0.3

Finding Love - Park Seonghwa

 

Seonghwa got back to work, and he had a lot to catch up on, it was the main reason he never liked missing work, sure they work in the art department but, he had a lot of things to finish up before they reached their deadline and it all was quite stressful, but the moment he walked into the office he saw a familiar face and it was as if all the stress just melted away instantly.

 

He smiled in the boy’s direction, although Minjoon couldn’t see him as he was focused on his work, Seonghwa understood it though, the boy probably had more work than he did, he missed one day but Minjoon missed a day and the previous day he wasn’t feeling great so he probably couldn’t get much work done.

 

He went to his desk and his computer, getting ready to get to work.

 

Once he started working he shut everything out, he was giving his work all his attention, trying to finish everything with the best quality he could, only when his stomach growled did he realize that it was already lunchtime and that the time flew by.

 

He logged out of his computer and grabbed his wallet and started walking to the door, as he was walking he noticed most of his co-workers left but Minjoon was still there working, the boy looked quite tired and Seonghwa instantly started worrying.

 

He found himself walking towards the boy, when he got closer he tapped the boy on the shoulder while saying a small “Hi”

 

“Oh hyung, hello,” the boy said a little surprised, Seonghwa was screaming on the inside, the boy was looking at him with big eyes, he instantly reminded Seonghwa of Puss in Boots.

 

“Have you had lunch yet?” he asked and the boy shook his head a bit.

 

“Not yet, I wanted to catch up on my work,” he said with a small pout.

 

“Hmm, how does this sound, let’s go have lunch, and once we get back, bring your laptop to the conference room and I will help you out with your work since mine is mostly finished” Seonghwa offered the boy.

 

“Are you sure hyung? It’s my work after all” 

 

“100%, you just got back to work and you’re sick, plus your my friend’s little brother so I feel responsible to take care of you,” Seonghwa told the boy, it broke his heart to use Hongjoong as an excuse, what he wanted to say was “Because I like you, that’s why I want to take care of you”

 

“Okay then hyung,” the boy said, he got up collecting his things and the two left the office.

 

When they got to the company cafeteria, they drew a lot of attention, mainly because Minjoon usually didn’t eat at work and Seonghwa usually didn’t mix with anyone at work, so it was a bit surprising for everyone, especially because they seemed so close to one another.

 

“What do you want to eat?” Seonghwa asked the boy.

 

“I don’t know… I don’t usually eat at work,” the boy confessed.

 

“You don’t? No wonder you got sick” Seonghwa said lightly slapping his shoulder.

 

“You go take a seat~ I will buy food for us” the boy wanted to protest at first but Seonghwa gave him a stern look so, in the end, he went to find them a seat. After a short wait, Seonghwa joined him with two trays.

 

“Here you go~” Seonghwa sing-songed as he placed the tray in front of the boy and took a seat.

 

“Thank you hyung” 

 

The two ate in silence at first before they eventually started speaking to one another.

 

“Hmm did you get an appointment at the doctor?” Seonghwa asked the boy who nodded almost instantly.

 

“That’s great, when are you going?”

 

“I went yesterday later in the afternoon, basically I was just overworked and a little overtired,” the boy said, Seonghwa almost instantly frowned.

 

“You should take care of yourself,” Seonghwa told him with a small pout, the boy hummed in response with a small smile.

 

Once they were done eating the two headed back to the office, they both grabbed their work laptops and went to the conference room.

 

Together they started working on anything they still haven’t done, giving one another some advice where they couldn’t figure out what to do and that continued until they were mostly done with their work, but a knock on the glass door pulled them out of their little world.

 

Seonghwa looked up and saw San waving at him, he waved the boy in with a big smile.

 

“San-ah what’s wrong?” Seonghwa asked almost instantly.

 

“Oh uh well Mr. Park wants to see you… about uh stuff” San said, usually, when Mr. Park sent him to call Seonghwa up to his office. Seonghwa was on his own but this time was a bit different.

 

“I see, I will be there in a bit, oh and Minjoon this is Sani, Sani this is Minjoon” Seonghwa introduced them to one another, “You’re the same age, so Minjoon if something is ever bothering you and you can’t mention it to Hongjoong or Yeosang then you can talk to Sani about it,” Seonghwa told the boy.

 

“Nice to meet you San,” Minjoon said with a tiny smile on his face, San almost cooed at the boy’s expression and the way he talked, he was a bit surprised, he saw how cute the boy was before but now it was completely different, he was even cuter in person.

 

San sent the boy a sweet smile, but before he could reply his phone rang, he quickly answered it.

 

“Hmmm Yeo” San said, it caught both the boy’s attention.

 

“That late? Okay I will bring you all some food” 

 

The two talked for a while longer before San hung up.

 

“Okay so Woo, Gi, and Yeo are staying late for practice, they got invited to an event and one of the members recently got injured so Yeo’s boyfriend - Hongjoong’s filling in for him but now I have to take food to them… and I have no idea what they eat,” San said in a dramatic tone.

 

“Wait Yeo as in Kang Yeosang?” Minjoon asked the boy, and San nodded.

 

“Oh… it’s been a while since Joong hyung danced” Minjoon said, “San if you want I will go with you… I will help you pick since I think I might know them” Minjoon offered.

 

“Really? You’re a lifesaver” San said happily.

 

“Well how about this, you two go and get the food, and I will go talk to Mr. Park and once everything is sorted, I will pick up Yun and Jjong and I will meet you at the studio since I promised Woo to help out with any events they got in,” Seonghwa told the boy who nodded in response.

 

“But hyung we still have work to do now,” Minjoon said.

 

“I will talk to Mr. Jeong don’t worry, he owes me a favor” Seonghwa reassured the boy who nodded slowly, Seonghwa got up and headed to San, who pulled him a bit closer.

 

“Using your power to impress your boy huh?” San asked, which resulted in Seonghwa slapping San on the shoulder before he rushed out of the room.

 

When Seonghwa got to Mr. Park’s office he headed in and took a seat.

 

“Hi Hwa,” the man said.

 

“Hi dad, San said you were looking for me?” Seonghwa asked the man.

 

“I was a little worried when Mr. Jeong informed me that you missed work yesterday, so I wanted to check on you” his father responded.

 

“Oh that,” Seonghwa said laughing nervously, “Actually when I got back to the office the day before I found one of my Co-workers having a fever and I took him back to my apartment to get checked out by Yunho just in case he had a phobia of hospitals… and his fever didn’t want to go down so I spent most of my night looking after him” 

 

“Hmm was it the same boy you had lunch with today?” his father asked, causing Seonghwa to blush a bit.

 

“I see, so it’s him, I must say son you sure have good taste in lovers, so when do I get to formally meet him?” 

 

“Dad~ we aren’t together, we spoke properly for the first time today… plus he is my friend’s brother I don’t think it would be okay, also he is my Co-worker, and one day will probably be my employee it wouldn’t seem very professional when it comes out that I am your son”

 

“Wait what friend? I know all your friends and he doesn’t look familiar” 

 

“Hongjoong, you met him when I was in high school” 

 

“Oh, Joongie? Wow I haven’t seen him in ages” his father noted with a small smile, “but son if you like this boy, and I mean really like him go for it, whether he will be your employee when you take over or because he is your friend’s kid brother it won’t change anything, don’t restrict your feelings on something like work” 

 

Seonghwa was a bit surprised but he couldn’t help but smile at his father’s words and he nodded with a smile.

 

“You can go now, go have fun, San sent me a message about the dance studio, so go and let lose a bit, you have been to occupied by work, you aren’t living as a 22-year-old should, you are turning into a workaholic and that’s not good,” his father said shoo-ing him out of his office.

 

Seonghwa laughed at the man’s actions, that’s one thing Seonghwa was always thankful for, his father’s unconditional love and support, when he first came out he was 14 and his father happily accepted him, his mother was also really supportive, they cared a lot about their son and they would go to the ends of the world just to see him smile.