010

Undercover - Kim Hongjoong

 

“After 4 years of hard work, the police finally apprehended the biggest mafia organization in Seoul" those were the first words Hongjoong saw that morning, he woke up, his mind was a bit of a mess, he missed Taehwan more than ever since he was stressed and just wanted to hold the older.

 

At first, he thought he was dreaming, it couldn’t be, it was just him being hopeful, it wasn’t real, he told himself that multiple times, but the knock on his front door made him forget everything, he hoped that it was him, that when he opened the door that Taehwan would be waiting on the other side but he knew it was wishful thinking.

 

Sure they exchanged letters, it was the only way they were safe to communicate, the letters, he kept every single one of them, but one could lie in letters, he couldn’t really be sure that Taehwan still felt the same way he did, it could be his mind tricking him, he really wanted to believe that the older would love him still, even if they were apart for a year, and without seeing one another could their love still be the same.

 

Hongjoong opened his front door but was only met with disappointment as Seonghwa stood on the other side, he scolded himself in his head, he told himself not to get his hopes up but then he still did.

 

“Wow thank you for the warm welcome, at least try to hide your disappointment,” Seonghwa said as he closed the door behind him.

 

“Sorry, I just….”

 

“With the headlines, I guess you were hoping it would be him right?” Hongjoong felt a little shameful but he nodded.

 

“It’s okay, I know how long you have been waiting for this day so I get it, if I had to go a year without San or Wooyoung I think I might’ve lost it as well,” Seonghwa said, earning a slap from Hongjoong.

 

“Don’t bring your boyfriends into this, I’m still mad at them, I still can’t believe they messed coffee all over my equipment” Hongjoong grumbled.

 

“Okay okay, then, let me tell you why I’m here, I’m here to get you ready” Seonghwa sang.

 

“For what? My only plans today are staying in bed in my pajamas” Hongjoong said as he walked back to his bedroom, Seonghwa laughed and stopped him.

 

“Sorry sir but I was given a special mission, you will be picked up in an hour so please go wash up and change into some nice clothes, and I will pack your suitcase since I know where you are going,” Seonghwa said with a big smile.

 

Hongjoong was confused but decided to do as Seonghwa said, he got some clothes and went to take a shower he fixed his hair and put his earrings on, he washed his face and brushed his teeth.

 

When he got out of the bathroom he saw Seonghwa standing ready with his suitcase.

 

“I will take care of your plants, you just enjoy your trip,” Seonghwa said as he threw his arm around the boy, Hongjoong took out his phone and checked the date, it wasn’t a special day so he really was confused, the two left Hongjoong’s apartment Seonghwa dragged Hongjoong to a car and placed his bag in the car, he told Hongjoong to get in and to thank him later.

 

When Hongjoong got into the car he almost screamed.

 

“Hyung,” he said softly, he touched the olders arm and face, trying to see if he was dreaming.

 

“Hyung” he repeated, still not believing it, the older man smiled, a few bruises stinging at the action, he leaned forward and kissed Hongjoong on the forehead.

 

“I’m real, this isn’t a dream,” Taehwan told him.

 

Hongjoong felt a little overwhelmed by happiness, he didn’t know what to do or what to say. He just wanted to hold the older and look at him.

 

Taehwan smiled and started the car and they were off, for most of the drive they didn’t say anything, the whole thing felt too surreal to be true, it felt like a dream to both of them.

 

When they got to their destination Hongjoong was a little surprised, they were at the cabin, they unpacked everything and went straight in.

 

“Hyung is everything settled now? Is it okay for us to be here?” Hongjoong asked.

 

“It’s okay for us to be here, it’s over, I can safely return to your side now,” Taehwan told him with a big smile, he held his arms open and Hongjoong instantly ran into them, he wrapped his arms around Hongjoong, it felt great it felt like being back home after a long trip away, it was like warm hot chocolate on a cold winter's day… it was perfect.

 

That whole day they spent inside, from hugging to kissing to other things they would rather not mention, it finally felt like everything was okay again like their suffocation ended and that they were able to breathe again, the pain was gone and so was the cold.

 

They were happy again, they were together again and they could finally love one another again.



---------------------------------------

A/N: Ah I can't believe it's over, I had so much fun writing this, I had a lot of help from my best friend, he doesn't even like kpop but still he allowed me to brainstorm in our chats.
Thank you for reading, Stay Safe, Stay Healthy, and Stay happy

^-^