Final Battle

Blood and Love

 

 

Alec tried to stop Chanyeol, but he was too late. The arrow flew straight at Mina. 

 

Just as it was about to hit her, something blocked it. No, someone.

 

The entire camp watched in confusion as another figure appeared, right in front of Mina swatting the arrow away like it was flying.

At the same time, Mina seemed to drop the sword, getting out her trance.

Baekhyun stood up weakly, watching the unknown figure in front of them.

 

“How...dare you TOUCH HER!” A woman's voice yelled.

 

Prometheus’ eyes grew wide, unsure of who the presumably immortal woman was. A god?

 

While Chanyeol was still distraught over just having thrown an arrow willingly at Mina, the camp watched intently as the glowing figure came around and cupped the mortal girl's child in her hand.

 

“My dear daughter.” the woman cooed, holding Mina in her arms as if-no because apparently she was her child?

 

All the campers guarded their weapons, watching in confusion as the mysterious women that had only intended to send them messages for the past week had come out of nowhere.

 

Io held Mina’s face in her hands caringly. 

 

Alec’s face passed with a look of shock when he heard Io say ‘daughter’ like he hadn’t heard it, or hadn’t expected to hear it in this lifetime. A few moments passed before Prometheus finally grew irritated at the scene in front of him.

 

“Io my dear, take your daughter and leave if you must. I have to kill several demigods right now.” Prometheus waved off, rolling his eyes.

 

“You betrayed me!” Io held back her tears with stinging eyes.

 

She had since picked up Mina, the back of her knees bent across her mothers arms. Mina was fully knocked out.

 

Prometheus clenched his jaw, clearly irritated by the woman in front of him.

 

“Whatever do you mean?” He surmised.

 

“You said that we were out to defeat Zues, but you lied. You are out here killing demigods and my own daughter-”

 

Chanyeol who had been listening intently was struck by the sudden realization of who this woman was, and perhaps explained the reason why Mina was able to see through the mist, but not having been claimed to be a demigod. 

She was the daughter of Io.

 

So this child...had been Mina all along?

 

Chanyeol was shocked to say the least, but somehow it made sense. The daughter of Zues and Io who was taken advantage of...was Mina all along. That meant Mina was his sister, right? She’d been a demigod all along? This made absolutely no sense, but who could make sense when they were in a situation like this?

 

“You said your main priority was to defeat Zues, you promised me this, Io. Now your defending these measly demigods,”

 

Io clenched her jaw, this was the angriest Chanyeol had ever seen her. She always seemed like a quietly graceful person, but seeing her supposed daughter in this state had her fuming. 

 

“You will pay for this,” Io let Mina rest on the ground.

 

Then she ran up to Chanyeol who was still holding the bow and arrow he’d just shot Mina with, but missed. She snatched it away from him and notched it expertly. It was like she’d done this before, perhaps she’d been an archer as well as priestess.

 

Her aim was right at Prometheus who could only annoyingly look at his ex-comrade.

 

“You disappoint me,” the titan held his hand up palm facing the demigods.

 

He did a beckoning motion behind his shoulder, making a couple of cyclops step forward.

 

Alec looked between Io and then back at Prometheus. He realized this wasn’t an act, Io was really standing up to Prometheus. This was their break, a moment where Prometheus hadn’t planned-a change for the camp to prevail.

He turned to the Athena kids who were stationed only a couple meters prepared with their cannon, he nodded to cue them. Then he turned to the rest of the campers who were still here, including Chanyeol.

 

The fighting began just as quickly as Io released her arrow.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

It was loud, that is all Chanyeol could say he remembered. The clanking of heavy metal bronze swords and yells every time an arrow was launched or when a sword was slashed. It was a mess of fighting-uncoordinated and simply a risk Alec had decided to take.

All Chanyeol could think about was Baekhyun who was still alive but completely worn out.

Junmnyeon had come to stand beside him, away from the fighting.

 

“I’ll grab Baekhyun you get Mina-” Junmnyeon froze.

 

Chanyeol was taller so he could see in the crowd, but Mina wasn’t anywhere to be seen? Had Prometheus snatched her up in the last moment? No, he wouldn’t have had time...that menat Mina had woken up and run off on her own. After all Prometheus had given her some type of supernatural powers. 

 

“Ugh, okay, I’ll go get Mina, wherever the hell she went. Go get Baekhyun,”

 

It felt like music to his ears. Finally, he felt like he was in control. He was going to get Baekhyun out of this mess, no matter what it took.

 

He saw Baekhyun on the ground where he’d last been attacked by Mina, he looked awake, but slowly losing consciousness. He was off to the side a little, away from the fights between the demigods and monsters, but it looked like he was aware of his surroundings. His eyes looked like they were squinting, but Chanyeol presumed they were drooping.

 

Chanyeol limped forward, but before he could reach Baekhyun a gorgon came to stand in front of him.

 

The son of Zues took out his sword slashing the gorgon in half almost instantaneously.

 

Alec turned his head when he noticed Chanyeol moving through each monster, like a robot cutting through grass. All Chanyeol could think about was Baekhyun, sitting on the other end.

He didn’t even blink after killing numerous monsters. He was in a hyper-powerful mode.

Junmnyeon had told him this would happen, especially at the age of seventeen. As the children of the big three aged, they became too powerful for themselves to handle. It was like puberty for the big three.

 

Almost there. Almost there. That is what Chanyeol told him as the adrenaline continued to pump through his blood vessels. Even though he knew he’d be sore after this, the end was near. Baekhyun was here. 

 

Suddenly he felt something stand in front of him-instead of it being another cyclops or gorgon, Chanyeol almost stumbled back when Ezo slashed his own sword swinging violently. Chanyeol wished it wouldn’t come to this.

After Adrian had explained Ezo had momentarily come back to his normal self in that Iris message he was hesitant about fighting the man. He knew that this was the same situation a Jongdae, and perhaps it would end the same way.

 

Chanyeol pointed his sword at Ezo and as if in a trance began violently slashing. Ezo was strong, stronger than he’d ever been. They met their swords several times. Chanyeol was close to touching Ezo, but the son of Hermes dodged his attack, easily taking the of his sword and made the other demigod trip.

Now that Chanyeol was on all fours, he felt the strong sensation in his throat. He felt like throwing up. He couldn’t remember how many times he’d been punched now. It was like he his insides were twisting on themselves. 

He let out a rough cough, noticing his phlegm had hints of bright red blood in it.

Before he could ask himself why, Ezo kicked his sword out of his hand.

He was actually going to die now wasn’t he?

Ezo was in total control. Perhaps Chanyeol was right, he had chosen the wrong side of this war. Perhaps he should have joined Prometheus when he had the chance.

 

“Please,” Chanyeol begged Ezo.

 

The demigod in front of him faltered with his sword as if he had switched over to his normal self, but it was only a second in time before he came back. 

Chanyeol shut his eyes like he’d done many times before, preparing for death.

He felt something. 

Cold metal hitting his shoe. When Chanyeol looked up thinking he’d already reached the underworld, he noticed Ezo was in a state of shock. He’d dropped his sword now, but not for the reasons that one would think. His eyes were wide open with shock and body losing balance. 

Chanyeol was quick enough to crawl away aw Ezo fell face first into the ground.
When Chanyeol turned back he gasped at the arrow on the centre of his back.

Turning to the direction in which the arrow was shot, Chanyeol saw a shaky pair of hands lowering a bow.

 

Adrian held his lips in a tight line, before gulping down a cry he was probably meaning to let out.

Then, the demigod did something Chanyeol hadn’t expected.

 He ran off, leaving Ezo in his state, unconscious-perhaps dead.

Adrian moved on to the next monster, killing them one by one.


 

Chanyeol blinked away his tears. He regretted every single word he’d ever called Adrian, he took it all back. This man was more than just brave he was sacrificial. Adrian had killed his one and only love, the person he deeply wanted to be with-who he longed for in that instant to save Chanyeol's life.

No. 

To save Baekhyun’s life.



 

Chanyeol gulped. He scrambled up and grabbed his sword from Ezo’s lifeless hand. Taking larger strides he reached Baekhyun who at this point had his eyes closed.

 

“I’ve got you,” Chanyeol whispered as he picked up the demigod.

 

“I’ve got you,” He repeated.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The infirmary was bustling with people, but when Seulgi saw her brother on Chanyeol’s back she rushed over to make room.

 

“Move over! We have an emergency!”

 

Everyone cleared a bed for Baekhyun. People all around gathered, giving him ambrosia, anything he needed for him to remain stable. Chanyeol finally took the opportunity to fall to the ground, coughing up the same blood he’d been a while ago.

 

Seulgi approached him, rubbing his back in circles, “What's wrong?” 

 

“I don’t know, something in my stomach hurts.” Chanyeol groaned.

 

“Here, take this ambrosia.” Suelgi offered him a chalice of the nectar.

 

“Thank you,” Chanyeol accepted it.

 

“Thank you, for saving my brother,” Suelgi’s eyes stung.

 

“He’s not just your brother-you-” Chanyeol began coughing again.

 

One of the Apollo kids took note and made room for another bed to be arranged for an injured Chanyeol, before he knew he could feel the anesthetic effects of the ambrosia kick in. His eye lids grew heavy and he went off into a deep slumber.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

When he woke up, he was met with the strong head lights of the infirmary. Had that all been a dream. Chanyeol stood up in pain, but managed to reach the window where he saw that the demigods and monsters were still at it. 

He could also make out Io in her white dress, throwing arrow after arrow.

Then, he suddenly remembered that Mina had gone off somewhere and they needed to find her.

Oh and the fact that he’d just saved Baekhyun-

 

“You idiot!” Baekhyun came at him.

 

Chanyeol turned around quickly to see his boyfriend take him by the wrist and twist it around so that his back was to him.

 

“Ah! Let go!” Chanyeol whined.

 

“I told you not to meddle. I said I could handle it!”

 

Chanyeol laughed, gently taking Baekhyun’s strong hand off his wrist.

 

Then his automatically found Baekhyun’s face, which he held and touched for a moment, feeling the scratches and scars Prometheus had given him. He leaned in and kissed him.

Baekhyun struggled, but then finally gave in throwing his arms around his boyfriend and kissing him like it was the end of the world.

 

“Couldn’t handle that,” Chanyeol laughed.

 

“Stop,” Baekhyun swatted his arm, “I-um...well I-”

 

“Wait!” Chanyeol thought of something, “before I forget,” He reached into his pocket.

 

When he took out the shiny metal Baekhyun's pupils widened. He looked baffled to say the least, like he wasn’t surprised or confused.

 

“This-” Baekhyun stopped Chanyeol clasping the bracelet on his wirst.

 

“What?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“This is Mina’s,” Baekhyun said with certainty.

 

“Are you crazy,” the demigod seemed offended.

 

“No this is her bracelet, I found it in your duffle bag-”

 

“Baekhyun this is for you. I bought it this summer,”

 

“That bracelet...I-it was for me? All this time-I thought-”

 

“You always jump to conclusions,” Chanyeol finally put on the shiny bracelet.

 

It looked even better than Chanyeol had imagined it would look on the demigod. 

 

“I wanted to give it to you when I first came back to camp...of course things happened. Well a lot of things happened.”

 

Baekhyun looked at the bracelet and then back at Chanyeol. He did this at least three times before his eyes began to well up with tears.

 

“All this time...you were trying to get the bag back in Germany for this bracelet? Not for ambrosia?”

 

Chanyeol looked away in embarrassment, “Well I didn’t know that I had an immortality ambrosia in my duffle bag okay,” He sighed.

 

“Even though we were broken up...you were still thinking about us as if we were together,” Baekhyun held back a smile.

 

“I couldn’t just-we’ve always been together, i couldn’t imagine life without you.”

 

“Guys!” Suelgi came into the infirmary just then.

 

The both of them turned upon hearing her urgent voice. 

 

“Where the heck is your duffle bag,” Suelgi asked Chanyeol.

 

The demigod looked confused at first, turning to look outside the window, “Uh in my cabin, why?”

 

Seulgi gulped, “It’s not there anymore.”

 

Baekhyun looked at his boyfriend in confusion. He too had known the ambrosia was inside his adidas duffle bag. Kyungsoo who also knew was in battle right now, who else would have-?

Chanyeol’s mind stopped, “Of course, she took it.”

 

“Who?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“Mina,”

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

They ran. 

Even though Baekhyun and Chanyeol had sustained relatively serious injuries to their limbs, they knew only they could locate where Mina could be-or be able to take away the nectar.

Now that they knew Mina was a demigod things could get dangerous. This immortality position was not meant for non-mortals. Prometheus had specifically made it for mortals. If Mina did anything with it for all they knew it could destroy the entire earth.

Prometheus had created the dirt and mud beneath them, he could just as easily destroy it.

 

“There!” Baekhyun shouted, pointing up at the hill where several demigods, including Junmyeon, were busy fighting a large hydra.


 

Mina stationed herself up top, wiggling around the bottle of ambrosia, making Prometheus turn around in delight.

 

“This is what your fighting for, right! Well come and get it now!” Mina yelled at the top of her lungs.

 

Chanyeol cursed under his breath, “Baekhyun get your bow and arrow,”

 

The demigod hesitantly took out his bow and aligned an arrow on the horse's hair.

 

“Shoot her leg.”

“You’re insane,” Baekhyun protested.

 

“She’s going to drink it, we have to stop her,” Chanyeol warned him.

 

“For the love of gods, Chanyeol I am not shooting Mina in the leg-”

 

“If you don’t I will, and you know my aim. Better done by you than me,”

 

Baekhyun grit his teeth. If Chanyeol was going  to shoot they’d have a 50 percent chance of the arrow ending up in Mina’s leg, to which they could revive. It only made sense that Baekhyun would shoot. 

 

He aimed the arrow high knowing that Mina was up top a hill the arrow would probably recede in height as soon as he launched. His knees bent only slightly to provide him a bounce as he set the arrow free. His left eye was shut, his right eye wide open. His elbow behind his shoulder and the strong of the arrow pressed up against his nose. Oh, how he’d missed this.

 

The arrow flew.

 

Mina fell, holding the ambrosia tightly along her chest as he cowered in pain.

 

Chanyeol then looked at Baekhyun, “Fly me up there,”

 

Baekhyun nodded, closing his eyes for a moment and then using his silent charmspeak to create a pink cloud around Chanyeol. The son of Zues harnessed the power and used the wind around him to lift him up into the air.

 

-----------------------------

 

Prometheus got to Mina first, attempting to snatch the nectar away. Meanwhile all the other demigods were too busy holding off the herd of monsters piling up.

 

“You idiot demigod,” He bent over his arm towards the nectar.

 

Chanyeol took his sword and put the tip of the blade to the skin of his hand, “Hands off,” 

 

“Of course, two children of Zues making my life harder for generations on end. Not anymore.”

 

Prometheus took out his own sword, challenging Chanyeol to a duel. The demigod looked back to where Baekhyun was and noticed he’d joined his sisters in throwing arrows at monsters.

Then when he turned back to the titan he was already slashing his sword in his face.

 

“Yah!” Chanyeol yelled tackling Prometheus to the ground

 

The titan winced as he hit the ground, using the middle of his blade to hold off Chanyeol’s. They went at it for five minutes, only being able to hit each other's swords. On the side Mina was finally gaining consciousness from being hit by an arrow. 

She looked away quickly upon realizing an arrow was sticking out from her calf. She gulped back her vomit.

 

“Mina stay there, don’t move!” Chanyeol turned back quickly to keep an eye on her.

 

Prometheus was still angry, and his strength got exponentially better each time his sword clanked against Chanyeol’s. 

At some point Chanyeol realized that if he stayed under Prometheus any longer he may die from suffocation. Closing his eyes tightening, he channeled the winds to surround him and the humid air to capture into his weapon. 

Just like that, a bolt of lighting hit Prometheus, sending the titan tumbling off, his hair sizzling from the sparks of static. 

 

Chanyeol attempted to lift himself up, but Prometheus was faster. He subdued his pain from being electrocuted and came at the son of Zues again.

The demigod stood up quickly, his blade hitting the tip of Prometheus’ hilt.

 

“It’s all because of this!” Mina yelled, grabbing the attention of Prometheus and Chanyeol.

 

At first the demigod couldn’t see correctly, but soon he realized Mina had picked up the bottle of ambrosia, holding it up in the air and waving it around so everyone could see.

 

“This is the reason why you are all fighting! Then fine!” Mina had tears in her eyes.

 

She did something that made everyone freeze. She uncapped the top of the ambrosia, her lips shut in a tight line, she held it up to .

 

Chanyeol stood up so quickly he could feel his ankle sprain. Running as quickly as he could he caught up to Mina just as she was taking a sip of the nectar, he knocked it out her hand and picked it up before any of it could be dropped.

 

Prometheus ran to him then, taking his hands out and attempting to grab the drink. In the process he shoved Mina to the side.

It was just him. Chanyeol, unarmed.

A strong titan who wanted nothing more than the bottle in his hands.

What was he to do?

Chanyeol did what he knew he had to do.

It was now or never. He was either going to die today or another day because of another stupid prophecy. He could see out of the corner of his eyes, his friends, his boyfriend fighting for their lives. Trying to save the camp.

What Chanyeol had to do was clear as day. Drallowing ink it so that they may join the divine. Those very lines kept replaying in his head from the prophecy. It was Chanyeol who had to do it. He repeated it in his head several times before it made sense.

 

He drank it.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Prometheus was the first to disintegrate in absolute chaos.

 

“You imbecile!” He pointed at the demigod.

 

Chanyeol took the last gulp of the ambrosia, throwing the bottle to the ground only to cough uncontrollably. The ambrosia didn’t taste sweet and melted in your mouth. It was vile. Like wine that had been sprayed with disinfectant. 

Covering his mouth in disgust it only took him a few moments to register the fact that his eyes were going blank. His vision became blurry and then suddenly, he saw only black.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

When his eyes opened back up he was in the same place. It was as if he had never left, in fact it seemed that Prometheus didn't even notice. It was like time had stopped for a moment just to allow Chanyeol to take a breath.

After drinking the forbidden ambrosia his main thoughts were...that's it? Other than the fact that the liquid was fairly bitter and awful tasting, he didn’t...feel immortal. Did he look at it? He’d noticed the campers were still in the midst of fighting all the monsters.

But, Chanyeol had more important things to worry about, namely the angry titan standing in front of him.

Prometheus took his sword ready to stab Chanyeol then and there.

Except as he was about to jab, an arrow stuck right into his arm.

 

Chanyeol turned knowing who could have thrown an arrow with such expertise.

 

Baekhyun ran up to them, picking up Mina and throwing her over his back.

 

“I’ll be safe,” Chanyeol promised him.

 

“I know,” Baekhyun smiled running off towards the infirmary.

 

Oh, he hadn’t seen Chanyeol drink the ambrosia.

 

Chanyeol picked up the sword just as Prometheus was taking out the arrow from his arm. He looked dull, lost almost. His eyes, like Ezo’s were a jaundice yellow. They used to be an almond brown, but now...it was like he was a Zombie.
Who could blame him? The one possession he’d been after for almost a year, was gone. In the stomach of the son of someone he hated deeply. This wasn’t going to be Chanyeol's easiest fight.

 

Kicking the titans shin, it made him topple to the ground. But just as quickly as he’d fallen he got up. Every force, every shove Chanyeol threw his way it was like he had a forcefield.

Yet, Chanyeol felt his power wasn’t declining. After drinking the ambrosia, he felt...energetic. His upper body strength wasn’t anything special most times, but right now it was stronger. Was this immortality? Is this what it truly felt like?

He’d imagined it several times. What it would have been like to accept the offer he’d gotten last year...this wasn’t anything like he’d experienced before. 

 

Prometheus attacked him again, using his blade to tear a part of his t-shirt. Thankfully, it had just grazed his skin only.

Chanyeol knew this would go on forever if he didn’t do something. 

Too many people had died, too many people had sacrificed so much for him to lose to this titan.

This was his last straw.

 

Holding his sword up, a different kind of force took over his body. It wasn’t like his usual summoning of lightning. His body’s senses were in overdrive. As soon as held his blade to the sky, the clouds rumbled.

Almost immediately it began to rain.

Some monsters who were sensitive to it, gasped and disappeared on sight. 

Chanyeol had never summoned rain like this before.

Next he dragged the lighting on his sword, swinging it around like a whip. It crackled and sizzled, making some monsters fall in fear.

Chanyeol felt powerful, but not completely in control. 

He was angry and he hadn’t even realized.

 

“You idiot demigod! You think it's that easy to defeat me?” Prometheus growled over the rain.

 

“You’ve done enough, Prometheus! Leave this camp or say goodbye to your precious life!” Chanyeol yelled.

 

He kept blinking quickly, attempting to keep the water out of his eyes. The rain was coming down much harder.

Chanyeol wanted to give even a titan as cunning and evil Prometheus as chance. He knew he shouldn’t be, but he knew that allowing him some time to understand the situation would make him recant.

 

“Even if I vanish today, my legacy will remain. You may think Ezo was the only demigod that is under my trance, but you are gravely mistaken.” Prometheus said, “You talk big demigod, but you never stop to wonder that you're half human. I am the creator of all human beings...I can respect you more than those halfwit selfish gods would.”

 

Chanyeol clenched his jaw, “Stop this nonsense-”

 

“It is the truth. And you may kill me, but you forever sit and wonder why gods haven’t called you half mortal. Why do they call you half-god instead-”

 

The son of Zues had had enough. He knew if he let Prometheus go on any longer that he’d think about his words for too long.

 

“Any last words?” Chanyeol held his static sword up to Prometheus' neck.

 

“You’ll come around soon, demigod-”

 

Chanyeol clenched his jaw, only to not let Prometheus finish off what he wanted to say. His blade cut right into his skin, but even before that the strong electrical purple lightning shot at the titan, causing him to shake violently. Chanyeol pushed, and pushed, closing his tight. He needed to use all his power. He needed to save the camp. 

He felt his energy drain for a moment, but he realized he needed help.

It’s almost like all the campers could read his mind, because suddenly he felt he wasn’t having to push hard enough into his blade. He saw Junmnyeon come up from behind him taking all the rain droplets and conjuring them together, throwing them into Prometheus like tiny bullets.

Then from the right came Adrian with his own sword, stabbing it straight into another side of the titans body.

Together..they used all their strength they had left. All those weeks of fighting and growing with exhaustion they gave it their all.

And then, silence.

 

All three demigods who’d been training to kill Prometheus fell back with the icomparable force that pushed them backwards. It was like the titan had spontaneously combusted onto them. A dark almost obsidian type of fluid burst into the grassy hills of their camp.

Chanyeol was drenched with it. He looked around the camp and noticed the monsters had also vanished or upon realizing their master was gone ran away.

It was over. It really was over.

It felt like deja vu.

-------------------------------------

 

 

He went to go check up on Mina who had been soundly sleeping on one of the unit beds. He sighed in relief.

To Mina’s right was none other than Io, her mother. She looked at Chanyeol up and down before smiling begrudgingly. 

 

“Thank you,” she said, “I’m not loyal to Zues nor will I ever be, but I do owe you all an apology,”

 

Chanyeol smiled, thinking about the second line to the Prophecy: Enemy of Zues shall rise in her prime. The enemy wasn’t prometheus, it had been Io all along.

 

“I’m not loyal to him either,”

 

Io jumped a little scared that he’d uttered those words.

 

“Silly, boy don’t you fear the wrath of your father?” Io asked.

 

“I stopped caring a long time ago,” 

 

 

Chanyeol had imagined so many bad scenarios in his head where he thought everything would fail, where he imagined at least one of his closest friends was going to leave him. Yet, here he was alive and standing not even slightly dizzy from fighting a dozen monsters and a whole titan. 

 

 

“Well, how do you feel?” Someone tapped his shoulder.

 

He turned around to find Adrian who smiled at him.

 

Chanyeol was at loss of words. Scenes of the man killing Ezo flashed in his mind and he immediately frowned.

 

“How are you holding up,”  Chanyeol asked him instead.

 

Adrian looked down, “You don’t have to worry about me. It was inevitable.”

 

“You did more than what was just...inevitable. You saved me life.” Chanyeol smiled this time.

. He knew that now, if there was anyone he could trust with his life it was Adrian. No longer would he need to feel the pressure and burden of his past. Adrian was one of them. He deserved that much.

 

“Hmph some life I saved,” Adrian joked, “I mean look at you, all immortal and everything.”

 

Chanyeol had almost forgotten about the most pressing matters at hand. The fact that he’d just ingested a jug worth of an alleged immortality potion was probably something he needed to get checked out.

 

“If this is immortality…” Chanyeol said.

 

“It is most certainly not.” came a voice from behind him.

 

Alec stood there hooves and all with his arms crossed an eyebrow raised. He seemed slightly irritated by the fact that Chanyeol was standing there nonchalant after drinking who knows what.

 

“Alec I-”

 

“The elixir you drank was not for immortality.” 

 

“What do you mean?”

 

----------------------------------------------------

 

Alec took him to his cabin, a sentiment usually done because he was about to tell him something very serious. Inside was Kyungsoo and Junmnyeon who looked at Chanyeol with worry etched on their face. 

 

“What?” He asked immediately when Kyungsoo sighed.

 

“Immorality isn’t so simple.” Alec explained, “It seems that Prometheus once again has seemed to trick us. That potion was masked with the identity of an immortality ambrosia, but it wasn’t. Prometheus lied.”

 

Chanyeol looked at him in disbelief, “What? But-how could he have lied this entire time? Why?”

 

Junmnyeon shook his head, not understanding why either, “He wanted to make us think that's what it was. If he told us what it really was…”

 

“Prometheus never originally made that potion. It was Oceanus. He made it last year with the intention of using it on demigods. When he was defeated, Prometheus set to find it. He knew that anyone found out about the contents of the potion and what it really did...we wouldn’t sit still.” Alec explained.

 

“I don’t get it…”Chanyeol said.

 

“Think about it, Chanyeol. You suddenly had ambrosia appear in your bag. Meaning, someone else had placed it there. When Prometheus found out, he probably knew many people were after it, so he knew if he masked the potion as being an immortality one that we’d protect it with our lives. He never wanted to in the first place. He wanted someone to drink it.”

 

“You guys are scaring me-”

 

“It’s a controlling potion. It’s what Oceanus used to capture Ezo and use him as a pawn. The same one that Jongdae drank.”

 

“But then...how come I’m not you know- have those glowing yellow eyes and stuff,” Chanyeol racked his brain.

 

Alec pursed his lips, “We don’t know,”

 

Kyungsoo and Junmnyeon looked at each other and then back at Chanyeol.

 

“So I’m basically a ticking time bomb is what you're saying? At any moment I could turn into a rouge demigod?

 

Alec nodded, “We don’t know if it's even possible, but I know one thing, you're much more powerful than that ambrosia, Chanyeol. You have a loyalty I’ve never witnessed in any demigod before. If there was anyone who had to drink that potion, it would have been you.”

 

Chanyeol nodded, taking his camp conseilleurs words as a form of encouragement.

 

“Where is Baekhyun, does he-”

 

“He doesn’t know. And I advise you perhaps you should not tell him.” Alec said with caution.

 

“You know him, he’ll only get angier,” Chanyeol pleaded.

 

“This will set him off. Baekhyun is not to know about this,”

 

Chanyeol fell into silence. He knew it was Alecs word against his. He’d already disobeyed him by going on the quest after Baekhyun, he knew if he overstepped it wouldn’t end well. 

 

“I understand,” Chanyeol said. 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------

 

The infirmary was still bustling with people, having so many demigods fighting monsters non stop took a toll on their camps infrastructure. Some people that were passing by Chanyeol waved at him or patted him on the back. Little did they all know this war potentially wasn’t ever going to be over.

Chanyeol found himself back in the infirmary, asking around to where he could possibly find Baekhyun’s room. People shook their heads in dismay pointing to  a nurse or one of the Apollo kids in the halls.

Finally he found Seulgi who waved over at him.

 

“Where's Baekhyun?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“He’s in his room, where have you been?” Seulgi raised an eyebrow.

 

“Please don’t tell me he’s mad,” Chanyeol ran his fingers through his hair.

 

“You did see Mina first,” Suelgi rolled her eyes.

 

Chanyeol pushed past her running over to the last room at the end of the hall where he saw the door slightly ajar.

 

“Hey!” Suelgi called after him.

 

When he opened up the door he saw Baekhyun, sitting at the edge of his hospital bed, back to him as he looked out the window.

 

Chanyeol sighed. He knew that Baekhyun was alive, but still. His heart ached every ounce that he wasn’t by his side. It hurt to even see him like this, bandages along his arms and a wheelchair on the right of the room.

He was too caught up in the moment to realize, Baekhyun had turned around and noticed he was standing at the door.

When he turned, Chanyeol felt like a wash of serenity passed through him. It was like the first breath of fresh air when Spring came. The first snow in winter and the calming fall of leaves in autumn all together.

