The Rooftop Is Our Special Place [SooSo, JellyDay]

Weeekly Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AU: Arranged Marriage (Requested)

[Description]: Just rich family drama

[Note]: I blame laziness for not letting me update often. There might be minor mistakes since I just got done with it at like 4am, but here you go :D

"When were you planning to tell me?" It was a simple question Soeun found hard to answer. 

"I-" she started, but never ended up finishing the sentence. 

Soeun remembers how the once kind and soft irises became cold and dark filled with tears. The smile, which used to brightened up her day after waking up early in the morning and place her own smile on her face, fade into a frown. Just like it changed once she heard about it after the news broke out. 

"Just don't say anything. I get it." The heiress watches the other bite her bottom lip as if she was holding her tears back. "I get it. You don't trust me enough." There was an empty laugh after. 

She walked passed her, mumbling her last words. "Goodbye, Soeun." 

That was when her knees gave in.

--

Soeun snapped her eyes open. Reaching up, her fingertips felt the dried trails her tears had left on her cheeks before dropping her hand on the spot next to her, hoping something, or someone, would still be there. But her palm brushed against the soft fabric of her sheets. 

Damn... Letting out a sigh, Soeun turned over onto her side towards the empty spot that used to belong to someone she loved with all her heart. 

It was way passed midnight, Soeun guessed. The bed seemed bigger, now that there was only her and no one else. Her hand moved to pat the pillow next to hers - sometimes, she would rest against it to find the comfort she needed, but lately, it wasn't able to ease her sorrow. 

Her tired eyes finding the loving photograph, framed and set on the nightstand on the side that belonged to her. "I miss you." There was a plead in her voice, wishing the other would come into the room and sing her to sleep like she used to. 

Soeun cried herself to sleep, hugging the pillow against her chest and breathing in the familiar scent while muttering non-cohesive words.

--

It was frustrating, especially when people chose to waste precious time by being late to a meet up scheduled at noon. 

The young heiress stored her phone away into her pocket and took a long sip of her coffee, and let out a huff in annoyance. She sat at a table meant for two at a local coffee shop just down the street from the company. Being in charge of the company's business affairs required her to always be on the clock, and now, a potential - no longer potential - business partner chose to be tardy. 

"Ten minutes late." Standing up from her chair, Soeun decided to take her coffee and decided to return back to the company (and calling the partnership off on the way back). 

Pulling her cell phone out again, she tapped away on its glass screen, not paying much attention to her surroundings - only crashing into another body causing her coffee to spill onto her white button up. 

"I'm so sorry!" The person gasped. 

Like her day couldn't possibly get any worse...

"Look, apologizing isn't going to-" Her words got caught in once she looked up. 

In her green apron, the barista with the long, brunette hair looked at her with full concern. Her soft brown eyes, the light pink blush on her pale cheeks, and plump lips reminds Soeun of a small puppy. She was holding a broomstick, assuming she was sweeping before Soeun abruptedly bumped into her. 

She was absolutely stunning. Soeun thought.

"Miss?" The barista took one of her hands off the broom and waved it in front of the young heiress. 

"Uh yeah?" Soeun could feel her face heat up in embarrassment. 

"I was asking if you would like to borrow a sweater of mine to cover the stain." Leaning the broom against the counter, the brunette retrieved a few sheets of napkins from the dispenser. She took the opportunity to dab it against Soeun's coffee-stained shirt, and spoke calmly, "and we could discuss about getting you a new shirt if you're not too busy."

Thoughts about work went out the window as Soeun happily agrees, "not at all." 

"Great! I'll clock out for my break, and we can talk in the locker room, if that's okay with you?" It was only a small smile, but it was enough to cause Soeun's heart to skip a beat. 

"I- uh, yeah sure." 

"Then follow me to the locker room?" She gestures. 

Nodding, Soeun follows her towards the back of the building. 

