Simple yet complicated Bae

The List
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
8. Simple yet complicated Bae

The annoying voice that I heard during the day has caught my attention. I didn't care about it at first and stay focused on watching PewDiePie's YouTube channel. Unfortunately, the annoying sound didn't stop and kept bothering me. Finally, when I tore my gaze off the television, I was startled by many clothes being thrown at me. As time passed by, the number of clothes increased. They were hitting my face and filled the bed. 

"Hey, Hyun! What are you doing?" I tried to dodge the throwing clothes. However, some of them were thrown right into my face. 

"What?" From behind the wardrobe, a raven-haired girl popped her head while looking at me. 

"Why you are throwing your clothes at me, idiot?!" 

"Oh, I'm cleaning out my clothes."

I took the shirt that stuck on my head and threw it away. "Can you do it in a more proper way? I am watching YouTube right now."

"You know I couldn't do that. Proper is not in my dictionary."

I quickly rolled my eyes. "Yeah, you are right." Seeing all the clothes that were scattered all over the bed, I frowned. "What are you going to do with these clothes?" Most of them were dresses, blouses, skirts, and other colorful clothes. 

"I want to throw it away."

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?" I picked up some of her clothes and inspected them to search for any possible explanation on why she would throw them away. Unfortunately, none of these reasons made sense in my head. The clothes were still in good condition. Even some of them looked brand new. So, what's the problem?

"I just want to throw it away." She repeated once more. 

"All of these clothes?!"

"Yes, what's the problem?" She asked me in confusion. 

"You must be crazy, Hyun! Look, these clothes are still in good condition!" I lifted one of them and showed that to her. "And you want to throw it away?"

Joohyun shrugged. "I never wear that clothes again."

"Even if it's that case, you can't just throw it away like that!" I got out of the bed and walked towards the closet. After she took out all of the clothes, her closet looked even tidier. She reconstructed her closet and arranged her clothes according to blue, black, white, and gray colors. Joohyun also left only a few dresses and some formal clothes to wear. 

"I want to apply minimalist concept into my outfit. I just want to wear simple and neutral colors now."

"Sounds very extreme."

Joohyun ignored my comment and continued to tidy up her clothes. "I also want to remove some of women's clothes in my closet."

Of course, it surprised me. "What? Why?"

The raven-haired girl folded her arms. "You know I don't like women's clothes. I prefer men's clothes, much simple."

"I know, but you are a woman too."

Joohyun just glanced at me for a while. "You too, but you also prefer to wear men's clothes. Uni to be exact."

"Yes, that's right, but—"

The raven-haired girl was telling the truth. I was not too fond of women's clothes. Almost all of my clothes are uni—a combination of jackets, hoodies, t-shirts, polo, jeans, and some formal clothes. I haven't had a dress. If I wanted to attend a formal event, my outfit would be a blazer and pants. My parents even joked that I might wear a suit and shirt at my wedding's ceremony later. I just jokingly replied that it could happen, and we laughed at the possibility together. Come to think of it; maybe I should consider that idea. Sorry, not sorry, paps!

Joohyun raised an eyebrow. "Why? Can't I dress up the way I want? Do you think I'm not beautiful anymore if I don't wear women's clothes?"

I quickly shook my head off. "Of course not. You can wear whatever clothes that you want, Hyun. And you still look beautiful in whatever you wear."

The girl smirked at me. "Really, Seul? I will look pretty even though I wear an ugly clothes?"

I nodded awkwardly. "Yes, of—course! Wh—y are you as—king?"

The grin on her face has grown wider. It didn't help with the distance of our face right now. "I don't know. You seems to be flirting with me, Seul." She whispered seductively. 

My eyes got widened. "What? No! I'm not flirting with you!"

Joohyun held my right cheek and brought her face even closer. "Really? You don't have feelings for me, Seul?"

"What? What do you mean, Hyun?" I answered awkwardly. Even she didn't know that I like her. Then why she asked me that?

The raven-haired girl was suddenly laughing out loud. She removed her hands over my face and smiled apologetically. When she looked at me, who was still confused, her laughter grew even louder. 

"You should look at your face! It looks ridiculous!"

"What? I don't understand—"

"I'm just kidding, Seul. I just want to tease you, haha." She laughed at my stupid face. 

I stared at her dumbfounded. "Really?"

Joohyun chuckled softly. "I'm just joking around with you. Besides, how could you like me like that? We have been friends for a long time already."

Ah, friends. 

"Oh, yes." I slowly answered. When Joohyun said that, suddenly, my body felt weak. I looked away from her for a moment because I knew she was looking at my expression right now. If only she knew that I had feelings for more than a friend to her. 

Heavy silence grew around us. Neither of us wanted to talk. Until Joohyun suddenly broke the silence between us. "By the way, looks like I need to go shopping." She changed the subject, for which I was thankful. 

"You want what?" I asked, surprised. 

"Shopping for new clothes." She emphasized every word she said. 

"Then what about all of these clothes?" I pointed at her clothes that were scattered on the bed. 

The raven-haired girl raised her eyebrows. "Didn't I tell you before that I was going to throw that away?"

"I thought you are joking earlier. You can't just throw it away! Your clothes condition are still good. There's nothing wrong with that!"

Joohyun quickly rolled her eyes. "Okay, fine. I will not throw it away. Maybe I will donate my clothes."

"It is better."

"But I still need new clothes, Seul!"

I gave her a lazy look. "Yeah, of course."

Joohyun raised an eyebrow. "I'm serious! And I need your help."

"Me? For what?"

"Of course for acommpany me to go shopping."

The image of Joohyun was going shopping made my eyes widened instantly. Based on my experience, going shopping with Joohyun was a bad idea. 

A weird scenario immediately unfolded in my head. I remembered she was very picky when it comes to buying things. The girl has many criteria before deciding to buy something. She would take you around the mall until your feet go numb. It was also not a guarantee that she would buy something in the end. Sometimes she would make you walk around all day long in one mall only to end up buying something at another mall. Just imagining it made me shudder. It was a nightmare!

Write it down. It was a nightmare!

"Seul?" Suddenly the raven-haired girl called my name. Instantly, all of my imagination slowly disappeared. The view changed with Joohyun, who was waving her hand in front of my face. 

"NO!" I shouted unconsciously. 

"What?"

"I don't— I don't want to!"

"What? Why?" The girl asked in confusion. 

"You don't remember what happened that time? When I accompanied you to look for a dress? Or when I accompanied you to look for new shoes?"

Joohyun made me go round all day at the mall to buy a dress that was the same as she imagined. Something like a dress that was formal yet elegant. Not too open, but not too close either. If possible, the color was neutral, and the material was satin or chiffon. That kind of bull. Before finally, she chooses to buy the dress she wanted. Or when she also made me dizzy because it was hard to find her shoe size. We finally found the only shoe that fits he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter