The Final Battle Part 2

Blood and Love

 

 

After a good discussion in the dining hall about their next steps Alec had made it clear that no demigod was to retaliate with violence until Prometheus had done so first. He advised everyone to be on their toes, having their weapons ready, but to not be demeaning.

First, Alec said they would try and talk it out with Prometheus, perhaps offering him something besides the sacred nectar, then if Prometheus was non compliant they would have to fight. Either way, it was obvious they were all going to have to fight in the end. It wasn’t like Prometheus had brought an entire army of monsters for no reason.

The campers all nodded in agreement as they all stood up to walk back to the camps entrance where they saw Prometheus tapping his foot impatiently waiting for them to make a decision.

 

“Well? What’s it going to be demigods? Prometheus asked.

 

Alec opened his mouth to propose their alternative option, but before he could utter a single word a small gust of wind flew past him.

Like a flash of lightning. It was so quick, so simultaneous. 

 

Chanyeol flew right into Prometheus taking his sword and holding it above his head in an attempt to attack the titan.

 

Alec cursed under his breath, he knew he shouldn’t have left Chanyeol unsupervised.

Adrian tried to stop the demigod, but he was too slow.

 

Prometheus easily dodged the Chanyeol’s attack. On the side Baekhyun looked at Alec and then back at Chanyeol as if to confirm to himself that wasn’t part of the plan. 

Their camp conseiller was in no position to stop the demigod at this point. If Alec were to intervene no one knows what Chanyeol would do. The demigod was fired with hatred, with the fact that his lover was tied up, defenseless beside the titan. This was Alec’s worst nightmare. A big three child that had a bad temper didn’t fare well. 

 

“You stupid son of Zues never give up do you?!” Prometheus took out his very own obsidian black sword slashing violently.

 

When the demigod grew tired from having to dodge the weapon so many times, he noticed Prometheus smirk as he ordered Ezo to grab Chanyeol and tie him up as well.

All of sudden Chanyeol was standing tied up to a wooden pole. 

His vision was tunneled but he could make out that Baekhyun was in front of him, tied on a similar poll.

Then, from the right side he heard a loud shriek come from a girl within the ground. A gorgon, the one they had accidentally fought at the hotel in Germany came from within the crowd of campers holding Mina, who looked distraught and confused.

Chanyeol hated saying he’d predicted this.

Now it was the three of them, Chanyeol, on one side, with all the campers and Alec behind him and Baekhyun and Mina tied up on the other side with his army of monsters.

 

“What is he planning?” Kyungsoo came to whisper in Alec’s ear.

 

Their camp counselor didn’t say anything. Only watched and listened carefully to what Prometheus was going to do next.

 

“Since you idiot demigods never give up, let me give you a taste of torture. The type of torture you will all face if you don’t surrender now and give me the ambrosia.”

 

Upon hearing that word, Mina tensed up struggling against the ties on her wrists, she looked to Baekhyun who was strangely calm from having survived being with Prometheus for so long.

 

There was silence. Then, Prometheus lifted his hand and in one swift movement allowed a sort of dust to be thrown Mina’s way. All the campers tensed, calculating whether the dust was an attack.

Mina’s eyelids grew heavy, her breath hitched. Then, her eyes turned a glowing green colour. Like some kind of Zombie, she easily broke through her ties. 

 

“I have just granted this mortal girl with supernatural powers. Her mind is now wired to kill the very thing that is right beside her. Oh, and as she is doing this? You son of Zues, shall be watching.”

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

Alec held his arm back to stop the campers that were ready to jump in to fight, realizing the clear danger. But the camp counselor had noticed Baekhyun had broken free from the ties, meaning that as Mina would be attempting to kill him, he could at least defend himself. This could buy them some time. 

Additionally, the rest of the camp stood no chance because of the strong wall the monsters had created. If they were to incite violence they could be defeated in seconds.

The camp watched helplessly.

 

Mina charged at Baekhyun with only her fists. Baekhyun without a weapon, tried to dodge her attacks despite his exhaustion. He felt like fainting, but he couldn’t die right now, not when the camp was in danger.

 

Chanyeol on the other hand gritted his teeth watching Baekhyun fight for his life with nothing but his fists. If he hadn’t attacked carelessly none of this would have happened. 


 

After about ten minutes Prometheus ordered one of his monsters forward, offering Mina a weapon.

Baekhyun’s face said it all. Not only was he defenceless, but now his opponent, whom he didn’t want to hurt was in a state of wanting to kill him.

 

“Yah!” Mina slashed the sword.

 

Chanyeol could only watch in confusion. This is what Adrian had been talking about, right? Prometheus’ ability to change people’s motives-as if it were a long-term charmspeak that Baekhyun did. But how? How was he doing this?

 

Baekhyun ducked, only missing by an inch to the blade hitting his cheek.

 

Over and over again the mortal attempted to hit him. It was only a matter of time until she got him. It only grazed his shoulder, but Baekhyun felt his leather jacket tear upon impact. There was some blood coming out, but it wasn’t like anything he hadn’t faced before. Well, expect for the fact that he wasn’t in the best shape right now.

His head was dizzy. He stumbled over. Mina took the opportunity when Baekhyun was most vulnerable. She takes the sword and holds it above his head, ready to finish what Promteheus had brainwashed her to do.

 

“No!” Chanyeol screamed.

 

Prometheus holds his hand out, successfully stopping Mina from ending Baekhyun.

 

Then, he does something unexpected.

 

The clever titan snatches a bow and arrow off a gorgon behind him and flings it across to where Chanyeol is tied up.

With a snap of his fingers, Chanyeol’s tied hands are untied and instead his feet are locked by a chain. 

Prometheus tips his head down to entertain the thought that was already running through everyone's mind.

 

“Go on, kill her. Before she kills him,” Prometheus laughed.

 

Chanyeol shaking hands reached for the arrow on the ground. He turned back to look at Mina whose sword was near touching Baekhyun’s chest. In one swift move...it was all going to be over. His entire world. His universe. 

 

“Baek…” Chanyeol whispered, his voice choking up.

 

The demigod turned to Chanyeol watching with wide eyes as he began to notch the arrow.

 

Chanyeol thought of many things at that moment. A series of scenes flashing before his eyes and he held the bow and arrow in his hand.

He remembered last year when Aphrodite had warned him about his fatal flaw. How he would risk anything to save someone he loved. He felt that now. Then there were Suho’s words about how children of the big three were to only get stronger and lose control over themselves as they approached adult age. 

More than anything he wished he could aim that arrow at himself. It was all his fault-his fathers fault this was all happening wasn’t it?

His mind raced back to the present where he was standing holding an arrow aimed at Mina. 

Just as Mina was about to gouge her blade into Baekhyun, Chanyeol released the string of the arrow, allowing it to soar.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors note: TWO MORE CHAPTERS LEFT GUY GET PUMPED (And maybe a small little extra) Dw I"m planning on making a third and probably last part to this. Please comment, let me know how you like the story so far? Things that you would reccomend for the next book? Things you want to see happen between Chanyeol and Baekhyun?