"By the way, what's your name?" Soeun asked once they reached the room. The question made her sound more eager than she anticipated so she pretends to clear in order to keep her cool. "So, I... uh could come back to give you back your sweater." 

"Oh, it's Lee Soojin." She beamed after taking out the mentioned clothing from the inside of her personal compartment. 

From there, Soeun knew that name would be written on her heart. 

It was a happy memory of their first meeting together, and Soeun never regret it ever happening despite getting a ruined shirt that day. 

--

Each day seems to become insufferable. It was truly never meant to end up this way. The shared laughter, the light touches, the winks they used to give each other when they catch the other staring, the way they would sneak off together just to be lost in their own world when no one was there to disturb them all vanish in thin air. 

Where did it all go? Jaehee questions, laying flat on her bed while she stares into the ceiling above her. 

She was deep in thought until that familiar voice called out to her from behind the door, no longer having its usual endearing tone. 

"Young miss?" The formality made her tear up. "It's almost time for you to go to that meeting. Please, hurry and get ready." 

Jaehee doesn't answer back instead she sighs and reluctantly gets off of her mattress, then drags herself to her closet. Throwing on whatever was in her reach, she ponders on if the one she hopes was still waiting outside the wooden door, like how the other always used to. 

She applied makeup, but nothing too impressive and exits the room - only being let down as another bodyguard greeted her with the one she wishes nowhere in sight. 

"Young miss, your mother and father are waiting in the car for you." She nods, half-listening to the words he was saying afterwards.

As the daugther of a well-known politican, everything was given to her fairly easy. Her life was considered luxurious to others as she was technically free to do just about everything she wanted - aside from crimes, of course. However, to Jaehee, her life was everything, but that. Everything comes with a price, and that price happens to be the dangers she has to face since her father wasn't the most favored politicans in all of Korea. This was the main reason why security was doubled (even tripled), and her mother out of fear hired a personal bodyguard to her everywhere she went. And after a few months, she became attached. 

She slid inside the vehicle next to her mother. Her father sitting in the passenger seat, radiating off an imtidating aura while he checked himself through the mirror, then sending a glare that told her, "don't you dare make me look bad". 

You act like you have a good reputation. Jaehee rolled her eyes, moving her attention to the view out the window. Her mind still wandered back to the same person, who occupied most of her thoughts. 

--

"Jaehee-ah, this is your new bodyguard." 

The blonde noticed a taller brunette with cat-like eyes and sharp jaw-line, sporting a black suit and in-ear, behind the man (who she seen as more of a father figure than her own). 

She scrunched her nose, questioning, "a.... bodyguard?"

"Your mother requested it after the incident that partakened a few days ago." 

"And this is her way of showing she actually cares, or because she just needs me alive and intact to ensure her image as a good mother wouldn't be tarnished?" She spoke every word like she was numb to it, ignoring the slight aching feeling deep in her chest, knowing her parents didn't care much about her.

"I can't say much on behalf of your parents-"

"Because there isn't much to say," Jaehee interrupted the middle-age man. She turns over to the her new personal and politely introduces herself, "I'm Lee Jaehee. I apologize for being hired by my so-called parents." Bowing, she gave a tight smile. 

The other returned the polite gesture. "Kim Jimin. Pleasure to be at your service." It wasn't much of a smile, but more similar to a smirk. 

"Now, that you both had met. I'm afraid I have other businesses to attend to." The advisor gave a nod at Jaehee. "Goodnight, young miss." Then he left, making his way down the hall. 

Jaehee watches until he was out of sight, already feeling a little awkward now that she was left alone with someone unfamilar. Interacting with other people apart from her father's advisor and a couple of maids (maybe her parents here and there), she felt tongue-tied and much more self-aware of her behavior - considering she was still awkward being around others. 

"Don't feel too nervous now. Treat me like you would with everyone else here." 

Yeah, that's the problem. I don't know how. Jaehee thought. "I'll try, but I can't promise you anything."

"Then we'll surely get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter