https://kangseul.wordpress.com/

The List
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If we talked about Joohyun, there would be a lot to talk about and a long story to write about. Sound cliche? Yeah, it sounded like I whipped for her. Enough for teasing me, guys. Hey, you could imagine being me. I knew her for long enough to say all of that. How could not I whipped for her? The raven with an angelic face always made people heart fluttered. Not just because of her appearance, but with her unique personality too. Did I say she's cute? Yeah, she was pretty and gorgeous. It was no wonder why her presence was always mesmerising.

Unfortunately, she was my best friend. And like other people, I became under her spell. My name is Kang Seulgi. And I was one of her admirers. 

 

 

My frown got deepened when I was reading the first sentence of my story. Holy crap! Why it sounded so cliche, huh? Blame Son Seungwan and her weird advice. I could bet the Canadian was laughing her off if she knew I did what she said. I inhaled my breath profoundly and exhaled slowly when the memory of yesterday came into my mind—background story of why I was doing this . I was indeed an idiot. 

 

 

Flashback

"Do you know what? I don't understand you at all, Seul."

In front of me, the blonde-haired girl raised her eyebrow questioningly. Although her expression was weird, her small posture said otherwise. She relaxed on the sofa. While her hand busied adding sugar into her cup of cappuccino, one of her habits drinks sweet coffee.

"What part you didn't understand?" There was confusion written on my face.

She exhaled her breath loudly and stopped whatever she was doing. The Canadian leaned her face with her hand and looked at me lazily. "You like her, right?"

"Of course!" I almost screamed because of her stupid question. "Wannie, if I didn't like her, why we were having this conversation right now? I already talked much about her since we met in this cafe, do I?"

"And that's the problem!" She shouted abruptly. 

My frown got deepened. I look at Seungwan questioningly. "I don't get it. What do you mean?"

Seungwan rolled her eyes. "Listen, doofus! You always talked about her. Joohyun this, Joohyun that, what she liked, and dislike to me, right?" I nodded my head, not knowing the direction of this conversation. "I already give you some advice, but your thick-skull head never listens to any advice that I gave you!"

"Which advice?"

The Canadian talked to me like she gave me a presidential speech when I asked for her advice. Don't tell me wrong if I didn't listen to any of them. 

"Seriously, Wan. I can’t get my head around it. You gave me a lot of advice. When I said a lot, it meant too much for my small brain!" I defended myself when she was glaring at me. 

She narrowed her eyes while glaring down at me. "Remind me why we are best friends? An idiot like you, all of the people," told her grumpily. 

"Hmm... because I'm cool, charismatic, and your amazing best friend in the world?" I said cutely. What could I say? I'm awesome!

"If you are not my best friend, I already kick your , Kang Seulgi!"

The blonde hair girl's face was fuming furiously at me. Uh, oh, it's not right. Why? When Seungwan liked that, that meant she was mad. And when she was angry, she would hit me sooner or later. Did I say she's scary? For her minion-size posture, she was like a lion in disguise. I must think quickly to escape from her wrath. 

"I think it's not possible, Wan. Why?" she raised her eyebrow like waiting for my explanations, "Because you love me so much!"

"Oh, comes on, don't give me that face!"

"Haha, I'm kidding, Wan," I laughed nervously. 

Seungwan didn't react the way I predicted her to be. She was relaxed and smiling while showing me her entirely white teeth. "Do you know, Seul? I know why our relationship will never be more than just best friends."

"Uh, why?" I asked her innocently. But as soon as I asked that question, I regret it. 

"BECAUSE YOU ARE AN IDIOT, SEULGI! I DON'T WANT AN IDIOT AS MY GIRLFRIEND!" she shouted enough to make me fall from the chair. 

She shouted like the sound of lightning strikes. And it made me want to go deaf. Although she was my best friend, I kept forgetting she was loud as . Pardon my language. 

I saw other visitors in this cafe looking at us in the corner of my eyes, shocked. I guess they kind of surprised to hear the shouting. I bowed slightly to them while apologising because of the unwanted commotion. 

"Can you be more polite? I mean, it's enough for you to used capslock in our chatting. Not in front of my face! It's a miracle the cafe's owner didn't kick us out!" I whispered loudly enough for her after I apologised to my friend who owned this cafe. 

"If he kicks us out, it's your fault! Not me!" she defended her self.

I rolled my eyes quickly. This incident reminded me of Joohyun. If Joohyun in Seungwan positions right now, she would say that too. Because in her eyes, she was right, and I consistently wrong. 

"Okay, what do you want to talk about?" to be honest, this conversation was running around in the circle. I knew it's partly my fault. But hey! What's the fun if you were so severe?

Suddenly she's been quiet for some reason before she continued our conversations. "Listen to me. I want to ask you some question. How long you have liked her?"

I groaned loudly. Can Seungwan didn't beat around the bus and didn't wasting our time like this? 

"I like her since high school. I know you already know the story."

"And that's the problem!" she shouted suddenly. One of the things that I didn't like in Seungwan was she always surprises me with this kind of nonsense. What if I had a history of heart disease? I must be dead by now. 

"Seulgi, you like Joohyun forever. You are the closest person in her life. Why don't you confess your feelings? It's completely beyond me why you don't confess your feelings already. If there are much easier ways, why you choose the hard way?" she frustrated at me.

"That's the problem, Wan! If there is a much harder way, why we choose an easier way? It's not fun at all!"

"Hey, I'm kidding, Wan— Ewwww, hey!" but it's too late. A punch was flying through my face. This girl couldn't hold herself even for a second, for goodness' sake!

"If you want to talk bull with me, might as well we stop this conversation, Kang Seulgi!" threatened Seungwan. 

As fast as lightning can strike, I held both of my hand and begged her not to leave me. "I'm sorry, I just kidding. Please don't leave me."

After I was begging nonstop, finally, she gave in. "By the way, you always told me yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter