6. VI

The Princess and her Robin Hood.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The past couple of days felt like a blur to the Princess. The preparations for her ascension to the throne, finding the late King and Queen’s crowns, and the capturing of her beloved Tzuyu, Dahyun became despondent to the world.

 

To some, Tzuyu appeared as nothing more than a petty thief who managed to infiltrate the palace at a very crucial moment. Dahyun knew more than that. To Dahyun, she was the person who she fell in love with. She was the person who stole her heart and made her feel special. Made her feel like she was worth much more and could offer more to the world than her given right to the throne.

 

Only for her to throw the delicate heart she carried in her hands and watch it shatter into a million pieces. She couldn’t even be here to watch Dahyun fail miserably to pick up the pieces.

 

The Princess desperately wanted to try and seek out answers from Tzuyu. With the time she had, it was impossible for her to sneak just one peak at Tzuyu. Whenever she saw an opportunity, she was always intercepted by either Momo or Chaeyoung. Both of them just wanted to look out for Dahyun but had no way of knowing how to properly protect Dahyun from the pain she felt inside herself.  

 

Tonight...Tonight she was going to see Tzuyu no matter what.

 

The moon had already long made its presence known onto the night sky. This moment right here was the perfect time for Dahyun to set her plan into motion. Momo had already retired to her own chambers, the afternoon guards had begun to shift with their nightly counterparts, no sight of Chaeyoung anywhere. 

 

‘That woman never sleeps,’ Dahyun thought.

 

Dahyun slipped out of her own chambers right as the guard that stood in the hallway began to leave his post. The trek to the palace dungeons had actually been quite uneventful, save for the occasional dive to the nearest blind spot when she spotted a guard. Everything would have been fine, she even got in front of the last obstacle in her way, the door leading to the cells, where Tzuyu was.

 

As Dahyun reached her hand to grab onto the handle, her hand was snatched up. By none other than the person she had not taken into account tonight.

 

“Chaeyoung.” Dahyun said.

“Your grace. May I ask you to state what your business is being down here so late at this time of night?”

 

“No real reason at all. I...seemed to have lost my way around the palace while I went to fetch some water after being parched for far too long. One would think that living here for all of my years living here, I would not find any troubles walking around. Foolish me. Always forgetting something.”
 

“Right, of course.” Chaeyoung raised her eyebrow in question. “If that is the problem, I shall happily you back to your chambers. If you will excuse me for a second. Let me call upon one of the night guards to take my post temporarily.”

 

“Oh! No need at all! As a matter of fact, let me give you the rest of the night off and tomorrow. You have been working awfully hard these days, Chaeyoung. You need a break. Nothing will happen if you rest for a day. Now, shoo! Off you go!” Dahyun tried pushing Chaeyoung towards the exit but Chaeyoung gently grasped her hands.

 

“Your grace, as amazing as that is, I take my duties very seriously. No matter the amount of breaks I will be given, I would rather stay here. The only way I would leave this post is if exhaustion overtook my body. As of right now? I feel more than energized.”

 

“Chaeyoung please. I insist. As your best friend and the soon to be Queen, I command it.”

 

“As your best friend and the captain of the royal guard, your grace, I know when something is amiss. Clearly, you are not telling me something. What is it?” 

 

Dahyun sighed out of defeat. “Why did we have to grow up together?”

 

“I like to think of it as a victory and an advantage. Now, tell me what the true purpose of this visit was.”

 

“I need to see her, Chaeyoung.”

 

“Absolutely not!” Chaeyoung firmly said.

 

“Why? Why do you and Momo restrict me from getting any answers? I deserve to know why she broke my heart with no care. I want to speak with her.”

 

 “We care about you. That’s why, Dahyun. Do you think it helps your case to see you sulking while you think there is no company around you? Momo told me how she saw you crying and refusing to leave your room the day after the ball. Do you think I am okay with the knowledge that I am about to allow my best friend and beloved Princess of my kingdom to just waltz in and speak to a criminal who broke her heart?”

 

“Please. Please. I need to know why she did not even care about the consequences that would follow. I need to know why she did what she did.”
 

“You will know. At the trial in the next two days. Dahyun, as your best friend, I strictly advise against it. As captain and therefore overseer of the prisoner, I forbid it.” 

 

“You know exactly what I mean, Chaeyoung. I must speak with her privately. Do this for me. If not, do it for the name of justice to get my parents’ beloved crowns. I know she wil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter