Catching The Love (ChaeMin)

Iz*one's One Shot Collection Story

Chaeyeon is always kind to other. She is too kind at the point that Minju hate it.

Chaeyeon is selfless. She always put other people's happiness first before her and it always end up hurt her feeling.





Minju sigh for the 10th time. She keep looking at her phone and put it down.

Chaewon snickers. She put down the book she is currently reading.
" Can you stop that? It's starting to getting on my nerves,"


" B-but unnie, she haven't reply to my message yet," 
Minju walk back and forth. 


Chaewon rolled her eyes, " She probably still at the practice room, you know the dance competition are coming soon,"


" Hmm, maybe you're right," Minju can't help but getting worried about the older girl. 


" And why are you acting as if Chaeyeon is your girlfriend?" Chaewon teasing the younger girl. 

It's make Minju's face flushed. 
" W-what? No I'm just a caring friend, " she quickly denied. 


Chaewon look at her with a suspiciously. 
" But you're not acting like that toward me or our other friend,"

" I-it's just...." Minju can't find the right words.


" Geez, just confess already will ya? I might take her if you don't do it quickly," Chaewon really like to teased Minju. 


" Yah! Don't you dare Kim Chaewon! " she warned the older girl. 

 

*

 


The dance team stop practicing, almost all of them knocked on the floor. Chaeyeon is one of them. She grab the bottle and drink it. 
After she take a rest for about 10 minutes, Chaeyeon pack her things. 


Yena approach her to invite Chaeyeon eat with her later. Chaeyeon agreed, they both about to leave but Yujin stop them. 


" Unnie, wait!" 

The two older girls look at her at the same time. 

" Why?" Chaeyeon asked, Yena only stand there listening to the two tall girls's conversation. 


" I have a favor to ask you," Yujin said, her eyes is full of determination. 


" Sure, I'll help if I can," Chaeyeon being herself again, agreeing to help even before hearing the request. 


" Minju unnie is your friend right?" she asked. 
Her hand is scratching her head. 

Chaeyeon nodded her head. " Yeah, why?" 
She can sense where the conversation will go. 

" You're close with her right?" 


Chaeyeon nodded again, she knew it they must be after Minju. 

 

" C-can you help me to get closer to her? I like Minju unnie,"
She confessed and smile shyly, showing her dimples. 

Yena exchanges look with Chaeyeon. Yena want to open but Chaeyeon quickly shut her. 


" Sure," she replied. 

And Yena don't like the idea. 

 

" Really? Thank you unnie!" Yujin excitedly said it and then she excuses herself. 


" Ya! You must be crazy, " Yena scolded her. 
Yena really want to knock some sense in Chaeyeon's mind. 


Chaeyeon just shrugged her shoulders. 
" What?" 


" You like Minju too," Yena reminding her friend that she also have feeling for Minju. 


" I'm not good enough for her, Yujin is just a perfect match for Minju," 


" Nonsense, you're more than good enough for Minju Chae, you're better than that kid earlier," 
Yena still trying to arguing. 

 

Chaeyeon shake her head. She then drag the duck out of the practice room. 



 

Chaeyeon is talking with someone over the phone. 

 

" Minju, are you free this weekend?"

[ I'm free unnie, why?] Minju getting excited. 

 

" Do you want to go out with us?" Chaeyeon invited her to go out. 

[ Us?] she question. Minju is a bit disappointed. 

 

" Yeah, there will be three of us, so...?"

[ Is it one of your friend?] 

 

" Well not really, she is from my dance team,"
Chaeyeon is not lying. Yujin is not her friend, she was her dance team member. 


[ Do I know her?] 

Chaeyeon chuckled. Minju really like to asked. 
" Gosh, you really have a lot of questions, well no, but you might have cross path with her," 


[ What can I get if I agree?] Minju trying to reject it. 

" Hm, let me think... ohh maybe a friend? Or even a future girlfriend?" the last word she mentioned do hurt her. 


[ Unnie!] she whined. She don't like Chaeyeon to mention the word girlfriend. 

Chaeyeon let out a small laugh. 
" Hahaha, I'm being serious here Minju, so do you agree or not? "


There is a minute of pause. Then Minju answered her. 


[ I'll agree if you're there too] she said. 


" Okay," 

 

They agreed to go out at the weekend. Chaeyeon text about it to Yujin and Yujin gladly agree. Yujin also suggested a good cafe for them to go.

 

Chaeyeon sit on her bed, her fingers running on her hair. Then, another call come, she glance at the id caller and sigh before pick it up. 

 

The conversation on the phone making her to form a frown on her face. 

 

" Alright, I'll come," she then hang up the call and throw herself on the bed. 


It's the weekend.

Minju is preparing for her date (that what she call if Chaeyeon asked her out).

" Minju shi, I think you have changed your clothes for over 5th time," Chaewon commented while yawning. She is lying down on her stomach on Minju's bed. 

 

She should be on the bed now but Minju drag her out of her room to help her choosing the perfect clothes.


" But unnie, I don't think this will appealing in Chaeyeon unnie's eyes"

Chaewon rolled her eyes.

 

" Unnie look, is it okay?" she asked as she dress up in another clothes. Minju is wearing a black long sleeves crop top and a jeans.

 

" Seriously?A Crop top? Why are you not wearing those dress?" Chaewon questioning her friend's style.

 

" I'm thinking that Chaeyeon unnie will like everything I wore," she smile shyly after saying that.

 

Chaewon form a small smile. She knew her friend is fell head over heel to Chaeyeon but Chaeyeon was just so dense to not realising it.

" Alright if you say so,"

 

Minju's phone vibrate. She quickly reach for it and open the new message she got. She smile after reading it.

 

" I need to go now unnie, Chaeyeon unnie already down there," Minju gran her handbag and leave the room in a rush.

 

Chaewon only shake her head before returning to her own room, she slumped her body on the bed to get some more sleep.

 

Minju look at the older girl. She always amazed about how can Chaeyeon become so attractive even only putting a simple clothes.

 

She only wear a black jean, a jacket with a white t-shirt underneath, she pair the clothes with white sneaker.

 

Chaeyeon smile as she saw Minju. Minju never fail to make Chaeyeon become falling deeper into her. She open the car door for the younger girl.

 

" Thanks," Minju mumbled the word but loud enough for Chaeyeon to heard.

 

She close the door and quickly get into the driver seat.

 

" Minju,"

 

Minju look at her. " Hm?"

 

But Chaeyeon didn't answer her, she reach for Minju seat belt and wear it to Minju. Minju hold her breath when Chaeyeon do that. Her face slowly turn red. She can smell the perfume Chaeyeon used and she love it. 

 

Chaeyeon return to her position and fasten her seat belt too.

 

" Wear seat belt Minju, that the most important thing before we start our ride,"

 

Minju nodded as she agreed with her. Her face is still red.

 

Chaeyeon start the car and drive to the destination. After about 10 minutes they arrived. They both getting out from the car and head inside of the cafe.

 

Chaeyeon is looking for someone then she spotted the person. She drag Minju with her.

 

" Unnie," Yujin greeted them. Chaeyeon take a sit and Minju follow her.

 

" Em, Minju this is Yujin and Yujin this is Kim Minju," Chaeyeon said. 

 

" H-hi," Yujin shyly greet her crush. 

 

Minju only smile in return. 

" Let's order the food first, my treat," Yujin said.

Minju look at the new girl. She never saw this girl but she can feel that this new girl was trying to get her attention.

 

" Ah, you don't need to order for me, I kinda busy so I need to go now," Chaeyeon try to stand but Minju pull her arm.

 

She whispered.
" Where are you going and are you leaving me with her?"

 

" Yeah, talk to her," she slowly push Minju's grip on her and processing to leave them or the cafe.

 

Yujin smiled awkwardly.
" I guess it must be only us,"

 

Minju look at the new girl.
" You interested in me? "

" Yeah, I like you Minju unnie,"

 

" Then, stop being interested with me, I already have someone in my heart," she is being honest with the new girl.

 

Yujin taken aback hearing that from Minju but she have guessed it already that Minju will reject her.

 

She knew, Minju is famous for rejecting other people confession. It do hurt her a little bit.

Yujin give a small smile.
" S-sorry for not knowing about it,"

 

Minju sigh. " It's okay, now that you know it so yeah,"

Yujin nodded, she truly understand what Minju mean.

 

" Well, thanks for this but I need to do something too," Minju quickly dash out before Yujin can reply to her.

Yujin just look at Minju's back until she disappeared. 

 

***
Minju is looking for Chaeyeon's car as she exited the cafe but she can't find it. She sigh and drag her feet to go back at her share apartment with Chaewon. 

 

Chaewon got surprised as she saw Minju. It's not even an hour she have left but there she are at the house again. 

 

" How is your date with Chaeyeon?" she asked not knowing that Minju is in a bad mood right now. 

 

Minju didn't answer the question, instead she head to the kitchen to cook same ramen. 

 

Chaewon peek her head at the kitchen, she feel weird at Minju's behaviour but she only shrugged her face and continue watching the drama in the tv. 




Meanwhile..... 

" Have you done packing?" Sakura asked Chaeyeon, she was standing by Chaeyeon room's door. 

Chaeyeon zipped her luggage then sit on her bed. 

" Yeah, I'm done," 

 

Sakura sit beside her. 
" How long are you gonna gone for this time?" 

" A week, or maybe two week, but if we deal the project successfully, maybe I'll be back later less than a week," 

 

Sakura pouted. " I'm going to be bored later, "

" Heh, Chaeryeong is going to be here later, so you won't be lonely," she ruffled the older girl's hair. 

