Shadow In The Darkness

RITM arc 2: Fallen Apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning : I'm too lazy to double check my grammar or plot. If thing mess up feel free to criticize me teehee xoxo

 

For the first time, she felt tired in her life.  Unbeknownst to her, she sighed for the umpteenth time.  Although her hands were quick to perform tasks, her legs were constantly moving and her eyes were always focused but her mind wandered without realizing that her body was not able to do so much work at one time.

"You can stop now Yeonshin ssi, you're shift already over."

The moment she stop whatever she are doing, Yeonshin start to felt the extreme fatigue attack her body as if it's was waiting for her to break down.

"You done a very good job today and I felt that I had found a gem in this tiny shop. But I don't want you to overwork yourself on the first day."

As the owner of a cafe shop, Lee Jung Jyung is impressed with the abilities of her new employee.  It is not easy to find young people who are serious because most of them are easy to give up.

Yeonshin who realized that she had exceeded her limits could only nod. What she needs right now is a rest.

.

.

.After bid goodbye to the owner, Yeonshin walked aimlessly along the road until she found an empty bench and sit down her tired body. Staring long at her cell phone, Yeonshin thwarted her intention to call the Shin's family driver and at the same time looking at the clock on the screen showing 8 p.m.

Looking up while leaning her head, it's obviously nighttime right now since she can't see anything without the street lamp but still she can clearly see those stars that hanging on the sky and makes the world feel unbelievable vast in her eyes.

Those stars that she can never able to reach.

'Then, do you believe in me?' 

May stay the way it is.

 

_

 

Kim Jong Dae also known as Chen don't really  believe in something flimsy as fate but sometimes he hope that if 'fate' is really exist, it's should at least spared them mercy or don't include him in it's games. 

Born as one of the children in a conglomerate family, of course he became one of the candidates who will inherit the family legacy. Therefore, whether siblings, cousins ​​or even relatives, they have the right to be the next successor if they have the ability.

That is for them, but not for Chen. Seeing them as greedy dogs betraying each other just because a piece of meat that will be digested forever, Chen wants to laugh at his funny metaphor. But seriously, he was happy with how peaceful his family is until all attention was directed to him.

In the first place, his family was one of those who chose to remained neutral and Chen was never intended to be one of those dogs in the beginning but somehow he also can't never escape if the fate decide to play with him too. Sure he can't laugh anymore because he also become one of the jokes but at least being with his friends that he had right now makes him stayed away from those people who wear fake mask just to takes advantage on him. And that's how he will live in fullest with his friends until the day he ready to wear the crown arrive.

Until that girl comes in the picture. The girl that focusing her stares up on the skies right now. 

Well, Chen was not the one who concerning himself in someone else affair but that girl is someone precious to his only female friend.

He walked to Yeonshin and just like that, sit down on the empty bench beside her.

"Yo wassup, I'm Chen. Your sister best friend."

"Go away." And just like that he being chased away by the sister of his friend.

"That's hurt. But seriously, don't go and push away people so quickly."  Chen don't want to give on his curiosity while he has a chance.

"I'm not in mood to argue right now but are you guys a stalker or something?" Yeonshin too curious on how these friends of her sister always bumped with her in the same road. Well, she ain't wrong except for Chen at least.

"Wow, hold on there. Who's? Tell me? but still, I'm innocent though." Chen can't hide his excitement. Just as he want to hold the conversation longer, Yeonshin stand up and leaves her place.

Chen did not stay idle as he catch up with Yeonshin. Bothering her along the way.

"Well, if you putting this that way it's not wrong to say that my friends are stalking you since we don't know you enough to let you stay with Cheonsa. But we are not bad guy if only you be a little bit nicest to your sister."

Yeonshin find this guy entirely weird. First, out of nowhere he's introducing himself as if they were close friend. And second, he is the only one who don't care about her appearance in the first place whether at the school or the fight with Cheonsa on the rooftop that day. And yet now he act all friendly with her. Correct her if she wrong but he's the observan type, the type of people she hates the most.

"Are you trying to manipulating me? Just to let you know that what you see is what the truth." This guy is the type of person who would find her deepest secret and darkest past. 

Seeing her leaving again, Chen has no attention to stopping her but this time he was amused with her choice of words. People who don't know him would say that he's kind and don't talk alot while his friend would say that he is a sarcastic brat that always troll on his friend but this is the first time someone said that he's a manipulative. 

'Don't misunderstand. You're not chosen because you are my favourite grandson but it's because how terrifying would be when you grow up later with that mindset of yours. So while you still can, I will give you the chances to living your youth in fullest until you ready to faced the battle in future.'

That old man also said the almost same thing. That's why he feel much more curious right now. And he gonna find out not because she is his precious friend's sister but for his own entertaining.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter