her way to the other room. When she's inside, she can see the room is filled with flowers and gifts. Irene was standing with her back facing the window, wearing an expensive dress. Beautiful, that was Wendy thought as she looks at Irene.

“Hi.”

“Hello.”

“I brought you these,” Wendy said as she gave Irene the bouquet. “But I think you already have a lot of them.”

“Oh no, I love these. Thank you.” Said Irene as she takes the flower from Wendy.

“I’m sorry. I run into some troubles with my last schedule. I would probably finish in an hour if you still wanted to wait.” Irene looks at Wendy with regret.

“It’s okay. I can walk around while waiting for you to finish.”

“Give me your phone.” Wendy gave Irene her phone.

“I put my personal number on your phone. I’ll let you know when I finish the interview.”

-

Wendy just about to leave the hotel when she notices a piano that locates in the corner of the lobby. As she didn’t have anything to do for about an hour, Wendy then asks the staff if she can play the piano and receive an okay.

Wendy is too deep into playing the piano, she didn’t realise she attract a lot of attention from the guests and staffs. All of them appreciate the melody and the way she played. She didn’t even realise Irene has been texting her saying she finished her interview and on her way down. Wendy startled when she hears big applause after she finished playing the piano. Her face became red with embarrassment when she hears their praises.

“I thought you already left when you didn’t reply to my message. Imagine my surprise seeing you holding a mini-concert in the lobby.” Irene said when she approached Wendy. Wendy looks over to see Irene walking towards her and she finally realises it’s been over an hour since they saw each other.

“Sorry, I didn’t realise the time,” Wendy said with an apologetic look.

“Don’t worry about it. Besides, I can see your performance.” Said Irene. “So, where are we going?”

“Have you eaten yet?” Wendy asks Irene as she is checking her watch.

“Not yet.”

“Okay. Let get dinner first before we do a tour.”

-

They spent their time visiting the must-see attraction in Toronto. They were on the way to where Irene is staying when suddenly Irene wants to walk around the park that not far from the hotel.

“I didn’t realise there’s still a place I haven’t visited yet.”

“Well, the best way to fully experience the country is going with the locals. The guidebook is helpful, but if you have a local friend, they can guide you better to experience the place.” Answer Wendy as they walk their way around.

“I’m sorry.”

“For what?” Wendy looks at Irene with a puzzled eye.

“For kissing you the other day. I don’t want to make you uncomfortable.”

“I believe I kissed you back, so don’t worry about it.”

“So, are you really OK with that?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter