Chapter 1

The Way We Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today is a boring day, especially with the weather. It’s been raining since lunchtime and now it’s nearly dinner time. Nothing ever exciting happens in her store anyway. Well, that’s a lie. It was more embarrassing than exciting but, once, she caught teenagers made out in the corner section of her store, getting ready to do it’. Luckily, she caught them before her older customers could see them. Can’t you imagine what will happen if they were caught by them? She doesn’t care if the teenagers get their ear ripped off, but she cares if the older customers gave her a lecture too regarding safe and comfort of the other customers. After catching them, she has to ‘bless’ her store so any bad energy will not come to her store (that was a lie too as she is not a religious person).

That was the only embarrassing thing happen in her store. Her best friend, Seulgi, and one of her employees, Joy, have a good laugh at her expense when she told them. They said she shouldn’t stop them as she can get free to watch, especially when she is still single.

After that incident, it was always a boring day for her. Don’t get her wrong, she loves her store and her job. She just wishes sometimes she wouldn’t be stuck on her daily repetitive day. Occasionally, she will play her guitar and sing when there are only a few customers as her way to entertain herself.

Her store is a combination of bookstore and café. She operates the bookstore, while Seulgi operates the café. Her store might be small (it’s big if you want to include the café) but she sells almost all kinds of books from literature, history, education, fictional, etc. And she can proudly say her store is famous enough around the neighbourhood, especially for the adults.

She and Seulgi have been best friends since childhood. Their parents are best friend since college day, so it makes sense for their child to be close too. Wendy parents must move to Canada because of her fathers’ work, they move when Wendy was in her 6th grade.

Even though they were moving, the friendship between Wendy and Seulgi didn’t change a bit as they kept in contact. After so much begging, Seulgi then comes to Canada when she was in 11th grade. She stays with Wendy and Wendy’s family in Canada, while occasionally go back to Korea when Seulgi has time.

They met Joy when they opened the store. They were looking for people to work with them and Joy applied for that position as she needs some income while studying in college. After her graduation, she still working with them on a casual basis as she also got a job in kindergarten not far from the store.

“Hey, Seungwannie, do you want to play?” says Seulgi as she saw Wendy standing with her guitar on her.

“Yeah, it’s not that busy so I can play around a little bit.” Answer Wendy as she prepares to go to where she usually sits to perform.

“Before that, can you help me a bit? Can you give this coffee to the usual lady in the corner?”

“Which lady?” Wendy asked.

“You know which one.”

“I don’t.”

“She knows, she just pretends she doesn’t know. You know Wendy-unnie is coward, unnie.” Said Joy from behind the counter.

“No, I did not.” Protest Wendy.

“Then stop stalling and go give her the drink.”

Wendy pouts at Joy but goes with the drink. She makes her way to the lady that sat in the corner section. The lady comes here a week ago. After she bought books, she always goes to the cafe immediately and sits in the corner section. Wendy admits she is a little bit freak out when she talks to the lady. Because the lady is too beautiful with her dark long hair and pale skin. She made Wendy insecure with her own look. Come to think of it, Wendy is sure she has seen the lady somewhere, but she still didn’t know where. Seulgi and Joy to say the same thing when she talks to them about the lady.

“Excuse me, your latte, Ma’am,” said Wendy as she hands over the coffee.

“Thank you.” The lady gave her a small smile and her attention back to her book. Wendy then prepares to leave but she stops and turns her body.

“I’m sorry I might be rude asking this, but have we met before? I mean not when you come here. It just I’m pretty sure I have seen you before.” Wendy asks with a frown as she tried to remember again.

“You’re right, it’s rude but since you have already apologised, I’m going to answer it. No, we have never met before. I’ve pretty regular face so it’s probably someone else that y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter