(2)Catching The Love (ChaeMin)

Iz*one's One Shot Collection Story

The next day is going well for the new couple. They go to date like other couples. Their friends congrats them for finally being together and Yena keep teasing Chaeyeon about finally being brave enough to confess. 

 

They both happy to have each other. Their date always fill with a lot of story. Like how Yena end up embarrassed herself in front of her crush or how Chaewon being annoyed by her the fact that she already taken and Chaewon is single. 

 

But, something is keep bugging Minju. She find it weird, Chaeyeon always rejected to do any skinship with her. Nevertheless, she just shrugged it off. 

 

It's been 3 days since they became official. Minju want to star gazing that night so Chaeyeon as a good girlfriend she fulfilled her girlfriend's request. It was nice moment until Chaeyeon got a phone call. She excuse herself before answering it. 

 

" Yeah?" she walk a bit farther from Minju. 

[ I'm back, where are you and Sakura?] 

 

" Sakura is out with Hyewon, I'm with Minju," 

Minju glance at Chaeyeon as she heard her name being mentioned. 

 

[ Huh? What are you doing this late?] 

Chaeyeon rolled her eyes. 
" We are star gazing," 

 

[ Ohhh, okay, don't be too late, I'm hanging up] and the call end. 


Chaeyeon sigh and sit beside Minju again.
" Who is that?" Minju asked getting curious.
" It's Yena,"

 

Minju nodded. She saw Chaeyeon is putting her hand on the space between them so she try to hold her hand but before she can do it Chaeyeon stand up.

 

" Let's go back, it's getting late," she wait for Minju to stand before going to her car.

 

Now, they arrived at Minju's apartment.
" Thanks for today," Minju said as she unbuckle her seatbelt. 

 

" Don't mention it, you're my girlfriend," Chaeyeon give a smile.

 

Minju can feel her face is heating up so before she embarrass herself she quickly excuse herself to get inside of her apartment.

 

Chaeyeon look at Minju until she can't see her anymore. Then, she drive away.

 

As soon she step inside of the house, she was bombarded by questions from her sister. She know her sister going back early so she already pack up and buy the airplane ticket too. Her flight is on 11pm and now it's almost 10pm.

 

" Why are you so late Chaer?" Chaeyeon asked her younger sister as soon she saw her. 

 

" Chill unnie, I'm just hanging out with Minju," she smiled. 

 

The real Chaeyeon sigh and sit down.
" So, nobody find out right?"

 

Chaeryeong shook her head.
" Nope, and I did some good things to you, I fixed your relationship with Minju," she proudly said it. 

 

Chaeyeon furrow her eyebrows. She doesn't understand what Chaeryeong trying to tell her.
Then, Chaeryeong throwing Chaeyeon's real phone to her and grab her phone from Chaeyeon's hand.

 

" I'm going to the airport," she said and go to Chaeyeon's room to take her luggage. Shortly she come again to the living room with her luggage.

 

" Let me fetch you there," Chaeyeon offered.

 

But, Chaeryeong rejected. 
" No need unnie, just promise me something,"

" What? "

 

" Don't mad at me when you come to your university tomorrow,"

 

Chaeyeon furrow her eyebrows but still manage to nodded her head.

" Sure, I promised,"

 

Chaeryeong smirked, her unnie gonna be freak out tomorrow. She then bid a her goodbye to her unnie and left shortly.

 

Chaeyeon still in the living room, she is still too tired to make any move. She open her phone and scrolling, who know if Chaeryeong have done something to her phone.

 

A message pop up and it was from Minju. Chaeyeon decided to not read it, she will read it later. She get up and head to her room to wash up then get some sleep.

.
.
.

" Yena!" Chaeyeon run to Yena before hugging her.

 

Yena rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, while pushing Chaeyeon. 
" Why are you acting as if we haven't see for a long time?"

 

Chaeyeon release the hug and laugh nervously.
" Hehe, nothing,"

 

Yena smirked as she saw Minju and Chaewon are heading toward them.

 

" Your girlfriend Minju is coming here," she told Chaeyeon about it.

 

" Who? " she turn her back. Chaeyeon eyes open widely and drag Yena with her before Minju can reach them.

 

Minju try calling her name to get Chaeyeon's attention but Chaeyeon is ignoring her. 

 

" What wrong with your girlfriend? " Chaewon asked. 