 

" I wish I can have sister that have the same face exactly like me, so that she can change me if I'm tired to go to the class," Sakura complaining. 

 

Chaeyeon can only shake her head. She need to follow her father to US. Chaeyeon will help her father there to deal some work and pretending to be Chaeryeong since Chaeryeong is currently studying there. 

 

Chaeryeong will be pretending to be her while she gone. 

 

" Aren't the dance competition is coming soon?" Sakura asked, she knew Chaeyeon going to compete in less than two weeks. 

 

" Yes, well Chaeryeong have learnt it already, so I don't need to worry, I'll keep practicing even though I'm there," 

 

Sakura nodded and linked her arms with Chaeyeon. 
" It's your last day here, so let's go out and eat," she drag Chaeyeon with her. 




Later~

 

" Chaeyeon!!!! " Yena run to her friend and hug her as if they haven't meet for a year. 

Chaeyeon rolled her eyes. 
" Geez.. Stop it will ya?" 

 

" Ya! You shouldn't resist my love to you," Yena pouted. 

 

Chaeyeon just smiled. She still can't believe that Yena actually older than her. 

 

" So how is the date you planned between Minju and Yujin?" Yena asked, she is getting curious what happened between the two girls. 

 

" Well, I don't know, I haven't talk to Minju after the date," 

 

Yena gasped. 
" She must be really mad at you, "

 

Chaeyeon scratching her head. 
" Do you think so?" 

 

Yena nodded her head. 
" Of course she is, you also knew that she hate it when you pair her with someone else,"

 

" I never knew that, " she lost word to use. 

 

" It's because you're so dense, do you even know that Minju like you? Just confess already, why are you keep pushing her away? "

 

" A girl like her and unnie keep pushing her away, what a waste unnie," she thought. 

 

" Do you think it a perfect time to confess to her? " she asked. 

Yena gasped again. Seemingly her friend's mind already back to it sense. 

 

" Wow, I never thought you will said that, you always give a reason to not confess to her,"

 

" Well, people tend to change and I change for a good,"

 

Yena nodded agreeing with Chaeyeon. 
" You're right but we're late to our class now so let's go," 

 

Yena drag Chaeyeon with her to the class. While Chaeyeon is thinking about how to make confession to Minju. 

 


New message pop up in Minju's phone. She slide it to open the new message. 

 

[ Are you free, tonight?] 

Minju smile widely reading the new message. 
( Yeah I'm free, why? Are you going to set me to a date again? ) 

 

[ :(, no, I'm asking you out, I have something to tell you] 

 

" Something?" she whispered. 

( Sure, 7pm, pick me up,) 

 

[ Yay! Sure Minju the angel] 

Minju blush as she read the last two words. 



Chaeyeon pick her up and the ride to the restaurant is silent. They a little bit awkward since the day at cafe was they last meet up. 

 

Chaeyeon clear . 
" So how is your day?" 

 

" Everything is nice, except that one of the lectures give us a hard task," 
Minju start complaining about the lecturer. 

 

Chaeyeon chuckled. She stop the car and they both exited the car. 

At the restaurant, they eat while chatting happily. It's almost 8pm when they finish and leave the restaurant. They're not awkward anymore. 

 

The car are reaching the beach, Chaeyeon parked the car facing to the beach. 

 

They both are not talking, busy with their own thoughts. Chaeyeon decided to break the silent. 

" I miss you," she said it, her eyes is looking at the beach. 

 

Minju look at her, she obviously happy hearing it but she don't know if it mean she miss her as a friend or something else. 

 

" Listen to me first," said Chaeyeon, she don't want Minju to talk yet. 

 

" Minju, I like you, I really like you, more than a friend," Chaeyeon gulp as she wait for Minju to responding to her confession. 

 

But, Minju can't utter any word. She is just too happy that Chaeyeon like her too. 

 

" U-unnie," 

" It's okay, I understand if you don't feel the same," she accepted it if Minju don't feel the same as her.

 

Minju grab Chaeyeon's arm. 
" I-i like you too, no, I love you, more than a friend," she stated her feeling. 

 

Chaeyeon finally looking at her. She give a warm smile. 
" Do you want to be my girlfriend then? " she asked. 

Minju nodded her head eagerly. She love the idea. 
" Yes, I want to be your girlfriend,"

 

" Then, we're official now,"

They both looking at each other lovingly. They inch closer, Minju slowly close her eyes. 

 

" What are you doing? " Chaeyeon asked, she obviously know what Minju is doing but she want to . 

 

Minju quickly open her eyes again and look away. 
" N-nothing," she felt embarrassed. 

 

Chaeyeon chuckled.
" Geez..I'll kiss you if I'm ready, so be patient okay," she pats Minju's head. 

 

Minju just smiled, she willing to wait for it.