Chapter Four

A Dangerous Affair

Part of me wants to feel guilty about what just happened but also another part of me, a very specific part of me, wants more. So, so much more. I know I shouldn't have let it happen I know that if Seojun finds out bad things will happen. I just don't know what came over me in that moment. I take a nice long hot shower to help clear my thoughts and relax my tense muscles. I feel like I haven't had a moment to relax and it's only been one night spent in Seojun's home.

I get changed and leave the house as quickly as I can so that I don't run into Jimin again. Who knows what might happen if we are left alone together again. My head wants to kick him where the sun doesn't shine. My body however wants to…do other things to that area.

Ah! What am I even thinking?

I get to my home and I feel calm seeing my building. I walk into the lobby and see the usual woman at the front desk. She's a sweet middle aged woman with short straight black hair. She sees me and her face lights up immediately. She's always been a very peppy person, a real ray of sunshine on the darkest of days.

“Eunji! A package came for you yesterday.” she says waving me over to the desk.

“Oh really?” I say happily.

She takes out the package and hands it to me with a sweet smile.

“Thank you.” I smile to her.

We chat for a bit and I tell her that I'll be away for a while and to forward my mail to a 'friends' house. I didn't want to tell her about my engagement I really don't want to tell anyone about it honestly. I know that I am going to have to tell people eventually but it's more of I'll figure that out when it comes kind of thing. I have other things to deal with first.

I get to my home and it feels so nice to be here. Even after what happened. I flop down on the couch and let out a long sigh. I can't believe that I have to live with those two. I don't know how I am going to survive that. I shake my head and sit up not wanting to go back down that mental spiral. I look over at the coffee table and see the cream folder sitting there.

I sigh and snatch it off the table and open it up. I look at the photos of my mom and I sigh. I miss her so much, she looks so happy. I can't ruin that for her. I won't let it happen. She deserves to be happy. I flip through the photos and pick the best one and set it aside. I look through the contract and see my fathers sloppy signature. It makes me snarl seeing his name at the bottom of the page.

I flip through the terms of the engagement. Engaged for a year then comes the wedding planning. An engagement party will be hosted in three months to announce to the public our engagement. Children are not a mandate but are encouraged. Of course…Oh here's something interesting.

No romantic entanglement or previous relationships shall interfere with the contract otherwise the buy out will double. So if I am caught with Jimin then my father's debt will double? How is that fair? Oh wait it says right here.

If any terms of the contract are violated the debt will be doubled and transferred to the bride-to-be. Oh , so if Jimin and I are caught then I'll have to pay double my father's debt? Did he even read this before signing my life away? By the sloppiness of his signature it doesn't seem like there was a moment of hesitation from him.

I flip through the pages a little more to finally see the debt owed by my father.

30 Million won?!?!?

You've got to be ing kidding me!

The buy out of this contract cost more than my tuition! There is NO way I can afford that. I can't ask my mom to pay it either. Jimin's offer to give me money to leave is sounding sweeter by the second. No. I can't do that. I won't do that. I could drop out of college for a year and use my tuition money to buy myself out? No…that messes up my plan and will look bad on my applications. I could get a part time job? But a job on top of going to school won't work either. Not to mention I have to get to know and spend time with Seojun.

I should have read through it better before I started living with him. It says I have to dress modestly? Well my fashion taste is terrible anyway I barely leave the house so no problem there. Keep a clean image on social media? I mean I don't really post provocative stuff but I do rage in online game community forums. Mandatory date night at least every other week? Ugh whyyy…I guess it makes sense. I have to get to know Seojun and raise public appearances so that it doesn't look suspicious. This is making me feel dizzy all over again.

I set the contract down and sit back rubbing my temples for a moment as I try to process what I had just read. This is insane. I knew my father was a ty guy but I never knew he would do something like this. It's not going to make it any easier with Jimin teasing me and provoking me.

I get up and grab a few more things that I didn't get to grab before. My skincare, hair products, other toiletries. I go to my room and look at my PC set up and sigh. This is going to be so hard to pack up…I walk back out to the living room and grab the little package from the table and rip it open. It's my phone. I had to send it in to get all the info transferred from my old one to this one. At least it's finally in the color I want, rose gold. I slap on a clear sparkly case and call it a day as I turn it on. I see a ton of texts from Ji Woo and I scroll through them. I sigh and dial her number hoping she isn't busy.

“Eunji! You got your new phone finally!” I hear her voice.

Just hearing her voice makes me feel a little lighter.

“Yeah sorry, it took longer than expected to transfer everything. I can't believe I was without my phone for so long. It felt like torture.” I let off a soft chuckle.

“What's up?” She says.

“I was wondering if you're busy. I'm packing up my PC to bring over to Seojun's place. Could you ask your brother help me bring it over there? I'll treat him to lunch!” I say.

“Hmm, I'm not busy right now. I don't know about my brother let me text him.” She says.

“Alright.” I say.

I hear the clicks and tapping on her phone as she types a message to her brother. I sit there for what seems like forever as the tapping goes back and forth for a while. I let out a light chuckle as she mutters under her breath as she types.

“He said he can come help. We will be over soon.” Ji Woo says finally.

“Sounded like you had to convince him to help me.” I chuckle.

“Ahh he was just being stubborn. I may owe him a blind date with one of my friends but he said he would help!” She says.

“So I don't have to treat him to lunch?” I ask.

“Oh no, he still wants the food. But he knows neither of us will be able to carry that beast of a PC you have.” Ji Woo chuckles.

“Ah, she is custom built and I don't trust movers to touch it. Seems like a fair trade off.” I reply.

“Jihoon is pulling the car around we'll be there soon!” Ji Woo says.

“Okay I'll see you soon.” I reply before hanging up the phone.

Just hearing Ji Woo's voice makes me feel better and I know that she will put me in a better mood after I see her. I dig around in the kitchen for a light snack and turn on the TV waiting for them to get here. It isn't long before I hear the doorbell chime and I jump up from my place on the couch. I walk over to the door and my finger hovers over the camera button. The memory of my father's bloodied and desperate face runs through my head. I squeeze my eyes shut trying to shake the memory from my mind but it seems like that image is burned onto my eyelids. The doorbell chimes again pulling me back to reality.

I press the camera button and I see Ji Woo's face up against the camera. She has a big smile on her face as she waves at the camera and makes silly faces. It calms my nerves and brings a chuckle to my lips as I open the door.

“Oh my god Eunji it's been forever!” Ji Woo wraps her arms around me.

“It's been three days.” I say hugging her back.

“It feels like forever when you're seperated from your best friend without a phone.” Ji Woo squeezes me tighter.

“I missed you too Ji Woo.” I let out a little grunt as I feel like I am being crushed.

“Alrighty let's get you packed up because I'm starving.” Ji Woo says as she pulls away from me.

I nod and peer over at Jihoon who seems to be really uninterested in the situation as he clicks around on his phone. It's weird to see Jiwoo's brother. He's basically the male version of her. They're twins and while JiWoo was the popular one Jihoon wasn't so popular. We spent a lot of time gaming together after school when Ji Woo was out with her other friends. Then we went on a few awkward dates thinking we liked one another and it hasn't been the same since.

“I just installed a new CPU unit and LED cooling fans with a semi-clear side panel with sparkles. I still want to upgrade it with more LED but none of the components are the specs I want. The ones I want are way out of my price range right now.” I say to Jihoon as I walk by.

“I got some left over parts if you want to come by and check them out. I'll sell them to you for half the price.” Jihoon says walking with me.

“Really? You're the best!” I give him a thumbs up.

Ji Woo usually tunes out whenever Jihoon and I start talking about computer stuff. She even sometimes has to step in because we get into some pretty heated debates over which part is better. She tries to listen and understand but this kind of stuff never really interested her anyway.

Walking into my room Jihoon sees my set up and nods in approval.

“So where are we taking this?” He looks at me.

“Ahh…A friends place?” I say awkwardly.

“Eunji I can tell when you're lying. What's wrong?” He looks to me intently.

“I sorta, kinda, got into a little situation…and now I'm engaged…so my fiance's house.” I say nervously pushing my index fingers together.

“Wait what?” Jihoon looks shocked.

“It's a whole thing.” I wave my hands.

“Did you know about this?” Jihoon looks to Ji Woo.

“We're best friends, of course I knew first.” Ji Woo says looking up from her phone.

“I-I didn't know you were dating.” Jihoon says in a nervous tone.

We both agreed that it would be best if we didn't tell Ji Woo about the awkward string of dates we went on.

“Her father's a piece of who married her off to pay off his debts.” Ji Woo says shoving her phone in her pocket.

“Isn't that illegal? Can't you go to the police?” Jihoon looks at me.

“We've already been through this exact conversation. If there was another way she wouldn't be living with the guy now.” Ji Woo says.

Jihoon looks to me sympathetically before we start to pack up my PC. I carefully wrap up the wires and pack it away into a suitcase I stuffed with a few blankets to ensure nothing is damaged when moving it. We pack up the monitors next and those are a lot easier to pack up.

We all go out for lunch and have a fun time. It seems as though that the awkwardness between Jihoon and I starts to melt away as the day goes on and it makes me feel a little better about the situation between us. It also makes me feel better about my situation in general. They might be the only people who know the truth right now but I feel like with their support I can handle it a little better now.

“Woah this is his house? Did his father pay for it?” Ji Woo says as we walk up the steps to the house.

“No, Seojun paid for it all by himself.” I say as we get to the door.

“How much debt did your father owe?” Jihoon asks.

“Enough to know that I apparently have a price tag.” I say in a snippy tone.

Jihoon avoids my gaze as I dig through my pocket trying to find my key. It's hard to shuffle through my pockets and carry a monitor at the same time. I let out a small groan as I can feel the key but I just can't seem to grab it out of my pocket. Just as I am about to give up and set my monitor on the ground the door opens and Jimin stands in the doorway.

God why do we keep meeting like this…

“Hey welcome home.” Jimin smiles to me.

“Yeah yeah.” I say pushing passed him.

I already know what Ji Woo is going to say and how she is going to attack me with questions demanding details. I set the monitor down on the table in the dining room.

“You can just leave the suitcase right there I'll put it away later.” I look to Jihoon.

He looks up at me and nods in response. His eyes then instantly lock with Jimin's and I can feel the tension in the air build as he stands up straight. Oh no please don't say anything, I am already dreading Ji Woo's questions.

“So is this your new fiance?” Jihoon says his voice deeper than usual.

I gulp and walk over to them quickly to explain the situation. Ji Woo is looking at me with a semi-shocked expression.

“This is-” Just as I am about to say it Jimin's arm wraps around my waist.

Jimin pulls me close to him and I nearly lose my balance as he holds me tightly.

“Yeah, what if I am?” Jimin says.

Jihoon puffs out his chest and gets closer to Jimin. Jihoon's fingers wrap around my wrist just before he pulls me to him. I fall forward into his chest and quickly push away from him.

“You don't get to touch her.” Jihoon says.

“You shouldn't be touching her either.” Jimin says pulling me back to him.

I feel my face burning up being pushed back and forth between these men and I feel myself getting dizzy again.

“I think it's low that you have to blackmail a woman into being your wife.” Jihoon says aggressivly.

I gulp and look up at Jimin and confusion washes over his face as he looks between Jihoon and I. The tension in the air heavy and I just want to sink and run away from it all. Then again I'm afraid of leaving these two alone in a room together.

“Eunji what's going on?” I hear a voice from the doorway.