Daredevil Bae

The List
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
5. Daredevil Bae

I sighed for the umpteenth time. Annoyed, I hit my steering wheel with the Ford logo on the centre. I was so frustrated that I messed up my brown hair. How come I didn't get annoyed? When I was on my way to college suddenly, my car stopped. I had tried various ways to make my engine start, but it did not work. 

Because of suspicion of what happened, I was getting out of my car and opened the hood. When the hood opened, smoke began to appear from the engine. I coughed severely because of the smoke. After I tried to repair my car, I realised something wrong with my car's engine. Like it or not, I must bring my car to the repair shop. Then I called someone to tow my vehicle. Thank God we stopped in a strategic location. The operator said he would be there in 15 minutes. 

"Seul, what happened?" Joohyun got out of the car and approached me. The glasses girl looked at me worriedly. Her face grew more anxious when she saw the smoke from my car engine. 

I closed the car hood and sighed. "There's something wrong with my car's engine. I called the crane operator for towing my car to the repair shop."

She looked at her watch, and her eyes widened in panic. "There is a few minutes away before the first class starts. What we do now, Seul?"

I rubbed my face in desperation. Why didn't I realise it sooner? Our college was still far away. Meanwhile, our vehicle was broken. "I think you should go by bus, Hyun. I'll be waiting until my car gets towed." I pointed to a bus stop near our location. At least one of us can attend the morning class. I didn't mind skipping class. Not because I fond of that, but the problem right now was quite severe. 

"And what about you? You skipping class?"

I shrugged my shoulder. "What can I do? I can't leave Lulu in here."

There was no way I left Lulu, my lovely Ford Fusion car, carelessly on the road. It would be the last thing I did. Apart from Lulu was my favourite; a few days ago, Lulu almost got stolen from the bulgar. Luckily, the theft was thwarted by the police. And there was no significant damage on Lulu. Since then, I would become more protective of my car. 

"If you don't attend class, then it's the same for me," Joohyun said suddenly. 

I raised my eyebrows in surprise. "Huh? Did you mean it?"

The raven-haired girl crossed her arms and tilted her head. "What can I do? I can't leave you alone. Besides, the morning class is boring."

Hearing that, I chuckled slightly. It was a wonder that Bae Joohyun, a teacher-pet, was skipping classes with me. Usually, she was the one who scolded me for skipping classes—what a strange day. 

"Are you sure? Hyun? I know you want to attend the class."

"And leave you alone for taking care of Lulu? Of course not. I'm not that heartless." 

I was looking back and forth at Joohyun and my car. Honestly, I was not in the mood to argued with Joohyun. That girl was stubborn as . "Okay, if you insist. Then, we need to wait."

The tow truck took longer to arrived than I expected. We had to burn under the sun at the side of the road while waiting for them. Added, Joohyun kept nagging non-stop because she didn't like the heat. The combo of the two made me dizzy. Not only that, it took a little longer for my car to be towed because of the distance.  

"How's my car condition?" I asked the mechanic. My car landed safely in the car shop. 

A big man with glasses and a moustache nodded at me. "Yes, there is something wrong with the engine. There might be an engine failure. Unfortunately, we have to look at it more thoroughly. If we can't repair it, then we have to change some parts."

"When can I take my car?" the other mechanic still examined Lulu. Smoked leaked from the hood, and it made me suddenly worried. I hope there was no severe damage to Lulu. 

"We will call you later when we must change some parts. Approximately 3-4 days, but it can be done sooner, depending on the damage."

"Oh, I didn't expect it will take longer."

"Sorry, but we do our best, miss." The mechanic said apologetically. 

I sighed. This was not great. My car went to the car repair shop, and I didn't have any vehicle for mobilising. "Okay, I'll be waiting. Thank you, sir." After I was done with all the paper, I saw Joohyun was waiting for me in the waiting room. Sensing my arrival, she was quickly approaching me to ask about Lulu. "Sorry, Hyun, but I think we have to take a bus for a few days." One of the things that I didn't like about using public transportation was getting up earlier. The other alternative was hitching a ride with Sooyoung's car. Unfortunately, my schedule and Sooyoung were not always the same. 

"Is it that bad?" she asked worriedly. 

"They said there might be an engine failure. It takes 4-5 days to repair it." I repeated what the mechanic said. 

"Holy Christ, I didn't expect it was that bad. Lulu's condition seems fine yesterday."

"I do think so." I shrugged. "But what can I do? It seems now is time for Lulu to rest, at least for a few days. The thing is, we have a problem right now. We don't have any vehicle to mobilising around. And I'm not fond of the idea of using public transportation."

Joohyun was quiet for a moment before her face brightened. "Don't worry. Seul. We don't need to take a bus. Just leave it to me!" she said enthusiastically. 

I stared at her sceptically. There was no way I knew what has been on her mind. "What do you want to do?"

The raven-haired girl smiled brightly. "I told you, leave it to me. I can guarantee we don't have to wake up earlier in the morning."

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. Whatever Joohyun's plan was, I knew it would turn to be wrong. That was how it worked in the past. Hopefully, my prediction was incorrect. 

 

 

The hustle on Tuesday morning made my head dizzy. I could see the vehicles passing by from my location, but Joohyun's nowhere to be found. Yesterday, she said she would look after something to ride. Almost ten minutes passed, and she didn't give me an update. If she didn't come in a few minutes, we would be late for the morning class. Where the hell was she?

Not long after that, the sound of the horn surprised me. The scooter with a bright yellow colour stopped in front of me. A girl with a retro purple We Bare Bears helmet paired with a leather jacket greeted me enthusiastically. I looked at the rider and raised my eyebrows when I recognised her face. "Joohyun? Is that you?"

Joohyun looked at me quizzically, like I asked her something ridiculous. "Of course, it's me, idiot. Come on, what are you waiting for? Let's go!" she said when I was not moving from my place. 

"We ride with this thing?" I was pointing a scooter in front of me. 

She tilted her head. "Yes, you have a problem with that?" she gave me her stupid pink helmet and urged me to put it on. I looked at the helmet in my hands with horror. There was no way I was wearing that ridiculous helmet. "Do I have to wear this?"

"There's the only helmet left

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter