3. III

The Princess and her Robin Hood.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the beginning, this was merely a plot for Tzuyu to steal the royal crowns and leave as soon as possible, but why did she have to complicate things even further? She could blame Nayeon and Mina for this but she knows the truth. She agreed to everything. This was for the sake of the poor children stuck inside that orphanage with no chance of survival, but why does it feel like she has another motive to keep visiting the princess? Nonetheless she had a mission to carry out and god damn it, she’s Chou Tzuyu, she can accomplish this with no problem.

 

By the time Tzuyu had finished her thought, she had already set foot right below the beloved balcony. It was a full moon, after all. There was no way she would miss out on her monthly meetings with the princess. Tzuyu chuckled and shouted, “Rapunzel Rapunzel, let down your hair!” Silence was her answer. Tzuyu tried again, and waited for a handful of minutes, nothing. She began to grow more worried and anxious as the minutes passed by. 

 

Why am I so worried about the princess, if she is merely a pawn in this game I have created? Could it be that I need her in this plan so I can successfully acquire what I so desire? Nevertheless, I must see to it that she is okay. If not for my own peace of mind, for the children who desperately need that crown for a better livelihood.

 

Tzuyu made her way onto the princess’ balcony. Hesitating for a moment as she reached the door separating her from Dahyun, she quickly made up her mind and within one fluid motion, she opened the door. Unfortunately for Tzuyu, she wished she didn’t have to see her princess look so sickly. In haste, she made her way near Dahyun’s bedside. 

 

“Your grace,” Tzuyu whispered, “It is me, Tzuyu.” She placed her hand upon Dahyun’s warm cheek and that awoke the princess from her slumber.

 

“Tzuyu. You came. I thought the sight of me being absent from my balcony would’ve made you leave but you still came. Even in sickness, you come to my side.” Dahyun struggled to get out.

 

“Of course I had to come and see you. Our monthly visits can only go on for so long. Every meeting we have, it angers me that we both agreed on seeing each other monthly. I wish to be by your side always, no matter what. Every day I think of you and ponder upon what you do. Whether or not you are okay, you are happy, and you are healthy. When I saw no sight of you, I had to know.”

 

Dahyun chuckled. “My hero. My stars in the sky.”

 

“There was no moonlight tonight to accompany my sky, no shine. Tonight, the sky was nothing but darkness because I saw no sight of you. To see you like this, on the brink of death, it pains me to see you in so much pain. To know that I can not do anything to lessen your pain or to make this stop. Please Princess, let me know if there is anything I can do.” Tzuyu took the clammy hand of Dahyun and squeezed hard. “Anything at all.”

 

“Stay by my side, please.”

 

“Always, my moonlight. Always.”

 

……

 

An hour had passed. Tzuyu hadn’t left Dahyun’s side at all. Simply kneeling and resting her head on the soft silk sheets, holding and the princess’ hand as the princess slept peacefully.

 

A knock at the door resonated through the whole room, making Tzuyu jump to her feet.

 

“Hello, your grace. I come carrying the tea you requested for.” The mysterious woman came in with her back turned away from the two other figures in the room. She set down the tea on the bedside table facing away. “I sincerely apologize for this taking so…” She screamed as soon as she saw the masked figure standing over the beloved princess of the land. She tried running towards the door but Tzuyu quickly ran over and blocked her from exiting.

 

“Please, I mean no harm to anybody at all. I come in peace, I swear by it.” Tzuyu said as she had her hands up in peace.

 

Though the woman wouldn’t hear of it, she began to back up and in the process knocked over the tea she had brought, which knocked Dahyun out of her feverish state. “Momo, please.” Dahyun weakly said. “She truly means no harm. She is a friend. One of the only friends I have in this world. Please do not tell anyone, Momo, this secret needs to be kept between all of us.”

 

Momo eagerly nodded. “Of course, your grace. I will make no mention of this to anyone and if I do, you may do whatever you wish as punishment for breaking this promise.”

 

“No need for punishment. I trust you, Momo. I know you won’t tell anyone. You are my handmaiden, a person who I see as a great friend to me.” Momo bowed deeply in gratitude at being called a friend to the princess. “I ask you one more thing. Can you please leave Tzuyu and I alone at this moment?”

 

“Yes, your grace! I will fetch more tea for our guest and make up for the fallen tea.” Momo made her way to the door and Tzuyu stepped aside. “It was a pleasure meeting you, Tzuyu. May we see each other again in the future.” Momo stepped out right as Tzuyu nodded her head in acknowledgement.

 

As soon as Momo was out the door, Tzuyu rushed over back to Dahyun’s side. “You should rest more, princess. I worry what this sickness may do to you if you do not receive the correct treatment.”

 

“Oh Tzuyu, you can call me by my first name. It’s the least you deserve after all of our meetings. As for my treatment, do not worry. I have faith that I will get through this. Let me talk to you more since this is a rare occasion after all. You have never stepped foot in my bedroom, let alone any of the rooms in the palace, unless I am not aware that you have been here before?”

 

“No! Not at all, your grace.” Dahyun narrowed her eyes. “Not at all...Dahyun.”

 

“Perhaps one day I can give you a tour of my home. I’d absolutely love to show you.”

 

“One day but today is not that day. Focus on resting.”

 

“Nonsense Tzuyu. I feel better already. Please,” Dahyun pleaded. “Just talk to me. Hearing the sweet sound of your voice can become the medicine that I need.”

 

Tzuyu chuckled. “Yes, Dahyun. Anything for you to recover better.”

 

One minute had turned into an hour, an hour into the entire night passing by as the two talked about anything that had come up into their minds. By the time Tzuyu had taken notice of the time, the sun had begun it’s rise to wake up the world.

 

“Oh dear, it appears more time has passed than I realized, I truly do need to take my leave.” Tzuyu said. “I have matters to attend to that require my attention.” Before Tzuyu could take another step towards the balcony, Dahyun caught her hand.

 

“Please Tzuyu, you have stayed the entire night. Please, stay with me. I do not think I can wait another moon cycle to see you again. Let us be selfish and relish in the moment we were lucky enough to receive. Just a little more time. Lie down in bed with me. You and I... we could fall asleep together. Domesticity is something we have never done before. Simply falling asleep with each other is something we may never have the chance to do. Stay. Please.”

 

Tzuyu looked over at the balcony for one moment, then to Dahyun. “Will I ever be able to resist you, Dahyun?” Tzuyu sighed. “Very well Princess but if those important matters I mentioned before became angry with me, I am blaming you.”

 

Dahyun giggled. “If that is the price for having more time with you, so be it. Come here.” Dahyun raised her arms to show that she wanted to be held.

 

“Princess...are you not worried about boundaries? We have only met so many times and I worry we may be going too fast with each other.” Tzuyu said as she towered over Dahyun trying to climb into her bed.

 

“Time is simply a man made concept Tzuyu. There is no specific set of time for any form of companionship. However someone may take it, it doesn’t make it any less real, my starlight.”

 

“Very well Dahyun.” Tzuyu climbed under the silk sheets and wrapped her arms around Dahyun. 

 

Warm. Tzuyu thought. This is...nice. This feeling is so foreign to me. Why does my heart feel like it’s racing when I’m simply lying in bed with Dahyun?

 

“Close your eyes, Tzuyu. Rest for a bit. I assure you no one will bother us.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter