002

Undercover - Kim Hongjoong

Hongjoong went to school but he was really nervous when he woke up and his cheek was slightly blue. He was scared, what would he tell his friends, what if they asked questions? He really didn’t want to answer them, he tried his best to cover up the bruise and hoped that the weather wouldn’t be too hot.

 

When he got to school he met his friends and he acted as if nothing happened and just went on with his day but he found himself looking at his phone continuously, Taehwan never replied nor did the man read his message, he wondered if it was the wrong move to make… maybe the older just felt obligated to give him his number because he asked.

 

He had a lot of thoughts but he still tried his best to focus on his lessons but it was really hard for him to focus, he was worried that the thugs who attacked him went after Taehwan, what if he got hurt? All because of him. He couldn’t sit in the classroom anymore, he felt sick, so he quickly collected his things and snuck out of the class. He was just happy that none of his friends shared the same class as him.

 

As he was walking down the hallway he heard everyone speaking in hushed tones, he was a little curious so he stood closer to a group of students talking, trying to catch what they were talking about.

 

“Did you hear? There’s a gangster outside the campus gate” one of them said their voice trembling a little.

 

‘Gangster’ he thought to himself.

 

“Yeah he is huge, plus he is really intimidating” the other whined.

 

‘Huge and intimidating’ Hongjoong thought once again and almost as if a light bulb went off he found himself running towards the campus gate.

 

“It can’t be… right it won’t be Taehwan-ssi, I’m sure of it,” he said to himself but still he ran as fast as he could and when he got to the gate he was out of breath looking around trying to see if he saw the man.

 

He spotted a familiar figure in a distance and although he kept rejecting the thought that it was Taehwan he still found himself approaching him, the man was really big he really did resemble Taehwan, he had on a leather jacket and he was standing against a motorbike.

 

When he finally got close enough he was a bit surprised and found himself rushing towards the man.

 

“Taehwan-ssi?” he asked surprised.

 

“Oh Hongjoong-ssi, how are you feeling?” 

 

“I’m okay, what brings you here? Are you a student here as well?” Hongjoong asked curiously.

 

“Hmm I might be too old to be a student, I just wanted to check up on you and also wanted to tell you that my phone’s screen broke so it’s getting repaired,” Taehwan told him.

 

“Oh, that makes sense… I messaged you yesterday but never got a reply so I was worried something happened to you” Hongjoong said relieved.

 

“Hmm, no need to worry okay?” Taehwan said and Hongjoong nodded.

 

“Oh, you said you’re too old to be a student, how old are you?” Hongjoong asked him.

 

“I’m 28” 

 

“Oh I’m younger than you then, I’m 22” 

 

“Then… call me hyung? Only you want to, I just think it might be more comfortable for you” 

 

“Then Taehwan hyung,” Hongjoong said with a smile, which caused Taehwan to smile as well.

 

“You should smile more hyung” 

 

“Hmm maybe I should, oh yeah here,” Taehwan said, getting something out of his bag, it looked like a stacked lunch box.

 

“For me?” Hongjoong asked and Taehwan nodded.

 

“Yep, I didn’t just want to show up empty-handed, so I made these” Taehwan said handing it to him.

 

“You should go eat lunch now, and I will get back to work,” he said and patted Hongjoong’s head, the younger boy nodded and took the lunch box, thanking Taehwan and then saying goodbye, he went back inside the campus and went to where he usually met his friends for lunch.

 

His friends were quite curious when Hongjoong showed up with a huge smile on his face and the lunchbox as well, when they met earlier in the day Hongjoong didn’t have it.

 

“Hyung where did you get the lunchbox?” San asked him.

 

“Hmm, this? It’s from a hyung I know, he was in the area so he brought me this” Hongjoong explained to them, although they were still curious about it they didn’t ask any more knowing that Hongjoong would tell them more when he wants to talk about it.

 

“Hey, wasn’t that kid just talking to that gangster outside?” someone said as they passed their table, Hongjoong just rolled his eyes and continued eating.

 

His friends shared a worried glance, was their friend in trouble? Was he getting picked on?