 

Baekhyun could only stare too.

 

“Aphrodite wasn’t lying when she said she’d make our love life complicated,” Chanyeol said.

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, “Don’t bring my mother into this,” He said.

 

Chanyeol immediately ran over to Baekhyun on his knees. He was as tall as Baekhyun when he sat on the bed. He enveloped his arms around the demigod, tightly.

Baekhyun did the same, he held Chanyeol close, running his fingers through his hair.

 

“I know, you can say it. You can say I’m an idiot.” Chanyeol whispered.

 

Baekhyun laughed, the vibrations of his chuckle resonating on Chanyeol's body.

 

“I could do it a million, times idiot. As long as you're my idiot,” 

 

Then, Baekhyun pushed Chanyeol away from the hug, looking down at the sorry little puppy with tears threatening to leave his eyes. He took his slender fingers and ran them down his cheek. He traced a finger from the end of his eyebrow all the way down to his lips.

 

“I-”

 

Chanyeol pushed him onto the bed and kissed him.

 

Baekhyun pushed his shoulder off of him all of sudden, “Will you let me talk?” 

 

The son of Zues ignored him, smiling into another kiss. He wasn’t sure if this was the last time he’d see Baekhyun, but he knew that talking wasn’t going to make up for it. 

 

“You better not ghost me this summer.” Chanyeol suddenly pulled away.

 

“Well it’s not like we’re official or anything,” Baekhyun looked away.

 

The son of Zeus scowled before remembering something. He grabbed Baekhyun's right wrist before holding it up to his face, examining it carefully.

 

“Let go,” Baekhyun’s face grew a deep shade of red.

 

“Where’s the bracelet that I gave you?” Chanyeol asked in confusion.

 

They were in an awkward position. With Chanyeol on top of his and Baekhyun’s legs between his knees. It was no wonder the son of Aphrodite felt weird.

 

“No where, okay,”

 

“You lost it?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“No,” Baekhyun said.

 

“Then where-”

 

“I kept it in my cabin okay. Because...I just couldn’t stand the thought of ever...losing it.” The red shade on Baekhyun’s face had reached the tips of his ears.

 

Chanyeol smiled, trying not to laugh at how embarrassed Baekhyun was getting.

 

“The son of Aphrodite sure has a hard time with romance,”

 

Baekhyun scrunched up his nose cutely, “You make it seem like dating the son of Zues is easy,” 

 

“It won’t be,” Chanyeol smiled sadly, “It’s just going to be keep getting harder,”

 

Baekhyun narrowed his eyes, understanding his boyfriend's tone to be pessimistic, even...hiding something.

 

“What's wrong?”

 

Chanyeol sighed, getting off the bed and taking a seat on the chair next to Baekhyun.

 

“Nothing, I just...hate how everythings so unpredictable with us. I know that we’ll see each other, but...you know the gods. You know the life of a demigod within a second everything just gets messed up.”

 

Baekhyun took his hands into Chanyeols, “Are you really that worried about us never being able to see each other again?” He asked.

 

“Yes,” He said honestly.

 

Baekhyun nodded, “Fine, then let's take it to the next level.”

 

Chanyeol froze, “Huh?”

 

When he looked up at Baekhyun he sputtered out waving his arms in innocence.

 

Baekhyun was mid-ing his shirt when he realized Chanyeol’s face had grown red.

 

“What?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“You-I-we-are you saying what I think-”

 

The son of Aphrodite looked at Chanyeol in confusion before realizing something. He turned around to notice the door was still open. He wobbled over locking it shut.

 

“Yes, I’m thinking what your thinking.” Baekhyun bit his lip.

 

“W-wait, what if I’m not ready?” Chanyeol stuttered.

 

“Like you said...”Baekhyun came to stand beside his boyfriend feeling like he had the upper hand in this situation.

 

“This may be the last time we see each other,” He joked.

 

Needless to say, Chanyeol didn’t regret what they did that day even one bit.

--------------------------------------------

Authors note: Its the end of an era folks. Don't worry theres going to be an extra chapter to this book. As you can tell though, there WILL BE ANOTHER BOOK because I have set up the plot in such a way (i.e the consequences of Chanyeol drinking that potion). Please, please look out for the new chapters, it will be better updates just because it's summer break and will be more consistent. :) Thanks guys.