She is a movie-freak

The List
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
2. She is a movie-freak

Watching movies was one of the most fun things to do. Especially when the film was the most wanted in the cinema's box office. The movie lovers would not miss it. They would spend their time watching their favourite movie with their family, friends, lovers, or watch alone. Wouldn't it be great if we spent our weekend with a warm blanket and munching popcorn while watching our favourite's movie?

There was no exception to Joohyun. As long as I had known her since high school, she was a movie-freak. When I said about her obsessions with movies, I mean she was on another level. The raven-haired girl had a unique habit. She liked to went movie-hunting. Usually, she already had the list of upcoming movies for the next year at the end of the year. After that, she would go watching the movie's trailer and decided whether the film would be included in the must-watch list or not. It sounded normal. Yeah, it sounded like an everyday activity for a college student. Unfortunately, when we talked about Joohyun, trust me, there was nothing normal with her. 

 

 

"I can show you the world. Shining, shimmering, splendid. Tell me, princess, now when did you last let your heart decide?"

"I can open your eyes, take you to wonder by wonder. Over, sideways and under magic carpet ride."

"A whole new world, a new fantastic point of view. No one to tell us no or where to go. Or say we're only dreaming."

"A whole new world."

 

I saw Sooyoung, Yerim and Seungwan singing their heart out on A Whole New World song played on Joohyun's Spotify through the rearview mirror. On the other hand, behind the wheel, I tried to stay focus on driving the car. Even though, deep inside, I was holding myself, not to roll my eyes in annoyance. 

"Speaking of Aladdin, I think it was the best movie in 2019! Don't you agree?" Seungwan asked after she finished her song. Her eyes sparkled like she was talking about the hot news of the week. 

"I agree with you! Holy Christ! I imagine myself as gorgeous as Naomi Scott," said Sooyoung dreamily. 

Yerim snorted irritably. "Forget Naomi Scott. You are more likely the Genie in Aladdin. The blue giant who is like Smurf, Soo!" she joked. 

"What did you say?!" Sooyoung blew up. 

"I said you more likely the Genie in Aladdin!" Yerim stuck out her tongue. 

Hearing their useless fight, I exhaled my breath slowly. This conversation about Aladdin was making me sick. I was side-glancing the princess, who unaware of her surrounding in the passenger seat. Blame Joohyun and her Spotify, who unknowingly shuffled A Whole New World. 

"Could you not talk about Aladdin, sing A Whole New World, and fight at the same time?" I cursed silently when a red sedan overtook my car recklessly. Another reason why my irritations are level up this day. 

"Chill out, Romeo! You were acting like you just knew them yesterday," joked Seungwan while she chews her potato chips. The Canadian was not helping. She merely watched their useless argument and found it fascinating. 

Meanwhile, Joohyun, who was beside me, stared at me confusedly. "She's right. You don't easily get annoyed like this. Is something wrong with you?"

"Yes, you are a bit weird. What's wrong with Aladdin? Don't you like it?" Yerim asked after she ignored Sooyoung and her non-sense blabbering. 

I sighed for the umpteenth time when my car stopped at the red light. Through the corner of my eyes, they stared at me curiously while waiting for my explanations. "I love Aladdin. It's a good movie. It's just I kind of bored when people talk about it endlessly."

Sooyoung stopped her blabbering and looking at me weirdly. "What do you mean? Of course, people would talk about it. It's a popular movie! What did you expect?"

"I aware of that. But didn't you think it's too much lately? Everywhere I go, I heard everyone sang Aladdin A Whole New World. I know it's a good song. But come on, aren't they tired of singing it?"

"Wow, you're very entertaining, Seul," Yerim commented sarcastically. I sighed, for God knows how much. The pink-haired girl always teased me, saying that I'm not fun. 

"Hey, I am serious. If you in my shoes, you will get bored too" In my case, it was precisely traumatised. I'm serious about it!

"Oh, come on! Don't be ridiculous! You get irritated easily because the song is popular, and the people couldn't stop talking about that. What kind of nonsense is that?" Seungwan rolled her eyes. 

I massaged my temples while remembering what happened a few months ago. "You will change your mind after I tell you this, Wan!"

 

Flashback

"Is it a good movie?" I asked when I was looking at the cinema application on my phone. I didn't have an unusual thing to do today. Usually, Joohyun and I did activities together on the weekends. But lately, we had been busy with our school work. So, we had used this Saturday to rest and do nothing. And the next day, we promised each other for spending the day together. And as a movie-freak herself, Joohyun invited me to watch a movie together with her. She was bugging me non-stop to watch Disney's newest film, Aladdin. 

"Seungwan said the movie is good. She knew I had a high standard for movies. There's no way she recommended me a bunch of crap!" she talked enthusiastically on the phone. 

I sighed softly. Of course, I knew that. Seungwan and Joohyun are both a movie-freak. What a weird combination, I thought. "Alright, then what time do you want to watch?"

The girl seemed to think quietly for a moment before she responded to my question. "How about around 3.00 p.m.? The weather is not too hot around that time." 

I'm not surprised if she suggested that because the raven-haired girl was known for the sun's heat hater. "Okay, 03.00 p.m. Okay, I'll order the tickets now."

"Okay, Seul. After all, this is the first week since the movie's premiere. Seungwan said the queue at the cinema is quite long. I don't want to be stuck in there for a long time."

"Okay"

 

I opened the cinema application and started ordering. I purposely choose a cinema that was located quite far from our location. Apart from bored, when we visited the same cinema, I wanted to spend more time with Joohyun. It was like killing two birds with one stone, right? It won't hurt if we visit different cinema this time. After some time-consuming process, especially in choosing the cinema, some princesses are rather picky at selecting seats. Finally, I finished ordering two tickets. But my jaw dropped when I want to check the tickets. "Hyun, are you there?" 

"Yes, are you finished ordering the tickets?"

"Yes, I already finished the payment. But something wrong happened—"

"What happened?" she asked worriedly. 

I swallowed my saliva nervously. My feelings became a jumble of mess when I looked at the clock, 02.00 p.m. "I think I have done something wrong."

She paused for a moment before she spoke again. "What stupid thing did you do this time, Kang Seulgi?" Joohyun asked with a tone that made me even more scared.

"Uh, I think that not as stupid as it looks," I said hesitantly. 

"Tell me!" Joohyun growled on the phone. As if she said, cut this nonsense and tell me what is the problem right away!

"You know we promised to watch on Sunday afternoon, right?" I heard she muttered impatiently. "Somehow I kind of confused—" I nervously swallowed my saliva again. "— and ordered two tickets for this afternoon at 03.00 p.m. And the bad news was the transaction was non-refundable? Haha!" I immediately removed my earphone and moved a distance away from the phone. 

"KANG SEULGI, YOU ARE AN IDIOT!" Joohyun shouted angrily. 

"I'm sorry, I don't know—"

"How could you? Gosh, didn't you see the schedule first before ordering? How can you not tell the difference between Saturday and Sunday, Seulgi? You know what, forget it! I don't want even to know the answer!" she babbled in one breath. 

"I'm sorry, Hyun. But do you still want to watch or not?" I asked carefully. 

"Wait for a moment. I want to see what time it is—" a few seconds later, the girl came back half screaming on the phone. "Jesus Christ! It's 02.00 p.m. already! I haven't even showered yet. Kang Seulgi, I want to kill you right now!"

Still shivering in horror, I braced myself for suggesting a choice. "I mean, if you don't want to watch it now, I can purchase another ticket for us—"

"Are you out of your mind?" I had to keep my phone away in fears of damaged hearing. "The tickets are expensive, Seul. Don't act like a Kim Kadarshian! I know you can repurchase it. But we should waste money for nothing. There are still a lot of people starving out there, and here you are throwing your money carelessly because of your stupidity!"

"Sorry, I was just giving you some advice," I said nervously. "Then what are you going to do, now?"

She let out a big sigh before answers. "I'll get ready quickly. We'll meet at the cinema."

"Don't you want me to pick you up?"

"No. It's taking so much time for you to pick me up and go to the cinema. I can order an Uber."

"Alright, Hyun. See you there, I guess?"

"Don't you just say 'see you there' Kang Seulgi! I'm still mad at you!"

TUUUT... TUUUTTT... TUUUUTTTT

Flashback End

 

Yerim snorted in annoyance. "Wow, I don't know what to say. I mean, I know you are an idiot, but I didn't think your idiotic level was—"

"—completely beyond my understanding," Sooyoung added, and they both immediately did a hi-five. 

"So what did you do after you arrived at the cinema, Hyun?" Seungwan asked, ignoring Sooyoung and Yerim. "Let me guess, beat up Seulgi?"

"Trust me. I was going to do that. Unfortunately, I arrived at the cinema one hour later after the movie has started. Thanks to Uber and Seulgi," She sai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter