prologue

Of Sticks & Strings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A weary breath escaped from her lips as she hit the final crash. She sat still in that position for a couple moments before sensing someone approaching. Flipping her hair out of her face, she was greeted by her dear sister, Heeyeon.

 

“You’ve gotten pretty good.” the older girl complimented with an endearing smile.

 

“Good enough to go against EXID?” she asked, a smirk dawning her face as she stood up and tucked her sticks into the back pocket of her jeans as she referred to her sister’s well-known band..

 

The two stood two meters apart, their backs stiffly straight and their identical eyes piercing into each other.

 

“Yujin, let it go. It was a silly, childhood dare.” Heeyeon sighed, dropping onto the couch beside her. “You don’t actually have to try so hard to beat us.”

 

Pursing her lips, Yujin made her way over to her sister and sat down on the floor in front of her, her legs crossed. She looked over at the other girl and crossed her arms.

 

“You’re just saying that because you don’t think I can actually do it.” the youngest said in frustration and annoyance. “You think that EXID is sooo popular, a simple, rookie would be nothing in comparison to you.”

 

“That’s not what I’m trying to say, Yujin.” Heeyeon said, her voice stern and sharp. “You could be be doing something else you’re incredibly good at instead of cooping yourself up in this basement.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter