Chapter Seven

A Dangerous Affair

“What's wrong?” Jimin asks.

I look at him and I sit back not knowing what to say to him. Could I really be pregnant? I need to go out and buy a test but I can't go out because of my ankle.

“Are you okay? Your face is really red.” Jimin says putting his hand to my forehead.

I bite my lip and look down at my hands and I reel dizzy again. This can't be good. I have to say something. I NEED to know if I am pregnant with Jimin's child or not. God how could I be so ing stupid? I don't take birth control because I didn't have a life and the one time I make an impulsive decision this is what comes out of it?

“Is there something you want to say?” Jimin asks.

I look up at him and my ears feel like they're burning.

“I need to get something from the store.” I say as my stomach is settling.

“I can go grab it for you if you want. You're sick you should stay home.” Jimin says.

“I uhm… I don't know how you're going to take this.” I say as I fidget with my hands.

“What?” Jimin looks at me confused.

“I nee-” Before I can voice what I need Seojun is coming into the bathroom.

“Eunji are you okay? What's going on?” Seojun says kneeling down to me.

“I-I'm not feeling well.” I say as I fidget with my hands.

“What's Jimin doing here?” Seojun asks.

“I found her on the floor in the hallway and I helped her to the bathroom.” Jimin says.

We look at one another for a moment before my attention goes back to Seojun.

“You look so pale.” Seojun says helping me to my feet.

My head swirls as I stand up and I feel the sickness coming back as I blink. Seojun presses his lips to my forehead and he pulls back with a furrowed brow.

“You're running a fever.” He says looking to me.

“I guess I'm a little under the weather today.” I say softly.

“You need to stay in bed.” He says picking me up.

I don't protest against him helping me back to my bed. I feel so weak and out of it that I don't have the energy to protest against him. I'm more worried about telling Jimin that I might be pregnant and that I need him to go out and buy me a pregnancy test. How the hell am I suppose to bring that up? Especially with Seojun hovering around me?

“I'll call a private physician to come check you out.” Seojun says setting me down he pats my head lightly.

I smile to him and nod and he pulls out his phone and leaves the room. I sigh and stare at the ceiling. How the hell did I get myself into more trouble than I did before? There is nothing in the contract about unexpected pregnancy…how am I suppose to explain this? What will Seojun think of me? What will my mom think?

All it takes is one time…

it was one stupid night…well more than just one stupid night but anyway it was stupid! I should have been more careful! How is this going to affect my career? I'm only 24 and about to start my career. I'll have to put my career on hold to take care of this child. Does this mean Jimin and I have to get married now?

Will he accept that I am pregnant? Or will he leave and not want to be part of the baby's life? Oh god what the did I do? It's not like I have many options here. Oh god and I was drinking and eating foods that could harm the baby. What the is wrong with me?!?!?!?

Seojun returns to my bed side with a small cloth and a straight face. Mild concern leaks through his poker face as he puts the cloth to my forehead. It's cool against my heated skin. He covers me up and puts his hand on mine.

“You need to be more cautious.” Seojun says.

I look over at him and I don't have the energy to deal with his scolding right now. I'm too freaked out about the possibility of being pregnant. I'm so freaked out that the fact that there is a chance that I'm not pregnant doesn't even occur to me.

“I guess I've been pushing myself a bit too much.” I say weakly to Seojun.

“I told you to take more breaks. You made yourself sick.” Seojun clicks his tongue.

I sigh and look up at the ceiling.

“My father is stopping by today. He heard that you were sick and wanted to drop by to check up on you.” Seojun says.

“He doesn't have to come see me. I don't want to make him sick.” I shake my head.

“I told him the same thing but he refused.” Seojun lets off a light chuckle.

“Ahh if he gets sick I won't forgive myself.” I say.

“Shhh, it's okay. The physician should be here soon. Just rest okay?” Seojun my face lightly.

I close my eyes and focus on Seojun's gentle touch and I feel myself calming down and drifting off to sleep. It is short lived as I hear Seojun's voice calling to me to wake up. I open my eyes and see Seojun and a slender female with her hair tied back standing beside my bed.

“Hmm?” I look over at them.

“Eunji this is Dr. Kim. She is going to take care of you. I have a lunch meeting.” Seojun says.

I hum to him and he walks out and starts talking into his phone. I sigh and look over at Dr. Kim she pulls up a chair next to my bed.

“Hi Eunji. Can you tell me how you're feeling?” She asks.

“Awful.” I say simply.

Dr. Kim lets off a small chuckle.

“I know you're not feeling great but can you describe your symptoms to me please?” She says.

“I woke up this morning and my head was spinning I fell over. I felt really nauseous and threw up.” I say.

“Mr. Park told me that you were running a fever as well.” She says taking out her tools and a clipboard.

I hum in response and she has me sit up. She removes the cloth from my forehead and when I sit up I feel dizzy again. Oh god if this is what morning sickness is I do NOT want to be pregnant ever again…

She has me open my mouth, takes my temperature, listens to my heart and breathing. She scribbles on her clipboard after each measurement. She takes my blood pressure and furrows her brow and scribbles some more.

Oh that can't be good.

Dr. Kim then takes out a weird tool and take a look in my ears and she scribbles some more before putting her tools away.

“Well miss Eunji. It looks like you have an ear infection.” She says scribbling on her notepad.

“R-Really?” I look to her.

She nods to me and hands me piece of paper.

“Can you look at my ankle too?” I say feeling my ankle start to throb.

“Oh yes of course. Mr. Park did mention you had a recent injury.” She says.

I uncover myself and I feel cold as she unwraps my ankle and looks it over. She scribbles some more and rips another piece of paper from her notepad.

“It's a minor sprain, you will need to wear a brace for a week. Then you can switch back to wrapping your ankle for another week or so and you should recover just fine. I added a light anti-inflammatory for the pain and swelling to your prescription.” She says.

“Thank you.” I say to her.

“No worries, but fair warning to you and your fiance. The antibiotic I prescribed does interact with birth control pills and makes it less effective. So I suggest you use a different method of contraceptive while you're on the antibiotics.” She says.

“Ah, about that…” I trail off biting my lip.

“Hmm?” She looks to me intently.

“Do you have a pregnancy test by chance?” I ask.

“Oh yes of course I can add it to your script.” She says scribbling on her notepad some more.

“W-Will Seojun know about the test order?” I bite my lip.

“Well you two aren't married and the pharmacy is usually pretty discrete with the packaging. It should only show on your insurance bill.” She says.

“T-thank you.” I feel my face start to burn.

“I would suggest taking the test soon. That way if it comes back positive then we can prescribe you a different antibiotic that won't harm the baby.” She says.

“O-okay. Thank you.” I smile lightly.

“Of course. If you need anything else don't be afraid to give me a call. I left my card on the night stand.” She says.

I nod and Dr. Kim leaves and I sit there staring at the pharmacy notes. I feel my head spin and I know that it's not just my anxiety. I lay back down and I feel myself spinning and I just wish it would stop but I can't make it stop until I know if I am pregnant or not. I don't want to harm the baby with medicine if I am. I have already done enough without knowing…ugh!

“Hey Eunji I made you some chicken porridge.” Jimin says coming into the room with a tray.

I look at him and the smell of food tickles my nose. My stomach may be swirling with nervousness but I am starving. I sit up and Jimin sets the tray in my lap.

“I also got some medicine for your stomach.” He says pointing to a small pill on the tray.

“Thank you Jimin.” I smile to him warmly.

“Take the medicine before you eat so you don't get sick again.” Jimin says.

“C-can you pick up my prescriptions from the pharmacy for me?” I say motioning to my bed side table.

“Oh yeah of course.” Jimin says snatching up the papers.

It's weird how nice Jimin is being right now. After what happened between us. We have been kind of at each others throats. I still don't know how to tell him that I might be pregnant. Should I tell him? Or should I take the test and decide then?

Jimin leaves and I am left in bed. I sigh and eat the food which is a lot tastier than I thought it would be. I didn't know Jimin could cook. I guess not everything about him is bad. He can be a nice guy when he wants to be. I finish the food and set it aside and I lay back as my head starts to hurt. I close my eyes and before I know it I am hearing Jimin's voice waking me up.

“Eunji I got your medicine. Hurry up and take it so you can start feeling better.” Jimin says.

I sit up and my head is spinning again and it hurts. I squint at him for a moment letting my eyes adjust to the light. I yawn and stretch as I grab the bag from him.

“Thanks.” I say half awake.

“Here let me put your brace on.” Jimin says.

I yawn and he uncovers me and gently puts the brace on my ankle and adjusts it. I dig through the bag and find the medicine and Jimin runs out of the room. I set the bottles on my bedside table and I get to the bottom of the bag tucked under the receipt is the pregnancy test. I freeze as I see it and my stomach swirls with anxiety. Jimin comes back in the room with a glass of water.

“W-Why haven't you taken your medicine?” Jimin stops.

I look up at him and he is staring at the lunch tray next to me with the stomach medicine still sitting on it. I feel my blood run cold as I try to calm my nerves to tell him why I haven't taken the medicine.

“Jimin…I need to tell you something but I don't know how.” I say softly.

“What's wrong?” Jimin sits down on the bed next to me.

Our eyes lock and this is the most tense moment I've had with him. His face is serious as he is waiting for me to speak.

“Jimin I'm-”

“Eunji is in here.” I hear Seojun's voice at the door.

!

Why can't I get a moment alone with Jimin to tell him that I might be pregnant?

Jimin looks over his shoulder and stands up. He grabs the tray from my bed and walks out of the room without another word said. Seojun comes in with his father and I give them a weak smile. I set the prescription bag down on my bedside table.

“Good to see you again Mr. Park.” I say greeting him.

“My poor Eunji. I wanted to stop by for the first time on better terms.” Mr. Park says walking over to my bed side.

He sits at the chair Dr. Kim sat at and Seojun leaves the room taking a phone call and I'm left alone with his father. I feel tense as I look over at him and that sweet smile he had on when he first entered the room is gone and his face is serious. I feel a chill run up my spine under his cold gaze.

“Why are you sleeping in separate rooms?” Mr. Park asks.

“Ah, we just met sir…” I stutter.

“You're engaged. You should be sleeping in the same room.” He says sternly.

“I-I'm sorry.” I look down at my hands.

What the hell? Why is being like this so suddenly?

“You have been engaged to my son for one month and already you're violating the contract.” Mr. Park scolds me.

“I-I'm sorry sir.” I say unable to form any other words.

“Since you are sick and had an accident I will let it slide. Just know that I can triple your debt if you don't corporate well.” He says.

My eyes widen and I nod to him fearfully. My heart is racing and my face is warm as I feel a mixture of fear and anxiety swirl in my stomach. I fidget with my hands profusely as I wait for his next words. He is about to speak up but Seojun comes back into the room and that stern cold stare melts. I look to Mr. Park with fear in my eyes but try to hide it as Seojun sits down on my bed.

“Sorry, my co-workers are concerned.” Seojun chuckles.

“Oh no it's fine. Your work is important.” I say softly.

“No you're more important.” Seojun says patting my head lightly.

I let of a soft chuckle and I glance at Mr. Park.

“I wanted to treat you two out for dinner but since Eunji isn't well these days it can wait.” Mr. Park says sweetly.

“It's okay dad. We will have dinner together soon.” Seojun says.

“My ankle should heal in the next two weeks.” I say.

“That's good news. What did the doctor prescribe you?” Seojun asks as he grabs the bag from my bedside table.

“Ah, just some antibiotics!” I say trying to snatch the bag from Seojun's hands.

He looks in the bag and his face changes and he looks up to me with a blank expression. His eyes are sharp and burrow right through me. I can see where he gets it from…

“I'm sorry dad. Eunji should get some rest so she can recover quickly.” Seojun says to his father.

“Of course. Eunji needs all the rest she can get to recover quickly.” Mr. Park says sweetly.

Seojun shows his father out and I am sitting there about to ing faint because I know he seen it. Jimin is bringing in another tray of food when Seojun's dark silhouette appears in the doorway.

“Eunji what the is this?” Seojun says harshly.

He is holding the pregnancy test box in his hand and glaring at me. Jimin looks over at Seojun and sees the box and his eyes go wide and looks at me with a mortified look across his face.