Jealousy Is A Virtue [SooSo, Jellyday, ZoaHan]

Weeekly Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AU: Non-au

[Note]: Between ZigZag and After School era

It was something about today, yesterday, and maybe even tomorrow. Alone in the vocal room, Jihyo was plucking her guitar strings, singing a lovely melody, immersed with emotions like her heart was crying out - it was a sad song. Suddenly, she stops, taking deep breaths. The feeling was getting the best of her, causing her to choke on her tears. Sniffling, she took the sleeve of her sweatshirt to wipe her eyes and cheeks, and the other placed the instrument down next to her. 

Gazing at the mirror, Jihyo took note of her appearance. Messy hair tucked under her beanie, her transparent framed glasses sitting comfortably on the bridge of her nose, red cheeks, slight runny nose, and a gray over-sizeed sweater.

She looks like a mess. But it wasn't nearly as messy than what's going on in her head. 

I should get out of here and get some fresh air. She gave herself a reassuring nod before getting onto her feet, packing the stuff she needs and exiting the small room. 

Dragging her feet against the carpet of the hallway, she passes by the door belonging to their practice room. She hears loud chattering and laughter, ones she's quite familiar with. One side of the door was slightly opened, she takes the chance to peer inside. 

"Isn't that crazy?" Her fellow 04-liner laughed at a video on her phone. 

"Wow, how did he do that?" Their maknae was laughing along, scooting close to Jaehee to rewatch whatever funny video was playing. 

They were lounging on top of the white table they had on the far side of the room, goofing around more than practicing, really. 

Jihyo felt the strange bubbling feeling in her stomach at the sight of them sitting in close proximity. Don't get her wrong, she loves her same-aged friend, but she just wished that the youngest could pay more attention to her, especially now that their comeback was close on being done. She thought with more leisure time could mean her and Hyewon can do more things together. But ever since then, her other half preferred to spend it with the other 04-liner instead. She sighed, stepping away from the crack. Jihyo resumed her stride down the hall. 

The sound of the practice room door opening made Jihyo freeze, right when she was at the front door. "Jihyo unnie! I knew I heard you! Do you want to come with me and Jaehee unnie to the convenience store on the way home?" Hyewon asks, smiling when her eyes saw the bunny-like girl. 

The latter doesn't bother to turn and face her. "I'm okay. I rather just go home," she said coldly, exiting the building. 

Hyewon stares after her, disappointed about Jihyo's refusal and a little confused about the other's strange behavior.

"Well, what did Jihyo say? Is she coming with us?" Jaehee echoed to her acrossed the room. 

Shaking her head, Hyewon sits back at her spot next to Jaehee with slumped shoulders and a pout. 

Jaehee sees it. "Don't worry, maybe Jihyo's just not feeling too well. Maybe we can her something while we're there." She pats the maknae on the back, comforting her. 

Hyewon could only huff.

"This week is..." Their leader, Soojin, starts off their introduction like usual.

"Weeekly!" The other members finish the saying. 

"Hello everyone, we're Weeekly!" They did their signature writing of the 'W' with their finger and bowed. 

One by one they all took their seats at the long black-clothed table behind them, following the instructions of the staff. Today was their fansigning, a day they all anticipated for days. In front of them were a huge crowd of probably hundred people, they were holding up fanmade banners and bags filled with gifts. The arrangement started with Jaehee and ended with Soojin. 

The oldest was slightly antsy. Being at the very end, means it takes a longer time for the first person to come by her. Despite how she feels in the moment, this was the one time she was grateful for the arrangement. Lately, she hasn't been in the best condition beause, similiar to Jihyo, she was going through the same crisis, but it involved a certain monolid brunette. She fiddles with the marker in between her fingers, trying to hold the smile for the fans. 

A nudge caught her attention. She turns to the one responsible. 

Jimin leans closer to her. "Unnie, cheer up. Don't overthink it and just enjoy yourself for now," she whispers.

With a tight smile, Soojin nods. "I'll try."

The younger breaks away from her to interact with the incoming fan, laughing, chatting, and signing. 

One deep breath, Soojin puts on a bright smile. She doesn't think about it up until the one-on-one signing session was over. 

Dropping a bit of her facade, she stretches the fingers on her dominant hand, strained from all the signing. At least, she received a decent amount of personal gifts and fan letter (which she would surely read when she gets home). The leader takes her time on getting up from her seat with a mic in hand. 

"Jaehee-ah! Zoa-yah! Pose with me!" Soeun was the first to leave the table, rushing to the front for everyone to have a good view on getting photos. She gestures towards the younger two on her right. 

Soojin sees the interaction, stepping forward in a slow pace, unsure on what to do. So, she starts waving to fans, giving them the best smile she could muster. She didn't want to be caught looking jealous while watching the other three do their small photoshoot on the opposite of the stage. As the group's leader, she had to look strong, brushing away any bad emotions. 

I just don't understand you. Soojin thought when she stole a quick glance at Soeun. 

After their promotions of Zigzag, Soeun had been giving her the cold shoulder. Always gone when Soojin wakes up in the morning and only comes back when Soojin goes off to bed. There were mulitple of times where they run into each other in their dorm, but the younger brush pass her like she was a plague, not even a simple greeting or look of acknowledgment. For the longest time, Soojin wondered on what she did to the main dancer for the latter to treat her like this - she still doesn't have a clue. 

She misses the younger. Their occasional skinship that had a special meaning to them, the eye contact they give each other when they wanted to speak telepathically, the small gestures they would do for one another, inside jokes they used to exchange whenever they had the time to converse. Just what happened to all of that? It wasn't fair she was left in the dark. If there was a problem, Soojin can't always be able to know what the other is thinking, let alone feeling. 

An arm was draped over her shoulders. "Unnie, you're lost in thought again. Be careful." Jimin warned her, quietly. The mainn vocalist played it off by smiling, adding in a giggle to make it seem like they shared a joke between them. 

Instinctively, Soojin plays along to shoot down any possible suspicion. "Sorry, I'll be more careful." She apologizes. 

Jimin shakes her head. "Don't worry about it. Don't let the idiot get to your head." She takes her hand pulling her down the stairs to sit on the edge of the stage. "Now, Soojin unnie! Let's take pictures together for our lovely Daileees!" The cat-like idol announces loudly, pulling the puppy leader closer to her, giving her half the heart formed by the curves of her hand. 

The oldest had no choice, but to oblige. Moving her hand to complete the heart, and smiling widely, she sees the Soeun side-eying them in the corner of her eye, then the main dancer went back to focusing on the other members. 

She stayed in her own bubble, sticking to Jimin's side for the rest of the event.

Jaehee throws her bag on her shared bunk bed, taking a second to gaze down the empty bed below hers. It's been weeks since her Jimin unnie had slept on it - hell, it's been weeks since she stepped one foot inside their shared bedroom. The former child actress huffed in frustration. 

She's awfully spending a lot of time with Soojin unnie lately. She waved the thought away. 

The mentioned leader was someone she deeply respected. Everything about the older was admirable, from her constant kindness to her loving nature to her amazing dancing and vocal skills to her passionate personality to her stunning appearance. If it wasn't for her, Jaehee would never met the rest of the members back when they were trainees. She was first to approach Jaehee to have lunch with them and made sure she felt comfortable around everyone else. If it wasn't for her, she would have never met her Jimin unnie, to say the least. 

Yet, she felt... threatened?

Out of all the members, she can admit she was the one goozing with the most confidence. But when she sees Jimin and Soojin together, she feels her stomach drop. And she saw it all, the shush whispers, the light touches on the arm and shoulder, the way Jimin would put the oldest first, and the playful bickering. Jaehee knows she shouldn't feel such a feeling, knowing Soojin had Soeun, and she had her dear Jimin unnie. Another part of her continuously pushes more and more doubts in her head. 

Because how can she possibly compete with Jamsil's goddess? The same person people would go out of their way to visit and see through the outer windows. 

To her, Soojin is simply perfect in everyone's eyes. 

Jaehee grunts at the negative thoughts again, trying to shoo it away once again. She turns on her heels to leave the bedroom to find a snack in the kitchen. 

Oh, how much she regrets coming out of the comfort of her bedroom. 

In the living room, the two people she sees when she closes her eyes seemed to be watching a movie on the couch. Both sharing a bowl of popcorn with a blanket over their legs. From the looks of it, they were watching a horror film in the middle of the night, judging how they were flinching and curling up in suspense. 

Her eyes narrows into a sharp glare whenever Soojin's hand comes into contact with Jimin's arm or how the leader would rest her head on the other's shoulder. Trying to not mind them, the self-proclaimed company goddess marched her way to the kitchen, snatching a small bag of jellies, before heading back to the direction of her room. 

"Jaehee-ah! Heading off to bed already?" The oldest member finally took notice of her presence.

Jaehee cursed in her head, then answers with, "not yet, Soojin unnie. I just wanted a snack." Her hand was wrapped around the doorknob, ready to rush inside. 

Soojin gives her a small smile, gesturing her to come and join them. "Well, do you care to join us on watching this horror movie?" 

No, just leave me alone. "I'm okay. I just want to lay down after a long day of schedules. Thanks, though!" And with that, she enters the room, shutting the door. 

Jaehee climbs the ladder to her mattress, putting the candy bag aside. She laid flat with h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter