A puncture?

Dreamcatcher Elika drabbles

"Hmm... It's getting late. What is Yoohyeon still doing in her room?"

It was a nice morning and also an off day for the Dreamcatcher members. Minji had nothing else to do, so she was simply sitting and reading a newspaper. After reading some of the news, she suddenly sensed that Yoohyeon was in her room, completely motionless. "Is she still sleeping?" Minji asked herself.

After a while, Minji finally decided to check out what's wrong herself. She came to the room Yoohyeon was in and knocked on the closed door.

"Hello? Yoohyeon? Anything wrong?" she said.

A normal person wouldn't have heard anything at this point, but Minji clearly heard a weak voice coming from the middle of the room.

"언니..."

Immediately, Minji proceeded to phase through the closed door and entered the room. And to her surprise, she saw something she was not ready to see at that moment.

An Yoohyeon husk was lying down on the floor near the bed. She looked no different from an inflatable toy with no air inside.

Minji rushed to Yoohyeon and picked her up. "What happened to you, baby?" she asked.

"언니... help me..." was all Yoohyeon managed to say.

Minji quickly realized the situation and decided what she was going to do. She held up Yoohyeon's head with one hand and deeply kissed her flat lips. In only a few moments, air out of nowhere came and filled Yoohyeon's body, returning her to her figure.

Yoohyeon landed on her feet and looked at herself. She was perfectly restored.

"언니... I don't even know how to thank you..."

"You don't need to, Yoohyeon. It's my job to help anyone who's in trouble. Now tell me, how did you become like that?"

"Actually... I'm not sure, 언니," Yoohyeon started, "After waking up, I tried to get down from the bed. Right then, I felt something sharp poke my arm. Before I realized it, I started leaking air and I got flat in no time. I couldn't even move slightly, 언니! It felt horrible!"

"Something sharp on your bed, huh?" Minji said and hovered over to Yoohyeon's bed to check. Not surprisingly, she found an exposed thumbtack on Yoohyeon's bed. Minji picked it up and showed it to Yoohyeon.

"Do you think Bora played a prank on you?" Minji asked.

"Bora 언니? I don't think she would do something like this suddenly..."

"Anyway, I'm just glad to have you back, you know? I was getting worried!" Minji said, "But there's something I have to say. Being this weak won't help you! You need to learn how to avoid this kind of a situation from now on!"

"Avoid? How do I do that? Can I do anything when I have no mass inside me?"

"I didn't teach you shapeshifting for nothing, Yoohyeon! You should be able to fix any puncture in your body through which air might escape. Even if you do become deflated, at the very least you need to learn to move yourself so you can get help easily!" Minji said in an almost commanding tone.

"Move myself? Oh! Will that cartoon thing work?" Yoohyeon said.

"What cartoon thing?"

"I would put my thumb in my mouth and blow. The air will fill up my body- that...?"

"Hmm..." Minji thought, "that probably won't work, as your thumb will be too thin to block the air from going out."

"Ooh... so how can I learn how to avoid such situations?" Yoohyeon asked.

"Lucky for you, I'm all about helping. Let's go back to the old times when I used to teach you everything, shall we?"