 

Minju can only furrowed her eyebrows. 
" I don't know unnie, she seem like ignoring me, she doesn't even reply to my messages," 

 

" Did you two fight?" 

 

Minju shake her head. She look at Chaeyeon with a worry eyes. They were happy yesterday but now it's seem like Chaeyeon ignoring her. Minju don't know the reason for the ignorance she got from Chaeyeon. 

 

 

" H-hey, why are you running away from her?" Yena asked, she don't understand why Chaeyeon dragged her and running away from her own girlfriend. 


But Chaeyeon didn't replied and keep dragging Yena to some place where people are not a lot there. 

 

" Why are you calling Minju as my girlfriend?"

Yena smacked Chaeyeon's head.
" Ya! " Chaeyeon glare at the duck while rubbing her head. 

 

" Do you have amnesia or something? It's not even a day and you already forgot your own girlfriend?"

 

Chaeyeon furrowed her eyebrows, she don't understand what Yena was talking about. Why would Minju be her girlfriend. 

 

" Yena, quit the play, it's not even funny," she thought Yena is joking with her.

 

" Aish, Ya! Lee Chaeyeon! You already confessed to her four days ago, and now you are official, we even throw a party for you to finally stopped being a coward,"

 

" What? I confessed to Minju? To Kim Minju? Look, there must be a mistake here,"

 

Yena flicked Chaeyeon's forehead.
" Ya, ya, ya, stop pretending, you even told me the story about how you confessed to her,"

 

Chaeyeon feel devastated. Now, she only have one solution in this situation, she need to call Chaeryeong. She reach her phone and make a call.

 

[ Hello unnie!] Chaeryeong happily greeted her.

Chaeyeon pinched the bridge of her nose to control her anger.
" What have you done?"

 

Chaeryeong laugh out loud.
[Hahaha, do you like what I have done?]

" No Chaer! This is wrong! H-how can you do that to me? "

 

[ Chill unnie, you're just too coward so I decided to help you out a bit, so yeah, I guess you like it]

If only Chaeryeong is in front of her she definitely will choke her with her two own hands. 

 

Chaeryeong yawning.
[ I'm sleepy unnie it's late already, enjoy your date with Minju haha! Don't worry I never touch or kiss her yet and she is waiting for you to kiss her!] Chaeryeong teasing her older sister before hanging up.

" YA LEE CHAERYEONG!!!"

 

Yena got startling hearing Chaeyeon's shouted. She look at Chaeyeon with a worry face. 

 

Chaeyeon face-palming and take a deep breath. 
" What should I do now?" she whispered.

 

" You say something?" Yena asked.

 

Chaeyeon look at her friend. Yena might be mischievous but Chaeyeon know she can rely on her.


" I need to tell you something,"

 

Yena got speechless after hearing Chaeyeon's story.

" So that mean....your sister confessed to Minju when you switch? "

 

Chaeyeon nodded her head weakly. Yena closed her eyes while massaging her temples.

 

" This is ridiculous Chae, just confess to her again," she giving out an idea.

 

" No, I can't do that," rejecting Yena's idea. 

 

" Then do you want to keep avoiding her?"she shake Chaeyeon's body.

 

" I-i scared,"

" For what? She already your girlfriend well technically in the name of Lee Chaeyeon's, you can do it,"

 

" No, this is wrong, I should tell her the truth," Chaeyeon being stubborn again. 

 

" Chae no! You should grab this opportunity to confess to her, your sister already did it for you, why can't you just say you love her, it's simple Chae,"

 

Chaeyeon feel worried. She don't have the courage to confess to her.

 

Yena feel frustrated. She really want to choke Chaeyeon right now.

 

Chaeyeon taking a deep breath before exhaling it. 
" Okay, " Chaeyeon agreed.

" Okay? " Yena seem happy hearing it from Chaeyeon. 

 

Chaeyeon nodded her head slowly. Now, she need to think about how to make confession to Minju 'again'.



Chaeyeon sit on the floor her back is against the wall. She is trying to catching her breath. Today, the dance practice went well smoothly. Her dance team are just so good. She is wandering her eyes around the room to look for Yena but she is nowhere to be seen. 

 

Then, Chaeyeon thought, Yena must be stalking her crush. That older girl never give up on her crush. It's sometime make Chaeyeon to wonder how can people not interest in Yena. Yena is a nice girl. 

 

She shake her thoughts and start gathering her items. She left the practice room and slowly walk away. But, someone call her name and it make her to froze in her spot right now.

 

Chaeyeon do not dare to turn her back.
" Chae babe, wait up!" it's Minju, she quickly walk toward Chaeyeon.

 

" H-hi," the only word come out from Chaeyeon's mouth.

 

Minju grab Chaeyeon's arm. She look at the older girl with a worry face.
" Why are you ignoring me? Did I do something that make you upset?"

 

Chaeyeon do not reply, she was not looking at Minju.
" Babe...say something," she said and with Chaeyeon not giving a response making Minju to worry more. 

 

" I-i....I'm sorry Minju, but let's talk another time, I-i need to do something right now," Chaeyeon said and push Minju's grip on her arm then dashing, leaving Minju there alone.

 

Minju can't thinking right now. How can Chaeyeon ignored her and left her there. She feel sad about that. In fact, she almost shed tears now.

 

She then drag her legs exiting the building.


Now, Chaeyeon is in her car. Many things was running in her mind.

 

" I messed up big time," she felt angry with herself for unable to talk with Minju. She sigh, she think there is no use for her to being like. Minju might even hate her right now. So, she decide to drive back to her house.


Later, Yena brag into Chaeyeon and Sakura's share house. She got a call from Chaeyeon and Chaeyeon told her about what happened. Yena scolded Chaeyeon for the acted she took.

 

Sakura also scolded her badly. Chaeyeon's ears almost bleed hearing the two older girls blabbering. 

 

After getting a long speech from Yena and Sakura, Chaeyeon decided to solve the problem between her and Minju. 


Minju is back at her apartment. Her eyes is fix on the laptop, hands busy typing on the keyboard. Then, her phone that she put beside the laptop is beeping. She look on the phone's screen to see who is sending her messages.

 

Her eyes wide open when she saw it from her girlfriend, she take it and open the message quickly.

 

( Minju, I'm sorry for early, I need to go somewhere that why I left, but, are you free this weekend?)

 

Minju scoffed.
" So she was busy with something? But that don't give her right to ignore me," she feel disappointed with Chaeyeon's behaviour.

 

She type for the reply.
[ No, I'm busy]
( Really? Can you spare time with me? I promise it won't take a long time...)
[ I'm busy sorry]

 

Minju put down her own phone and continuing her work. But then, her phone is ringing. She take a peek at the caller and it was a call from Chaeyeon. She rolled her eyes before picking up the call.

 

" What?"
[ M-minju, I'm very sorry for what I have done, I don't mean to ignored you.]

 

Minju is not talking. Chaeyeon knew, Minju is mad at her.

 

[ I'm sorry...I really didn't mean it..please forgive me, I'll do anything you ask if you forgive me]

Chaeyeon can heard that Minju is sighing.
" Fine,"

 

Chaeyeon smile widely.
[ So this weekend? Do you want to go on date with me?] She asked about it again.

 

" Okay, 10am, don't be late" she warned.

 

[ Thank you!]

Minju chuckled hearing Chaeyeon's excited voice. She look like when someone finally can ask her crush on a date.

 

" Why would you thanks me? I'm your girlfriend, remember?" Minju can heard Chaeyeon is laughing nervously.

 

[ Yeah, you're right, emm, so....I want to hang up, so yeah,]

Minju giggled. " Okay, you can hang up babe, I love you,"

 

[ I love you too] she replied and hang up. 
Minju can feel she is blushing and the way Chaeyeon replied I love you to her feel so different.

 

The weekend is coming. It's only 9.40 in the morning but Chaeyeon already in front of Minju's apartment.

 

Chaewon is walking out from the apartment, she was dressed up. Chaeyeon greet her.

 

" Hi Chae, waiting for Minju?" she greet too.

 

Chaeyeon nodded slowly.

 

" You don't need to wait for her, she already ready to go on date with you," Chaewon giggled and left her.

 

Chaeyeon just rubbed her nape. Soon Minju walk out from the apartment too. Chaeyeon can feel her heart is beating so fast. She is nervous and excited at the same time. Minju's visual never fail to make Chaeyeon amazed, she sometimes thought Minju is a real angel.

 

Minju greet her with a smile on face. 

 

" Hi,"
Chaeyeon smiled and greet back.

" You look pretty," she commented.

 

" Thanks," Minju said it shyly.

 

Chaeyeon open the car door for Minju and after Minju got inside she rush to her seat.

 

She grinning when she realised Minju was not forgetting to wear the seat belt.

 

" We should go," she said and start to drive the car.

 

They going to the cinema to watch a movie with 2 hours long. Nothing special happened there. They watched the movie silently. After the movie finished. They head out to eat lunch and again nothing special happened too.

 

Minju started to feel the date is like the date she always go with Chaeyeon when they are still a friend. But now, it's different, they are girlfriends so why Chaeyeon keep acting like they're just a friend.

 

It's remind her of their date before after being official. Chaeyeon always being romantic with her. But not for today. Minju feel like Chaeyeon is a different person now.

 

Now, they are heading to somewhere.
" Where we're heading to?" she asked.

 

Chaeyeon just give a small smile before answering.
" The place when I first saw you,"

 

Minju blushed hearing it from Chaeyeon.
" W-where is that?"

 

" Namsan Tower,"

 

It's true, the first time Chaeyeon saw Minju was at the Namsan Tower. She was with Sakura to put the padlock for their friendship to last forever. Then, she saw a beautiful girl with her friend standing next to them to do the same.

 

They were wearing a school uniform and Chaeyeon know the school they attended. That was the first time and last time for Chaeyeon to see her. Or that what she thought.

 

A year later, Chaeyeon saw her again at their university. Minju is studying there too. It's look like luck is on her when Chaewon which is Minju's best friend was in the same course as her. She never thought being a project partner with Chaewon will bring her closer to Minju.

 


Present~

Minju was writing something on the padlock. Chaeyeon told her to write on it. Minju smiled as she finished writing she then show it to Chaeyeon. Chaeyeon give her a thumb up and they put the padlock with the other padlocks there.

 

Chaeyeon slowly intertwined her hand with Minju. Minju form a smile on her face when she feel Chaeyeon's hand.

 

" Minju ya, I really like you, I like you more than a friend, will you be my girlfriend?" she asked. She know she sound stupid right now but who care, as long as she have confessed her feeling.

 

Minju chuckled and hit Chaeyeon's shoulder lightly.
" Babe, stop it, why would you confessed again,"

 

Chaeyeon grinning. " I know right? ". They laughed together then they left the tower and head somewhere again.

 

Chaeyeon parked her car.


" Let's watch the sunset together," she said. Chaeyeon decided to bring Minju to the beach.

 

They only need to wait less than 20 minutes for the sun to start set.

 

They walk along the beach, without their shoes on and hands intertwined. They stop walking to watch the sunset. Chaeyeon look at Minju's smiling face. She was so glad that her confession went well. Minju turn her head too. Two pair of eyes meet.

 

Chaeyeon release her hand and cupped Minju's face with her both hands.

 

" I love you," she said.
" I love you too," and with that Chaeyeon close the gap between them.

Minju smile in the kiss, Chaeyeon finally kissed her. Minju's hand made it way to Chaeyeon's nape. Chaeyeon use her another hand to pull Minju by the waist, not wanting any space between them.

 

Chaeyeon can't stop herself from keep kissing Minju's lips but they need air too. So they pull away and put they forehead together. 

 

But, not only a minute pass, Chaeyeon kiss Minju again passionately. Minju accept it gladly. She kiss Minju while caressing her back and causing Minju to feel something. Chaeyeon realised what she was doing so she quickly pull away. 

 

Then, Chaeyeon pull Minju into a hug, Minju hug her back.

 

" Thank you, thank you for being my girlfriend," Chaeyeon whispered.

 

Minju nodded her head. She don't need to say anything, she just want to feel Chaeyeon's embraced.

 

" Don't you think it's easy for us to get a child if we married?" Minju suddenly asked the question.

 

Chaeyeon gasped and pull away from the hug, her hands is holding Minju's shoulders.
" You know?"

 

Minju just giggled with Chaeyeon's reaction.
" It's so obvious babe, it's keep poking whenever we hug,"

 

And it's make Chaeyeon to gasped again.

 

 

 

AN:

Helloo! So here is the latest oneshot! Hope you guys enjoy it! I'm sorry if there are a lot of grammatical error. 

​​You can drop a comment for the pair you want!

​​​​​Thank you! Enjoy your day/night

-I'mOut-