Photographer Bae

The List
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
9. Photographer Bae

"Come on, Seul. I'm asking for your help just this once." She asked me with her puppy dog eyes. 

A soft sigh escaped my mouth. It's been 15 minutes since the girl begged for my help. It didn't look like she was planning to give up. I turned my gaze to her puppy dog eyes. Joohyun pouted her lips and started to whine. After a while, I couldn't stand it either. 

"Is not there anyone else?" I lazily asked her. I was sipping a chocolate milkshake that was almost finished in front of me. We were at the cafe inside the university. Coincidentally, the two of us no longer have a classes schedule. That was the reason why we could relax for a while. 

"If we don't get desperate for an additional person, I will not ask for your help."

"But you know that it is veterinarian's events. I am an engineering major. I don't have any business there."

"But there is no one as talented as you, Seul. We need your help." She asked desperately. 

"If I help you, what will I get?" I didn't want to help for free, primarily related to her faculty's business. Someone told me something. "If you're good for something, never do it for free." If you were a DC fan, you would know what I was talking about. Yep, Joker! But if you were a Marvel fan, then sorry, not sorry, we were not meant for each other. 

"Since when did you become manipulative?" She asked suspiciously. 

"Since you have spent my monthly allowance to satisfy your minimalist freak idea!" I replied aggressively. If she thought that I would help her for nothing, then Joohyun was wrong. I was pretty stingy when it came to my abilities. 

When Joohyun realized what I was talking about, her face turned sour. "Oh God, that was a long time ago. And you still have a chip on your shoulder?"

My eyebrow rose slightly. "What? Of course, I am still bitter over it! I had begged Seungwan to help me to cover my bills for a month!" Occasionally, she teased me about it, but of course, I would let Joohyun know about that. 

"Okay, okay, that was my fault." She admitted it. 

"And?" I was not satisfied enough. 

"I'm sorry."

"What? I can't hear you."

Joohyun rolled her eyes and sighed. "I'm sorry for wasting all your money. I promise I will pay it back to you."

The corner of my lips lifted when I heard that. "For sure?"

She nodded. "Yes, for sure."

I grinned in satisfaction. "Okay, deal! But I'm not going to help you for free."

The raven-haired girl groaned in annoyance. "What? What else do you want?" She gritted her teeth. 

"I want my wage. The decorations that I will do are quite difficult." I have seen the concept of what her team has been doing for the past few days. With decoration like that, it took special skills to make it. That was why I would not want to waste my ability on anything that unprofitable. 

After she thought it for a while, Joohyun solemnly nodded. "Okay, I'm going to pay you for your work."

"Really?" My face gets brightened instantly. 

"Yes, but I can't give you that much."

"It doesn't matter. The most important thing is you are going to pay me for my services."

"Okay, it settled then. I'll ask my treasurer for your wage."

"Deal, I will join your team."

"Seriously?" She asked in disbelief. 

"Yes." She still stared at me in silence. It made my eyebrow rose. "What? You don't believe me?"

Joohyun shook her head quickly. "No! Of course, I believe you!" Without further ado, she immediately pulled me to go with her. "Okay then, let's get ready!"

"Where are we going?" I asked, confused. 

"You are going to help me decorate with other team members."

When I heard that, my eyes widened instantly. "Huh? Right now?"

"Yes, right now. You don't have anything to do, right?"

"I'm free right now, but—"

"Marvelous! What are we waiting for? Come on, let's go!"

I exhaled my breath for the umpteenth time that day. If I were known that I had to help her now, I would not accept her request! Damn her! What a troublesome girl!

 

 

"Wow, Hyun. You managed to persuade Seulgi to help us! Damn, I underestimate your power." Jennie, the girl who has cat eyes, smirked at me. She had been watching me like a hawk from the beginning. 

The cat-eyed girl was part of the Publication, Decoration, and Documentation team (PDD) with Joohyun. If Joohyun, as Division Head, was responsible for coordination and documentation business, Jennie as her secretary, was responsible for the event's publication on social media and website. 

Pet Care Day was a program from the Faculty of Veterinary to celebrate World Veterinary Day. There would be free animal health checks and vaccination on that particular day to prevent diseases. Other than that, animal lovers could adopt breeders who would participate in the event. I could imagine the Faculty of Veterinary would become crowded with all their owners' pets. If you were asked if Joohyun and Sooyoung would take Baechu, Irene, or Haetnim with them, the answer would be no. They were too busy bringing their pet to the event, especially since they were the organizer. But, don't worry, their pet was safe with Yerim. Of course, after Joohyun and Sooyoung bibbed her for many foods. 

Typical Yerim. 

"You know I always find the way." She smirked annoyingly. 

"More like dragged me with force," I mumbled slightly. 

"What did you say, Seul?" Joohyun asked suspiciously. 

"I won't repeat it." I clenched my lips tightly. I didn't want to give her much attention right now because I needed to finish all the work ahead. 

"Haha, it looks like there is someone annoyed." Teased Jennie. 

"Seulgi Kang! Tell me, what did you say earlier?" She pressed into that matter persistently. 

I covered my eyes while pretending not to see what was happening. "What did you say? I can't hear you!"

Seeing my reaction, she became furious. Then she grabbed my sleeves and shook me. "Ish, why are you so annoying? What did you say earlier?!"

"I didn't say anything, Hyun!"

"Liar! I know you said something bad about me." She kept persistent in accusing me do something wrong. 

I lazily rolled my eyes. Joohyun and her suspicious self were annoying. Sometimes, it frustrated me to have a best friend like her. "I don't know what you are talking about, Hyun. I'm quite busy right now. Please move aside; I'm still working."

"SEULGI KANG!"

Jennie, who had been watching us since earlier, just shook her head in confusion. "I wish you guys become lovers quickly so that you are not fighting anymore." She mumbled softly. 

"What did you say, Jen?!" Joohyun suddenly asked. 

Jennie grinned innocently. "I did not say anything, Hyun."

"Jennie, you too! Don't play around like that!"

"I didn't say anything for sure! You can ask Seulgi if you don't believe me. Right, Seul?"

Joohyun snorted in annoyance. She folded her arms in front of her chest and stared at us suspiciously. "You both are so annoying!"

"You are the worst." Jennie and I mumbled slowly. 

"Huh? What did you just say?"

"NOTHING!" Jennie and I quickly answered in unison. 

 


"Hyun, you said earlier I just need to help with your decoration. Why do I have to come along until the D-day too?!" I groaned in annoyance. 

"You already become part of my team. Why don't you stay with us until the end?" Joohyun quickly answered as if without burden. 

I pouted at Jennie, who only nodded in sympathy at my situation. The cat-eyes girl knows that Irene is stubborn. So, it was useless to argue with her. 

"But I'm bad at taking photos. What if the result is not living up to your expectation?"

"We're kind of short in people for documenting the event, Seul. Some of my members are sick while others are busy with other jobs. No one can replace them." Irene suddenly became severe. 

A soft sigh escaped from my mouth. As her best friend, I could understand her position as team leader. Plus, their members were few and decreased for various reasons. Well, I couldn't reject her request this time. 

"Fine, I will help you." I nodded in agreement. 

"Are you serious right now?" She asked hopefully 

"Yes, I'm serious," I reassured her. 

Suddenly her hopeful face turned into the scary one. As fast as lightning, she gave her camera bag to me. Her actio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter