0.1

Finding Love - Park Seonghwa

Seonghwa let out a small sigh as he got off the elevator, it was already quite late at night and he just got back from dinner with one of their biggest clients, he returned to the office to collect his things before heading home for some much-needed rest.

 

He opened the door to the art department’s offices and saw that the lights were off, he took it that everyone went home as he switched on the lights and walked over to his desk, but as he walked he heard a slight groan coming from one of the desks in the next row.

 

He furrowed his brows a bit and walked towards the sound, there he found Minjoon, the boy was resting his head on his desk, Seonghwa was a bit surprised as the boy was usually the first to leave the office, he always made sure all his work was done, so seeing him still at work and it is close to 11 pm was quite strange.

 

Seonghwa walked over to the boy and as he got closer he saw the boy’s face was quite flushed and he was a bit sweaty. Seonghwa found himself sticking out his hand and touched the boy's face and almost immediately pulled his hand away from how hot the boy was.

 

He panicked a little the boy had quite a fever and he wasn’t sure exactly what to do, he could leave the boy but if something happened to him Seonghwa would blame himself for it, he could also call the ambulance but then if the boy wakes up in a hospital surrounded by a bunch of strangers he wasn’t sure how he would react, then there was the last option… taking the boy to his apartment, his roommate was an apprentice nurse, so he was sure the boy would know what to do.

 

In the end, Seonghwa decided to take the boy with him, he quickly collected his own belongings and then rushed back to the boy and got his things as well, he made sure to grab the boy’s phone, so he could contact someone the boy knew just so they knew that he was safe.

 

He placed their bags down on the boy’s desk and then slowly picked the boy up and got him on his back, he grabbed their bags and then left the office, turning the lights off as carefully as possible so he doesn’t drop the boy.

 

He got to the elevator and when he got to the first he passed by the security wishing them a good night and then headed towards the parking lot.

 

When he got to his car he carefully placed the boy in the passenger seat, placing their bags in the backseat, and grabbed both of their phones, so he could call his friend before they left and the boy’s phone in case anyone called him.

 

He picked up his phone and dialed his roommate’s number, he waited a bit before a voice greeted him.

 

“Yun, can you get me some medication? Something for a fever, and some water and a cloth?” Seonghwa asked the boy.

 

“Hyung are you feeling sick?” Yunho asked the older concerned.

 

“No, not me, I found my co-worker still in the office and he has quite a fever right now, I don’t really know 100% what to do but I also couldn’t just leave him there you know?” Seonghwa said as he started the car.

 

“No it’s fine hyung, I will get everything set up, you just get here with him as quickly as possible, so we can try and break it before it gets worse,” Yunho said to the boy, Seonghwa hummed in agreement and they hung up.

 

Seonghwa took one last glance at the boy and pulled out of the parking lot. It took a while to get to Seonghwa’s apartment but when he got there and pulled into his parking he found Yunho waiting there for him, the moment his car came to a standstill, Yunho already had the passenger side door opened and he picked up the boy, he asked Seonghwa to bring their belongings and the older agreed.

 

Seonghwa grabbed his and the boy’s bags and followed behind Yunho, halfway up the stairs Minjoon’s phone started ringing, Seonghwa pulled the phone out of his pocket and saw the name displayed on the screen was “Sangie”, Seonghwa answered it immediately, without even thinking twice.

 

“Minnie where are you? Joongie hyung is really worried and so am I, are you okay?” the boy yelled into the phone, it took Seonghwa by surprise for a few seconds but then he just shook it off.

 

“Hi, this is Seonghwa, I’m one of Minjoon’s co-workers, I got back from a business dinner and found Minjoon in the office, he was running a fever, I panicked a bit, since I wasn’t sure if he was okay with hospitals or not, so I brought him to my apartment since my roommate is an assistant nurse” Seonghwa explained calmly to the boy.

 

“Oh thank goodness, I was so worried, thank you and sorry for troubling you, you can send me your address and his brother and I will come to pick him up immediately, you must be really tired” Seonghwa could hear the other was feeling bad for what happened.

 

“It’s okay really, my friend just carried him to our apartment and he already got everything ready to take care of him, if you want I can give you updates on him, and then you can come to pick him up in the morning, it is already so late, plus it’s in the middle of winter, you both will get sick if you came out right now,” Seonghwa said a bit concerned.

 

He heard a small sigh on the phone, “Okay, then please keep me updated, we will come to fetch him in the morning”

 

“No problem, oh also I will contact our boss and let them know that he is sick,” Seonghwa said.

 

“Thank you, take good care of Joon for me” was all Yeosang could say, Seonghwa could still hear the worry in the voice of the other; he just hoped that his updates would help keep the boy calm.

 

They hung up and Seonghwa ran upstairs and went into his apartment, he found Yunho busy placing the cloth on Minjoon’s forehead, Seonghwa walked over and looked down at the boy’s phone and saw that he didn’t have a password on it, he unlocked it and found Yeosang’s number and saved it on his own phone, he took a picture of Yunho and Minjoon and sent it to Yeosang.

 

Just to reassure the boy that everything would be okay, once he sent it to the boy he went to make some porridge for  Minjoon, once it was done he left the kitchen and told Yunho that it was in the kitchen and quickly went to take a shower, in the process of getting his own clothes he found some clothes for Minjoon and took a shower.

 

When he was done he took the clothes to Yunho, the boy apologized before changing the boy out of his work clothes into something more comfortable.

 

In the end, Seonghwa and Yunho took turns taking care of Minjoon during the night, Seonghwa let their boss know that they wouldn’t be at work tomorrow, he would be too tired and he didn’t know if Minjoon would be up to going to work.

 

It was around 3 am when Minjoon regained consciousness, he was a little confused at first, he wasn’t sure where he was, he looked around a little and saw someone sleeping on the floor, he took a closer look and almost immediately recognized the person.

 

It was Seonghwa, he was surprised to see him, he took another look around the room and scratched his head, he didn’t feel great, his body felt heavy, out of nowhere he coughed a bit causing Seonghwa to wake up, he looked up and saw the boy was awake, he got up immediately.

 

“How are you feeling? Are you okay?” He asked in a hurry, falling over his words in the process.

 

“I’m feeling okay… where am I?” the boy asked, a bit confused.

 

“Oh uhm I hope you don’t mind but you’re in my apartment, when I went to get my stuff in the office I found you passed out, and you had a fever, so I brought you here because my friend is an assistant nurse so I brought you here so he could help you” Seonghwa explained in a hurry so the boy won’t panic.

 

“I am so sorry, I caused you such a big inconvenience,” the boy said hurriedly apologizing to him.

 

“No it’s okay seriously, I am just happy you are okay,” Seonghwa said with a small smile, the boy pouted a little.

 

“Oh also someone named Sangie called when we first got here, I have been keeping them updated on your condition, he and your brother will pick you up in the morning,” Seonghwa told the boy, Minjoon felt even worse, not only did he worry Seonghwa but he worried his best friend and his brother.

 

“It’s okay, no need to feel bad, oh yeah I made you some porridge, do you think you can eat?” Seonghwa asked the boy.

 

“I am actually a little hungry,” Minjoon said softly to himself.

 

“Great, I will heat some up for you, also my roommate brought some medicine for you, so I will bring everything,” Seonghwa said with a small smile and took the boy’s phone and handed it to him, in case he wanted to contact his friend or brother.

 

He left the room with a relieved look on his face and rushed to the kitchen and heated up the porridge and made some tea, hoping that the boy actually liked tea and placed everything on the tray along with the medicine that Yunho went out to buy earlier.

 

He took the tray back to his room where the boy was resting, he turned the light on and went over to his bed, and placed the tray down.

 

“I made you some tea, I don’t know if you like it or not, but I thought it might be a bit better than coffee at this time” Seonghwa explained.

 

“It’s okay, I really like tea,” Minjoon said with a small smile. He was really thankful that Seonghwa was going through all the effort to help him, even though they never talked before and only really greeted one another if they happened to be in the same elevator.

 

“Thank you,” the boy said to Seonghwa before he started eating.

 

Seonghwa watched him with a small smile.

 

“It’s nothing, I’m just happy you’re okay,” Seonghwa told him.

 

Once Minjoon finished eating Seonghwa took the tray back to the kitchen and told the boy to get some rest, when he got back he turned the light off and got some sleep as well.