She's literally a kid, period

The List
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There were so many reasons why I loved Joohyun. In this story, I planned to tell you something like 100 reasons why I love you, which I know it's very cliché. So I didn't want to write about that. Unfortunately, I didn't know how to write this. That's why I did some research on the internet for any reference. The thing was, the internet was full of a bunch of crap. I meant it. Look at this list!

100 reasons why I love you :

I love the way you looked at me I love you because you are my world With you, I learned the meaning of love

and soon. 

If I wrote like that, I would be Joohyun's laughingstock for the entire month! Why? Joohyun was not the type of person who liked something cringe like that. She was immune to the sweet words. But that didn't mean she was a coldhearted person. She liked sincerity more than anything. I think I must make my list because I wanted to love her in my way. Finally, I remembered why I became in love with her so many struggles I went through. Automatically, my fingers started to make a jumble of words into a beautiful story. 

 

  1. She is a kid. A grumpy little kid, PERIOD!

The title looked suitable for her. The title was one of the reasons why I loved her. Joohyun looked like a kid. Supported by her small frame, the raven-hair girl had a unique voice, a bit funny for my taste. Her needy and nosy behaviour also made her lovely and adorable. I always with an annoying pet name, little kid, grumpy little kid. Of course, she didn't like it for a bit. But it never stopped me before from teasing her. It became my hobby. Teasing her was a part of my daily life. 

 

"Hyun"

The raven-haired girl immediately stopped munching her lunch and looked up when I called her name. Her big round eyes stared at me questioningly as If waiting for whatever I want to say. 

"Sometimes, I have been wondering," I started the conversation slowly. "When you looked at your reflection in the mirror, have you ever try to imagine something?"

I realised only Joohyun listen to me intensely. At the same time, my other friends busied themself with their phone. Either browsing Instagram, Twitter or doing God knows what. A usual activity when we hanged out in the Faculty of Economic's cafeteria; our basecamp. We spent most of our break time in this place because of the tasty food and comfortable atmosphere. It was the best cafeteria at our University. 

"Like what?" she said while arranging her big round glasses with the hem of her oversized pink sweater. Her big doe eyes stared at me weirdly. 

"Have you ever look in the mirror while saying this—" I demonstrated her action while closing my mouth and pretended to be shocked. I imagined the reflection of a little girl with pale skin and her big round eyes. With plump pink lips and her small teeth staring back at me. "Oh, my God! Why do I look like a junior high school kid?"

Silent. 

Beside me, Seungwan and Sooyoung were laughing out loud. In contrast, Yerim choked on her drink and spat it out to Seungwan's face, making the latter shocked. On the other hand, Joohyun jaw dropped when she heard what did I say. 

"Seul, it's so absurd! Hahaha!" shouted Sooyoung while laughing non-stop. Her laughter became even more hilarious when she realised Seungwan's face wet with Yerim's red drink. 

"KIM YERIM, YOU FOOL!" the blonde-haired girl looked devastated. She received tissue from me and wiped her wet face while shooting a dagger from her eyes to Yerim, who was still laughing at her antics. 

"Don't blame me! Blame Seulgi and her idiotic moves! You know me so well to not joking around when I'm drinking," she said while defending herself. The pink-haired girl continued to drinking her soda and seems unbothered with the surrounding situations. 

"You idiot! My face and hair wet because of your soda! Don't forget it's red!" complained Seungwan while rubbing her wet face and hair. Beside her, Sooyoung didn't waste this opportunity to record her on Instagram. That idiot best friend of mine. 

"You can think of it as your new hair colour?" she shrugged her shoulders. 

"There is no one sane enough who would colour her hair with soda, Kim Yerim! It's completely beyond me how your mind works," Seungwan replied grumpily. Her face looked annoyed. Then the two of them continued their useless argument. 

Joohyun sighed. "Sometimes I wonder why I can be friends with all of you, weirdos" she shook her head when looking at our idiot antics. And it seems we got a lot of attention from other students as well. 

"Hyun, you don't answer my question!" I whined when I notice the raven-haired girl ignored me. 

"Are you out of your mind? Should I answer your stupid question?" asked her, annoyed. 

"Hey, don't take it seriously, Hyun. I'm just messing with you," I grinned. 

"If you want to kick her , I support you, Joohyun!" Yerim howled after she bored with her stupid argument. Or was she bored because of Seungwan nagging non-stop? If I could take a guess, of course, both of them were the answer. 

"Oh, so you don't want to know the background story why I'm teasing her with that pet name?" I smirked annoyingly. 

"What is it about?" asked Seungwan. Not only Seungwan but Sooyoung also stared at me with eyes full of question. It seemed they can't wait any longer. 

Their curious reaction elevated my mood to tell them about my story with Joohyun. "Do you know not only me who assumed she is a junior high school kid? But—"

"If you tell them about it, I don't want to go home with you, Seul!" Joohyun cut me off. 

My smile was getting wider. It looked like Joohyun forgot something about me. I became more ignorant when I was threatened. That's why we always argued with each other. 

"It all starts when—"

 

 

 

Flashback

"Honestly, Hyun, what dress do you want to buy? We were going around this mall forever," I grumbled behind the raven-haired girl who walked step ahead in front of me despite her small legs. 

She slowed down for a bit so that I could catch up with her. Then I asked the same question since she was ignoring the first one. But she just stared at me flatly. "Of course, the one that suits me perfectly."

This time I can't hold the urge to roll my eyes. It all started with Joohyun asked me to accompany her buying the dress for her relative's wedding. At first, there was nothing wrong with that. I didn't mind at all because we usually did things together. But, as soon as she forcefully dragged me around the mall, I immediately regretted my decision. We visited almost every clothing store in this mall and always left empty-handed for the same reason. 

"I haven't found a dress that suits me, Seul."

Cut the bull! How exactly the dress that you had been looking for? It's like she tried to bring the clothing from her imagination into the real world! Which was impossible! Well, unless you were a fashion designer, of course. 

I groaned loudly many times. "I just don't get it, Hyun! You always say the same thing! You said; this is not suitable. I don't want this colour; this dress is out seasons!" I mimicked her, "For goodness' sake! What do you want?"

She paid no attention to me when we walk into another store. Not even a few step yet, the clerk intercepted us. A woman in her 30s greeted us warmly. After Joohyun told her what she's been looking for, the woman guided us to the cloth section. I followed Joohyun, who was in conversation with the clerk. 

"I have been looking for a formal yet elegant dress for attending my relative's wedding. It is not too revealing, but not like grandma clothes. If it is possible, I want a neutral colour and the material made from satin of chiffon—" she told the clerk detail of her imaginary dress. 

I couldn't help myself for not rolling my eyes in this situation. Joohyun said that in almost every clothing store that we've visited. And the result? There was anything that caught her attention! Ugh, that woman! The kind clerk nodded quickly with an elegant smile that plastered her f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter