Siyeon is a what?

Dreamcatcher Elika drabbles

"Jin-ah! Breakfast time!" Bora yelled.

There was no reply.

"Jin-ah!" Bora called again.

Again, there was no answer.

"Where did she go?" Bora wondered. "Wait, maybe she's watching the TV. I think I hear something."

Bora went to the family room to search, and sure enough, her daughter was sitting there.

"Jin-ah! Didn't you hear? I called you for breakfast!" Bora said.

Jin-ah still didn't answer and just stared at the TV. Bora noticed that Jin-ah had a shocked expression on her face.

"Why are you surprised? What are you watching?" Bora asked.

"Mama...?" Jin-ah finally spoke.

"Is anything wrong, dear?" Bora sat down beside Jin-ah and said.

Jin-ah didn't respond. Instead, she slowly pointed her finger towards the TV screen. Bora noticed that Jin-ah's hand was shaking.

"Mama... how am I understanding everything?" Jin-ah asked. Her voice sounded as if she was scared.

Bora looked at the screen and saw some kind of wildlife documentary going on. She watched it for some time.

"Hmm... what are you talking about? It's just some animals running around, catching prey and stuff. What's not to understand here?" Bora said.

"No, mama... it's the wolves! I can understand everything they're saying!" Jin-ah said. Her voice sounded the same as before.

"You're understanding the wolves..." Bora started to say, but suddenly she stopped. "Did you just say you understood what the wolves are saying??" Bora shouted as her eyes opened wide in horror.

"There! That leader is saying what they will hunt down... and then the mother is telling her kids to stay safe... I'm scared, mama! I have no idea how I can understand it!" Jin-ah said.

But Bora wasn't paying attention. She had immediately realized that might've been the reason, and was trying to process the information.


"Mama? Mama? Hello?"

Bora suddenly broke out of her trance, as she heard Jin-ah calling her.

"Mama, I'm really scared," Jin-ah said.

Bora looked at Jin-ah. Then before saying anything, she grabbed Jin-ah and ran to Siyeon's room at super speed.

Siyeon had just come out of the bathroom, when suddenly Bora appeared out of nowhere, along with Jin-ah. Siyeon wasn't ready for this, so she almost slipped and fell down to the floor.

"Oh my g-! 언니... what are you doing?" Siyeon said.

"Siyeon... I think it's time you tell Jin-ah about everything," Bora quietly said.

Jin-ah looked up at Bora. She clearly had no idea what's going on.

"Everything? What do you mean?" Siyeon asked.

"Jin-ah... understands wolf speech," Bora said.

Siyeon was surprised. "Is it true?" she asked Jin-ah. Jin-ah just nodded.

Siyeon, after a moment of silence, suddenly started howling like a wolf. Bora got taken aback at this sudden development.

Siyeon looked at Jin-ah and made some animal noises, which sounded really weird to Bora.

After Siyeon stopped, she eagerly looked at Jin-ah's face. Jin-ah looked at Siyeon, and suddenly started making the same kinds of sounds as Siyeon.

"Is this the language of wolves?" Bora wondered.

As Jin-ah finised, Siyeon became elated and hugged Jin-ah hard. She then kissed Jin-ah on the forehead and exclaimed, "That's my baby!"

But Jin-ah was still confused. She turned to Bora and said, "Mama, how did mom do that? And how did I do that?" It was obvious that she was still scared.

Bora and Siyeon shared a look. Then Siyeon said, "Look, Jin-ah- there's actually something that we never told you."

After a brief pause, she continued, "Mom is not actually a human. I'm a wolf."

Jin-ah got a huge shock. She started backing away from Siyeon.

"It's true," Bora put her hand on Jin-ah's shoulder and said.

Siyeon smiled. Suddenly something ripped through Siyeon's skin and clothes from the inside and a creature jumped out. As Siyeon's lacerated skin fell down on the ground, Jin-ah saw that the creature was a wolf.

Jin-ah slowly walked to the wolf. "Mom?" she asked.

"Yes, sweetie," the wolf replied in Siyeon's voice. "It's me. This is how I really look like."

"Wow..." Jin-ah said as she checked out the wolf in astonishment.

"You're not scared?" Bora asked from behind. "I get scared everytime I see your mom coming out like that."

"No... this actually feels... natural!" Jin-ah said.

"I knew you had it in you," the wolf happily said.

"Okay, wolf mother," Bora chimed in, "your daughter may have turned out to like you, but she still hasn't had her breakfast. This might be an emotional moment for you, but keep that in mind too."

The wolf looked at Jin-ah and howled quietly.

Jin-ah clearly got the message, as she happily replied with a howl and ran out of the room.

Bora looked at the wolf and asked, "Is there a word for 'breakfast' in your language?"