007

Undercover - Kim Hongjoong

The deadline for Hongjoong’s project finally came, and luckily for Hongjoong he got it done just in time but that also meant that Hongjoong had to move back into his own apartment, he had already packed everything and Taehwan was going to help him move everything back to his apartment, they were both reluctant but they also knew if they ever wanted to stay together they could at either place.

 

As they were unpacking Hongjoong’s things from Taehwan’s car, Hongjoong’s phone started ringing, he pulled it out of his pocket and smiled almost instantly, Taehwan looked at him curiously as it was the first time he really saw that expression on Hongjoong’s face.

 

“Mom~” Hongjoong sang as he answered the phone, Taehwan’s expression softened almost immediately, he often heard about Hongjoong’s family, and he could tell the boy was quite fond of them, he could also tell that he really missed them.

 

The two talked for quite a while, catching up a little.

 

“Hmm I think I can make it if I leave tomorrow, hmm it’s his birthday, right? I should probably get him a gift” Hongjoong said.

 

After a while they hung up, Taehwan looked at Hongjoong curiously.

 

“It was my mom, they are celebrating someone’s birthday who work under my dad, apparently he can’t go home because of his work so they will take care of him even though his birthday is still a few weeks away but with their work, they can’t really celebrate then” Hongjoong explained.

 

“Hmm I see, so you’re leaving tomorrow?” Hongjoong nodded.

 

“They said I knew the guy, but won’t tell me who it is because they want to surprise me,” Hongjoong said with a small pout.

 

Taehwan smiled and kissed the boy, “Let’s finish this up, you still have to pack for your trip now and you need to get a birthday present” Taehwan told the boy and Hongjoong nodded a little.

 

The two finished unpacking Hongjoong’s things just for him to do some laundry and repack his bags all over again, while they waited for the laundry to dry they went out for a meal and went shopping trying to find something that would make a good gift for the person.

 

In the end, Hongjoong settled for a bracelet, he didn’t really know what to get the person, as he didn’t really know who it was.

 

When they were done they returned to Hongjoong’s apartment, and Taehwan helped him pack everything that was left, they ordered dinner and watched some movie together, and just spent time together in general. 

 

In the end, Taehwan stayed over the night and the next morning he drove Hongjoong to the bus stop, bidding his lover goodbye before going home and getting ready for his own trip he had to go on.

 

Hongjoong sat on the bus, it wasn’t exactly a long trip but he was alone so it really felt longer than it needed to be, when he got to his hometown he let his mom know that he arrived and went to walk around a little first before going home.

 

When he got to his house it was already a bit late so he snuck in to make sure he wouldn’t wake anyone up and went straight to his room, he unpacked his bags and went to wash up before going to sleep.

 

The next morning he woke up quite late, he got out of bed and grabbed his phone, he dialed Taehwan’s number, he had already memorized the olders number, he smiled when the older picked up.

 

“Hyung~ did you sleep well?” Hongjoong asked the older.

 

“Hmm it was okay, I had to get up early for my trip, how about you Joong?” Taehwan said Hongjoong could tell the older was whining a little.

 

“It was okay, I missed you, we shared a bed so much these past few weeks that it’s strange to sleep alone,” Hongjoong said as he started moving around his room, he didn’t really need to get dressed immediately nor did he have to look presentable just yet, it was still morning and as far as he knew his parents guest still didn’t arrive.

 

“Then when we get back to Seoul I will come over to your place~,” Taehwan said in a sweet tone.

 

The two talked a bit and Hongjoong started leaving his room, he heard someone in the kitchen, he walked and talked to Taehwan, and as he entered the kitchen he almost dropped his phone.

 

“HYUNG???” Hongjoong said in surprise.

 

The figure spun around and had the same surprised expression.

 

“Joong-ah??” 

 

“Hyung why are you here? Weren’t you supposed to be on a trip?” Hongjoong asked him.

 

“I am, weren’t you supposed to go to your parents?” 

 

“I am” 

 

The two stared at one another for a few minutes in pure silence, neither really knowing what to say to the other.

 

“Oh, I see you two met~,” Hongjoong’s mother said as she entered the kitchen, she gave Hongjoong a peck on the cheek and held him tight.

 

“But let me give you two a proper introduction,” His mom said “Hongjoong this is Taehwan, he works under your father, he is currently doing some undercover work so he can’t go home, and Taehwan this is Hongjoong, now don’t be surprised but you two were basically best friends when you were kids~”

 

The two stared at one another, it was as if the more time passed the more shocking things got to them.

 

“Let me get the album since it seems like it all seems too shocking for you two,” she said letting Hongjoong go and heading out of the kitchen.

 

“I don’t know what’s happening hyung,” Hongjoong said still trying to process everything, Taehwan nodded knowing exactly how the younger boy felt.

 

Hongjoong’s mother returned with the album and handed it to her son and shoo-ed the two out of the kitchen telling them to go to Hongjoong’s room and to go through it.

 

The two did just that, they walked to Hongjoong’s room in silence and when they got in his room they closed the door and sat on his bed, they opened the album and there it was, photos of him and Taehwan since they were young, there were even photos of Taehwan holding Hongjoong when he was still a baby.

 

Slowly all the memories came back, “So… we knew one another? That’s why hyung felt so familiar to me?” Hongjoong asked.

 

“I felt the same, somehow it felt like I saw you before, it felt familiar being with you, but I didn’t expect this” Taehwan said.

 

They closed the album and sat in silence for a bit, it was a lot to take in.

 

For Hongjoong he was sure that Taehwan was probably a gangster, but he loved him so to him it didn’t matter, but it turned out that Taehwan worked under his father, and Taehwan was his childhood best friend.

 

And for Taehwan, he saw Hongjoong as a university student, someone who he came to treasure and love but having found out Hongjoong was his bosses son and having Hongjoong be his best friend whom he was so fond of… it was all a bit too much, it made him worry, what if Hongjoong got hurt because of him? It wouldn’t be fair to Hongjoong nor would it be fair to his parents.