one

me, you? sus.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is raining heavily and it seems that it has no intention of stopping any time soon. She turns on her windscreen wiper to see better ahead of her. A right turn and she sees Byulyi waiting at the entrance, her eyes focused on her shoes. Yongsun stops just in front of her and lowers the window to greet her with a playful smile.

 

“I told you not to forget your umbrella.”

 

“Ddun!” Yongsun tells her to get in while Byulyi is still surprised at her appearance. “You should have called me!”

 

“Then it wouldn’t be a surprise anymore, right?” Yongsun replies as she helps Byulyi with her seatbelt. She receives a small Thanks then drives so that they could finally go home to their apartment.  Byulyi suggests that they should just eat takeout for dinner so Yongsun lets her choose where to then shortly takes a stopover. Byulyi connects her phone then plays Nada Sou Sou in the background, humming to the song as she leans her head on the window, the coldness seeping through her skin.

 

Yongsun lightly thrums her fingers against the steering wheel as she waits for the lights to turn green. The weather and atmosphere suddenly take her back to the past to reminisce the time when they were both in high school.

 

Both of them live in the same neighborhood. Byulyi and Yongsun first met when they were in kindergarten. They were not in the same class though since Yongsun is older than Byulyi by a year. They would meet in the playground every break and play together though most of the time they end up arguing and fighting each other. The worse thing that happened was when they started throwing food at each other after having a disagreement in which they ended up scolded not only by their teachers but also their parents. Byulyi and Yongsun did get along but somehow, somehow they end up arguing with each other. They make up afterward though! The two of them were close, however, as they grew up, they have also grown apart from each other. Though only a year apart, it also made a big difference between their preferences. Yongsun enjoyed the company of her age while Byulyi also enjoyed the company of her same-aged friends. It did not help that Yongsun entered elementary first, leaving Byulyi all alone. Since then, both Yongsun and Byulyi stopped talking to each other. Until highschool happened.

 

It was raining. Yongsun checked the weather report and made sure to bring an umbrella, however, Byulyi did not and so she was stuck until the rain stops.

 

“Want to go home together?”

 

Byulyi looks up, slightly open as she sees the woman who was once her close friend.

 

“O-oh, Yongsun-unnie.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter