Chapter Two

A Dangerous Affair

“Nice to meet you Eunji. I'm Park Jimin.” He says shaking my hand gently.

I nod in response and then comes an awkward silence. Mr. Park takes his leave and now I'm alone with my first drunken hook up and my new fiance. I want to tell Jimin the situation and clear it up with him but I can't do that without Seojun getting suspicious.

“Did you get all of your things brought over here just fine?” Seojun asks as he leads me into the living room.

His hand is on my lower back and I can feel myself blushing as we walk towards the couch.

“I brought mostly my clothing. I didn't know how to pack up my gaming set up.” I bite my lip awkwardly.

“You play video games?” He looks to me curiously.

“It's my main hobby. I don't usually go out with friends a lot. I don't have a crazy social life.” I say shyly.

I hear a small scoff from the kitchen and I feel my face burn as I know that Jimin is scoffing at me. He seemed really mad about what happened between us the other day. If either of us knew that we would run into one another again I doubt that we would have done any of…what we did.

“If you want I can come with you tomorrow to bring everything else over. Don't worry, I'll provide you with a desk and anything else you need. Just worry about your PC.” Seojun smiles to me.

“T-that's sweet of you you but I can manage. Thank you.” I blush even harder.

I can somehow still feel Jimin's judgmental aura as Seojun sits next to me. It's hard to find something to talk about as we are newly engaged and this is the first time we've ever met.

“You know, I use to play a lot of video games back in my school days.” Seojun says as he rests his arm on the couch behind me.

“Oh you did?” I say as I feel my heart begins to beat harder and harder.

“I was kind of a loser in high school.” He says looking up to his right as if he is remembering his school days.

“So was I. My best friend was really popular because she is so pretty.” I let off a nervous chuckle.

“Really?” Seojun raises an eyebrow.

“Oh yeah, she's gorgeous.” I say with a wide smile.

“Maybe you can invite her over for dinner one of these days and introduce her to Jimin.” Seojun looks over towards the kitchen.

I look over my shoulder and see Jimin in the middle of eating a sandwich. He has mayo on the corner of his pink lips as he looks over at us.

“Hmm?” Jimin looks between us with curiosity.

“Come on Jimin. When was the last time you dated?” Seojun chuckles.

Jimin gulps down his mouthful of food wiping the corner of his mouth with his thumb before on it lightly. I feel myself staring at him with lustful eyes before I notice where I am and avert my attention.

“I date. Besides I just got out of a relationship. I want to focus on myself for a while before getting back out there.” Jimin shrugs his shoulders.

Hearing Jimin talk about his private life makes me raise an eyebrow. He just got out of a relationship and he is out playing around?

“I hardly call seeing the same girl for two weeks a relationship.” Seojun chuckles.

“Yeah yeah. I'm just not ready to settle down. I'm still young.” Jimin says before taking another bite of his sandwich.

So from what I have gathered. Jimin is totally not the type of man I want to get mixed up with. This is exactly why I didn't give him my number or even bothered to learn his name. How did it get to this? I went from having a one night stand to living with him in the span of a week. This is all so mentally exhausting to me.

“I'm sorry. What were we talking about?” Seojun turns his attention back to me.

“Oh, ahh. High school.” I say snapping back to our earlier conversation.

“Right. So what were you like in high school? Your friend was popular that must of made you pretty popular too. I bet you got a ton of love confessions.” Seojun smiles lightly to me.

“I was mostly overshadowed by my best friend Ji Woo. The only love confessions I got were from people too scared to give her their confession to her themselves.” I let off a small chuckle.

“What? You're joking. You're so pretty.” Seojun smiles charismatically.

I feel my face burn as I get lightly embarrassed at his sudden compliment. I look down at my hands and fidget trying to calm my anxiety.

“I wasn't always this way…” I mutter. “What about you? You're so handsome. How were you not a heart breaker?” I look up at him turning the attention away from me back to him.

“Well I was a loser. I worse thick glasses, didn't care about my skin or physical appearance. Ate a little too much teokkbokki and ramen.” Seojun lets off a small chuckle.

“I guess we both changed when we became adults.” I smile at him softly.

“I suppose we did. All my old classmates want to be my friend or set me up on blind dates now.” He says.

“None of my old classmates care about being my friend or dating me now. You must be successful.” I say with a light chuckle.

“Your time will come. You're still in school aren't you?” Seojun says.

“Ah, yeah I am.” I nod looking down at my hands again.

“What is your major?” He asks.

“I really enjoy gaming so I am studying to become a game developer.” I say avoiding his eyes.

“Why do you do that?” He asks.

“Huh? I just told-” before I am able to finished talking Seojun's hand is lifting my chin.

“Not your studies. Whenever we talk about you, you get shy like you're embarrassed to talk about yourself.” Seojun says as our eyes meet and I feel my face starting to burn.

I bite my lip and avoid his gaze and I pull away from him.

“I'm not use to having someone so interested in getting to know me.” I stutter lightly.

To be honest I can't remember the last time I had a solid relationship.

“Well we are engaged now. So we should get to know one another.” Seojun says letting his hand rest in his lap again.

I nod and bite my lip nervously. I am curious if Jimin is still in the room with us but am too scared to look. I don't want Seojun to know about what happened between Jimin and I. I don't know how that would affect me or the contract. Thinking about it makes me feel dizzy.

“Before we continue how about a drink?” Seojun says getting up from the deep colored sofa.

“Ah, sure. Do you have Sprite?” I ask as he walks into the kitchen.

“I was thinking more of a glass of wine to calm your nerves.” Seojun laughs.

“Oh right. I don't drink often.” I let off an awkward laugh.

Just then Jimin walks into the kitchen. Our gazes meet one another for a brief moment before he rolls his eyes and walks over to the cupboard next to Seojun.

“Oh hey Jimin do you want a drink?” Seojun offers.

“I'll take a beer.” Jimin says grabbing snacks from the cupboard.

I look to the two men standing there. Seojun is tall and has broad shoulders but it still looks like he has a slim figure. Jimin is more toned and fit and as he reaches up to the top shelf of the cupboard his sweater rides up showing off his lower stomach. I would be eating up the small sight of his toned stomach but I was too focused on how toned and full his is. I bite my lip and turn my head away for a moment trying to collect myself.

“What's wrong? You can look at me.” Seojun chuckles as he must have caught my lustful stare.

My face burns and my stomach swirls as I stutter and shake my head but I know I cannot get out of this. Jimin looks at me with a raised eyebrow before a smirk goes across his face.

he knows…Oh god he knows…What am I gonna do? What should I say?

Seojun looks at me with an amused grin on his face as Jimin grins at me before leaving the kitchen with his beer and snacks. I gulp lightly feeling like I am going to die of embarrassment. Seojun walks over to us setting down a bottle two glasses and a can of sprite.

“I brought both just in case you don't like the wine.” He smiles to me.

“T-thank you.” I saying fanning my face a little.

“I think it's nice.” Seojun says as he open the bottle.

“Think what's nice?” I avoid his gaze.

“I think it's important to be attracted to each other since we are going to get married.” He says.

I gulp lightly and I feel like my heart is going to beat right out of my chest. He pours the wine into the glass. It's a dark crimson color with a very fragrant scent, the liquid lightly sticking to the side of the glass. My mom is a wine lover, she taught me about wine but never let me drink it until after I graduated. None of my friends were ever interested in wine but I did love the times I spent with my mom.

“S-So what do you do?” I say trying to change the subject.

“Well, like my father I am an investor. My work is a little more legal than his though. However that's not all I do. I'm a private equity associate.” He says.

“Oh wow. I…uhh, I thought…” I trail off.

“What? You thought my father owns this house? That he helped me get where I am now?” Seojun smirks at me.

“Is it bad that, that's exactly what I thought?” I cringe.

“No not at all. You don't know me and I don't know you.” Seojun chuckles and hands me a glass of wine.

I bite my lip and take it and look down at the deep crimson liquid swirling it around in my cup.

“My father and I haven't always been on the best terms. I'm his only son and the oldest. I had to work hard to get where I am. He wouldn't help me at all. My sister on the other hand lives in the lap of luxury.” He says before taking a sip of the wine.

“You really went for it and got it all didn't you.” I say feeling a little more impressed as I look around the room. It's open concept with dark toned decor and deep rich colored wood flooring, marble counter tops. It's impressive.

“Well, almost everything.” Seojun says.

His tone shifted to something a little more serious.

“What do you mean by almost everything?” I look to him curiously.

“I have everything but a wife and children to call my own.” He says resting his arm on the couch once more.

The mention of children makes me feel dizzy as that is something I haven't even thought about. I'm only 24 and still in school. I haven't even established my career yet and to think that I have to get married and have children with this guy makes me want to faint.

“Heh, yeah. I think you mean a beautiful wife.” I say trying to lighten the mood.

“Honestly, I don't care about things such as physical beauty. If I wanted a physically beautiful wife I'd have had one by now. I guess my standards are just too high and my father is getting impatient with me. I still respect his wants and decisions.” He says taking another sip from his cup.

“I'm guessing he really wants to be a grandfather.” I let off a nervous chuckle.

The anxiety is killing me as I grip my glass thinking about the true weight of this situation.

“He's already a grandfather. My sister is married and has started her family already. We don't have to talk about having a family together. That's a conversation for after we get married.” Seojun says nervously.

I nod to him and look down at my cup once again. I swirl the cup around lightly watching the dark liquid swish in the cup gently. I bring it to my nose and inhale deeply as I close my eyes. From the smell alone I can already tell a lot about it. It's full bodied with hints of spice and oak. I bring the cup to my lips and take a slow sip. The spice tickles my pallet as the hints of oak run smooth with the subtle fruity flavor.

“Interesting flavor profile.” I say looking up from my cup.

“It was a gift from a friend.” He chuckles.

“Your friend has good taste. I wanna say it is a Merlot from…” I stop and take another slow sip.

“Somewhere not from here. I want to say Italy but my mom is way better at this than I am.” I chuckle.

Seojun raises an eyebrow and looks at the bottle.

“It's from Tuscany. For someone who doesn't drink you sure know your wine.” He says shifting a bit.

He subtly scooted closer to me and I feel the anxiety filling my body once more.

“My mom and I use to do wine tasting together after I graduated high school.” I let off a sigh.

“Oh I'm sorry…do you miss your mom?” He looks to me sympathetically.

“Yeah, I really wish I could talk to her. After all that happened…I wish I could just hear her voice.” I say fiddling with my hands again.

“Hey.” Seojun puts his hand on top of mine.

I look up at him and try to swallow the nervous knot forming in my throat. Even if I could talk to my mom, how would I explain what happened? Would she offer to buy me out of the contract my dad so carelessly threw me into? She vowed not to pay off any more of his debts after they got divorced. I don't want to put that weight on her. Even if it means marrying Seojun.

“You don't have to be sad anymore. I know it's hard and in times like this you wish your mom was still around.” Seojun brushes a few strands of hair out of my face.

I feel myself blushing again as he looks into my eyes deeply there is a softness to them this time. I feel myself getting a little lost in the moment before what he said finally registers in my mind.

“Wait.” I say pulling away from him.

He looks to me curiously waiting for me to speak up again.

“She's on an overseas project with confidential info I can't talk to her for at least another few months…did…did you think my mom was dead?” I look to him with a mixture of emotions I cannot describe.

Seojun pulls away from me biting his lip as his cheeks redden a bit. He rubs the back of his neck avoiding my gaze for a moment.

“The way you were talking about her…I just assumed…” He trails off.

There is an awkward silence between us as we both sip at our wine. I don't know what to say after that misconception.

“I'm sorry.” Seojun speaks up finally breaking the silence.

I set down my empty glass and give him a soft smile.

“It's fine. I should have specified.” I say.

Seojun and I switch to lighter conversations like what our favorite colors, TV shows, and foods are. Seojun's favorite color is burgundy, his favorite TV show is survivor, and his favorite food is teokkbokki. It's interesting to learn about him in a lighter sense. The conversation earlier made me extremely uncomfortable and it almost made me feel kind of sick. The wine really helped us both calm our nerves and open up to the idea of getting to know one another more.

“It's getting late, I have an early meeting tomorrow. Are you sure you don't need my help with getting the rest of your stuff?” Seojun asks checking his watch.

“Ah, you really don't need to help me. I can manage on my own.” I nod.

“You've had a long day, you should rest up. Shall we go to bed now?” Seojun smiles to me.

There is a light blush across his face as he looks to me. I feel a little tipsy as I look at him and I finally see him for the man that he is. My body burns and I feel that anxiety tickling in my stomach as I realize what he was saying.

“O-oh.” I blush more than I already am.

“Come on.” Seojun stands up putting his hand out to me.

I gulp lightly and I take his hand. He pulls me up to him and I stumble forward into his chest. His hands wrap around my midriff for a moment as I steady myself. I can feel my heart rate picking up as he pulls me along gently. I didn't think that we would have to sleep together in the same bed. Or maybe I did and I chose to ignore it until it was happening. I have had a few drinks and I am feeling open to the idea of sleeping in the same bed. As for it leading somewhere after that makes me nervous. I just met this man but then again that didn't stop me with Jimin. But it wasn't meant to be anything more than just a one-two time thing. I'm suppose to marry Seojun and getting into bed with him the first night after meeting him seems a little too sudden.

Seojun stops and I walk right into his back and a small squeak comes out of me as I stumble backwards. His grip on my hand tightens and he pulls me to him once again my hands landing on his chest. I can feel the thumping of his heart and it's rhythm is matching mine. I look up at him feeling my limbs starting to go numb.

“This is your room.” Seojun says letting me go and stepping aside.

“O-oh.” I say surprised.

“I don't expect you to want to sleep in my bed right away so I prepared the guest room for you.” Seojun says.

“T-thank you.” I stutter lightly.

“Goodnight.” Seojun smiles softly to me.

“Goodnight.” I reply.

Seojun pats the top of my head lightly, looking down at me with a soft gaze. Our eyes connect for a tense moment before he turns and walks down the hall to what I assume to be his bedroom door. I let off a sigh of relief but my body still burns from the thoughts I had before. I bite my lip and lean up against my bedroom door before I hear the door across the hallway open.

Jimin appears in the doorway and he looks down at me with an amused look across his face. It finally sinks in that I have to live with him and his bedroom is right across the hallway from mine and all I can think is…

How am I going to make it through this engagement with him around?