Her unique diet

The List
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
3. Her unique diet

"Seul, do you think I'm fat?" Joohyun asked immediately broke the silence between us. 

One peaceful morning, we were working on an assignment at the cafe near the university. When I heard that question, I looked away from my Mac and stared at her carefully. "Who says that?" my brows frowned in confusion. It's unusual for Joohyun to ask about her body weight. 

"Just because of curiosity. Do you think I'm fat?" Joohyun pressed on that matter. 

"Do you want an honest answer or a lie?" I joked lightly. My desires to grew when I saw her expression change from grave to thoroughly annoyed. 

 "SEULGI!" she shrieked suddenly. "You know I'm serious right now. Don't be such a jerk!" she grumbled. 

I couldn't help but laugh when the girl in front of me crossed her arms while glaring at me with an irritated face. No matter how hard she tried to look fierce, it only made her look even funnily, especially with my oversize black sweatshirt, which she stole from my closet. If I had written about Joohyun being a kid before, then I would repeat it. She looked like a kid. "Jesus, I'm just messing with you, Hyun" then I looked at her from top to bottom repeatedly. "You look good, so what?"

She puffed her cheeks and snorted in annoyance. "Then why Yerim makes fun of my cheeks? She said it got puffed!"

"Did she said that?" I asked, holding back my laughter. I didn't expect her, who was more mature than Yerim took that kid comment seriously. 

Her brown eyes stared at me thoughtfully as if to empathised with what she wanted to say. "Yes, she even said my stomach is bloated! There was no one else brave enough to insult my stomach, Seulgi! No one!" she got irritated. 

"Maybe that kid only messing with you, Hyun. Don't take it seriously. You know how's Yerim. Sometimes she and Sooyoung behave recklessly." I remembered how bad their behaviour. Not enough one Kim Yerim was created in the world, God brought her together with Sooyoung, who was the embodiment of evil. You could imagine being in my shoes, having to face the combination of their annoying combo throughout the years. 

"But I think she has a point," she muttered softly. My gaze was immediately drawn to her sad face. 

"About what?"

"About my puffed cheeks and bloated stomach. Recently I was standing in front of the mirror after the morning shower—"

"What? Don't tell me you recorded yourself , Hyun?" I asked while faking my surprise. 

"Of course— what the hell are you talking about? ert!" a crushing blow flew into my head. It took me to beg for her forgiveness before she stopped hitting me. Holy Christ, she is insane. 

"Okay, what was that about? Oh—  I noticed that my cheeks got puffed, and my stomach looks horrible!" she grabbed her stomach. In my opinion, there was nothing wrong with that. 

"I think you look fine. You better not think what that rascal said, Hyun. There was nothing wrong with you," I said, reassuring her. 

"No, Seul. Yerim was right! That's why I need to go back to diet!"

"Diet? Is it all that you can think about?" There was nothing wrong with Joohyun dieting, though. It was not the first time she did that. But was it worth the trouble?

"Yeah, what's wrong with that?"

My frown got deepened. Joohyun's words made me rethink again. "I don't know. I mean, is it essential for you to diet? There's a better way than that."

She stared at me like I'm asking an idiot question. "Of course, it's necessary! Did you see my body?"

What I said is true. There was nothing wrong with Joohyun's body. My opinion was her body's below the ideal proportion because she was too thin. With a height of 155 centimetres and 44 kg, she was like thin paper. Unfortunately, Joohyun was stubborn as . She kept insisting on dieting. I didn't mind as long as she stuck to a healthy diet. "Yeah, it's up to you, as long as you do a healthy diet" I was too lazy to argue with her. 

The annoyed look on her face immediately replaced with a smile. "Of course, I'm on a healthy diet. Didn't you see what I am ordered?" she gestured her drink. 

My gaze fell on her cup. From the smell, I guess it was a cup of green tea. When I realised my brows furrowed slightly. It was unusual for Joohyun to consumed tea in the morning. "Green tea?" I asked to confirm my suspicion. 

The raven-haired girl nodded enthusiastically. "Yes, do you know green tea is good for reducing fat belly? You know, since my stomach was bloated, I always consume it once every morning.

"You are like sales, Hyun. Maybe if you can convince me again, I'll buy your green tea product," I teased as she was promoting her diet method. 

"I'm serious, Seulgi. I don't want to have a bloated stomach!" she complained. 

I massaged my temples and exhaled slowly. "Yes, yes. I hope your diet is successful, Hyun,"

"Don't worry, it will work!" she replied very convincingly. 

Well, so far, I don't think there will be any problem. But, of course, the world doesn't work like that. 

 

 

The weekend was the perfect time to lazing around. Unfortunately, all of it was only a dream if you were preparing for examination weeks like this. The assignment was filling your time. And you must submit them before the exam. You had to study for an upcoming exam with so much material and limited time. Trust me; this was the most annoying moment. 

"I give up!" I groaned loudly while putting my head on the table. It felt like my head weight a million pounds from studying for hours. Not to mention the Hydrodynamic task that I hadn't finished yet. 

From behind her laptop, Joohyun looked at me in surprise. "But your assignment is not finished, Seul."

"Let me tell you something, Hyun. The Hydrodynamic is !" I still didn't understand why we had to calculate the fluid motion. The concept was very abstract to me. 

She raised her eyebrow. "Tell that to Veterinary Parasitology, Seul. Trust me. It's a nightmare!"

I just responded with a loud groaning. I had enough fluids, and I didn't want to think about the girl weird subject, studying parasites in animals, especially when she showed the result of her surgery a long time ago. I felt like throwing up. After ruffling my hair with a huff, I decided that it was time for me to rest from the burdens of life. Slowly, I stand up and stretch my body while Joohyun, who was in front of me, watching me with interest. "Now I'm hungry and want to order foods. What do you want to eat, Hyun?" I asked her who still busy with her assignment. 

She was side-glancing me and back to her work. "You can order, Seul. I'll eat later."

When I heard that, my brows raised in surprise. "Are you sure you are not hungry?"

"I'm not starving yet. Besides, I still have a lot of work to do. It's okay. I can eat later," she refused gently, "Don't worry."

"Hmm... alright," without further ado, I immediately ordered Mc Donald's from my phone. I want a Happy Meal Burger, french fries, and strawberry yoghurt drink. Plus, currently, Mc Donald's is releasing a Star Wars toy series. 

A sly smile began to decorate my lips. I can wait to show Joohyun that toy. That grumpy kid always teased me like a child, just because my hobby was collecting Happy Meal toys. Well, she was such a hypocrite since she was collecting kinder joy toys too. So, who are the actual kids?

When the bell ringing, I ran as fast as lightning to get my food. But when I want to show Joohyun my Happy Meal's toy, I stared in surprise. "What are you doing, Hyun?"

Joohyun, who was busied chewing her cereal while staring at her monitor screen, raised her head. "Of course, I'm eating. What else I'm doing right now?"

"Cereal?" I asked as I stared at Coco Krunch cereal she had served in the bowl. 

"Yes, why? It's like you haven't seen anyone eat cereal before," she chuckled teasingly. When her gaze shifted to the packaged on the table, she smirked knowingly. "I'll bet it's a Happy Meal. Huh, kids," sneered the girl. 

I held back myself for not rolled my eyes at her. "Yes, at least I ate real food. Not like someone."

She raised her brow questioningly. "Did you think cereal is not included as food?"

"Cereal for lunch? You have got be kidding me, Hyun" I can't understand her mind sometimes. 

"Oh, come one. I'm too lazy to eat. Besides, I told you I'm on a diet," the girl reasoned. "After all, this is my favourite food. Look, Seul, there's a lot of chocolate, right?" she asked while showing off a bowl full of Coco Krunch with milk. 

"You better eat properly, Hyun. I'll order another set of lunch for you, okay?"

Joohyun shook her head quickly. "No, I'm lazy, Seul. Besides, I have no appetite. Since morning, I haven't eaten anything, just because"

"But I'm worried about you, Hyun. You said you haven't eaten since morning. How can I not worry?" she's been like this for these few days. Her excuse is always the same; too lazy to eat, don't have an appetite. Honestly, it worries me a lot. What if she gets sick because her diet is wrong?

"I told you I'm too lazy to eat. I just want to eat cereal right now."

"But Hyun—"

"Listen, I'm fine, Seul. You better take care of yourself and quit being a worrywart. After this, we still have to study." she said in the final. 

I exhaled slowly. If it's like this, I couldn't force Joohyun to listen to me. At least she still wanted to eat better than sorry. Hopefully, the next day it would be easier to persuade her. If not, I didn't know what else to do. 

 

 

If I thought that her diet would improve the next few days, maybe I was wrong. She was hardly eating. Sometimes she was just eating once a day after I forced her to eat. At first, it just me who knew her unhealthy diet lately, but after some time, our friends started to got suspicious too, especially since Joohyun seemed to do something unusual. 

"Are my eyes deceiving me? Have I seen Bae Joohyun doesn't finish her fried chicken?" Sooyoung shrieked after she noticed Joohyun only ate part of the chicken on her plate. It was unusual for her to do that because the fried chicken is Joohyun's favourite food. Especially chicken . 

Seungwan, who sat beside me, even leaned forward to see more clearly. Then, the blonde-haired girl stared at Joohyun with an incredulous face. "Are you on a diet or something?"

"I'm too lazy to eat these days" Joohyun then put her spoon and fork on her plate and gr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter