Sabotage

Blood and Love

 

 

Chanyeol punched the wall, successfully making a hole. Everyone looked at him sadly. They’d considered the many possibilities of where the titan and the rouge demigod had gone and taken Baekhyun, but for now they were out of ideas.

And as time went by, Chanyeol ran out of calmness. He was getting angrier and angrier.

 

“Calm down,” Kyungsoo said carefully, “We have to make a plan. There’s no use getting mad about.”

 

“How can I not be mad! That titan-!” Chanyeol put his hand to his head in frustration. 

 

“He’s right, Chanyeol you need to cool off-”

 

“I can’t okay, I can’t.” the demigod body felt static-full of adrenaline.

 

The room was getting warmer by the minute, he couldn’t hold it in any longer. He didn’t know demigods could spontaneously combust, but he felt like in that moment if his friends weren’t here-he would have.

 

“I’m s-sorry,” Mina began to sob, “It’s all my fault. He was trying to save me.”

Somehow, Mina's fragile and broken voice snapped him out of angry state and put him back into reality. He was overreacting. He was breathing too hard. 

At times Chanyeol heard the voice in his head telling him the same thing: it was his fault that his father was Zues and Prometheus was having a  personal vendetta against him. If he had just stayed in a camp and left them on their way in this quest, none of this would be happening. He blamed himself a lot. 

 

Chanyeol looked at the girl in sadness, “It’s not your fault. What Baekhyun did was right, he was just trying to increase our chances of survival.”

 

Kyungsoo came to hold Chanyeol’s shoulder, patting it softly. He couldn’t imagine what his friend was feeling in a moment like this. Baekhyun was gone-probably sent to be tortured by Prometheus and on top of that it was around the time that they’d just made up.

 

“We aren’t going to give up until we find him,” Adrian promised him.

 

Chanyeol had cooled off for ten minutes when he literally broke down walls and threw furniture across the room. He was being too rash. He needed to think smartly about the position he was in. Prometheus wouldn’t kill Baekhyun that was for sure-otherwise there would be no incentive for the demigods to follow after him.

 

“The real question is where did he go?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“Back to Germany?” Adrian offered.

 

“No,” Chanyeol said with certainty. 

 

“Where then?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

They came out of the subway more determined than ever. Well-except when Mina screamed when she saw a rat that scrawled over his foot.

 

“Ah!” Mina shrieked.

 

All three demigods drew their weapons, to their disappointment it was only a rat-and Mina was only being overly scared.

 

“Save the screaming for later.” Kyungsoo laughed.

 

They walked along the streets of Chanyeol’s hometown, the place where he was basically raised by his mother-brooklyn New York. He looked up at the skyscrapers, remembering how much in awe he’d been about them when he was little. Back then the world seemed so much bigger. And ever since he figured out he was a demigod-he’d realized the world really was big and yet, so very small.

 

“What makes you think Prometheus is in New York?” Adrian asked.

 

The four of them walk along the sidewalk. Chanyeol is wearing black skinny jeans and his usual dark green bomber jacket. Kyungsoo has on a heavy red plaid shirt, Adrian with blue t-shirt and Mina with her white shirt and jeans. They fit in as Americans alright, so it was nice for a change to not have to worry being stared at like they did in europe. 

 

“Because Prometheus thinks that going after everything that I love is going to be ultimate revenge to Zues.”

 

Mina’s eyes widened when she heard the ‘l-word’. She looked at Adrian and Kyungsoo to catch their reaction, but she was surprised to see both of them hadn’t even lifted a brow of suspicion. She couldn't be hearing this right, did Chanyeol say he loved Baekhyun?”

 

When Adrian and Chanyeol walked much ahead of Mina and Kyungsoo in deep discussion about their next steps, Mina came to lean in and whisper in the demigods ear.

 

“Hey, what's the deal with Baekhyun and Chanyeol?” She asked innocently.

 

At first Kyungoo looked at her like she was crazy, but then he remembered that Mina hadn’t gone to camp with them and she probably had absolutely no idea about their relationship.

 

“They are together.” Kyungsoo said simply.

 

“...together...like friends? Like cousins?” Mina asked.

 

Kyungsoo froze. Then, proceeded to hold his stomach because he began an uncontrollable fit of laughter. Mina looked up and down at him wondering what was so funny.

 

“You are so funny, no I mean they are dating. They’re together, together. They started dating last summer. They kind of broke if off when Chanyeol got back to camp, but I’m pretty sure they had just made up a day ago.” Kyungsoo explained. 

 

“Oh,” Mina frowned.

 

Kyungsoo didn’t think anything of her response at first, but as they continued to walk down the sidewalk, he realized the nuisance her response held. Mina...she had wanted to confess to Chanyeol? It’s really a shocker how Kyungsoo wasn’t the son of Aphrodite with the way he was able to understand people's feelings so well. He smiled at himself for having such a talent in doing so.

 

“Guys you’re being too slow hurry up!” Adrian yelled from afar.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

They arrived at the front door of Chanyeol’s apartment complex. It was eerily quiet, to the point they wondered if the entire building had been evacuated.

Chanyeol specifically remembered his next door neighbours were notoriously loud, smashing things and had large speakers blasting music-yet, today it was silent. He presumed it was because Prometheus was in his apartment, right now, probably tying his loved ones to stake in return for his beloved nectar.

The demigods all knew the nectar was kept hidden in Chanyeol’s duffle bag, but Prometheus wouldn’t be able to tell the difference. 

Kicking the door open, weapons drawn and stanced, the demigods slowly loosened up when they realized the apartment was empty. 

 

“Where are they?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

Chanyeol shook his head in disbelief. He’d been tricked by prometheus again. He’s thought wrongly. Of course, Prometheus had come here first, taken his mother-but the place he was going to wasn’t this house. It was his home. Their home. Home of the demigods.

 

“We have to get to camp. Now.” Chanyeol stopped when he noticed a figure climbing in from the window.

 

“Someone called?” The son of Poseidon smiled.

 

“Suho!” Kyungsoo jumped up and flung his arms around their old comrade.

 

The demigods stood in awe as Suho lowered his pet hippogriff. This was the same creature that had transported them back to camp in their last quest. Things never really changed.

 

“What are you doing here?” Adrian asked.

 

“Well...Chanyeol did tell me he was going on a quest with you guys-I got worried, so I decided to check up on him.”

 

Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow, “Oh Alec is so gonna kill you guys.”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------


 

“AND AFTER ALL THAT I TAUGHT YOU DEMIGODS! YOU STOOP TO THE LEVEL OF YOUR PARENTS AND RUN OFF TO A QUEST WITHOUT PERMISSION!” Alec slammed the table in front of him.

 

Chanyeol winced closing his eyes tight because he couldn’t bear to look at Alec in the face after disobeying him. Meanwhile Suho rolled his eyes pretty much used to the idea that he too had run off in the hopes of finding Chanyeol.

After Alec wrapped up the lecture session, he brought them over to his cabin to enjoy a cup of his usual green tea. Since he’d calmed down, the demigods could finally speak and tell him the situation they were in. Oh-and why they had a mortal girl with them-who for some odd reason was able to cross the camp barrier.

 

“This is odd, but it’s not like it's impossible. Mortals have passed through here-they’ve just never been found again,” Alec explained.

 

Mina, who had been trying to enjoy the warm cup of tea, bit his lip nervously. Up until now she’d presumed she was dreaming. After all she’d just stepped into a camp for half god half human children who fought with swords and arrows and had super powers and oh she couldn’t forget this Alec guy ws half horse. If mythology was true this entire time why had her brain refused to believe all those ‘monsters’ under her bed, all those times her teachers had called her crazy.

 

“I-I can also see...monsters.” She tells Alec.

 

The camp conseiller raises his eyebrows interested in what Mina has to say.

 

“Ever since I was kid...I could see them. People called me crazy all the time and If I didn’t act like they weren’t there then my parents threatened to send me to a mental facility.”

 

Alec nodded intently, to which Mina found a lot of comfort in. He listened to her. He actually believed everything she was saying. So she hadn’t been crazy all along. She wished she could go on longer, but her exhaustion really was taking a toll on her. Its one thing for demigods to be running around going from place to place, switching time zones on planes and trains, but for a human it was more than enough exercise.

 

“Suho, please take Mina to the private guest house just by the lake, she needs to rest,” Alec told him,

 

Both Suho and Mina exited the cabin leaving an nervous Kyungsoo and a restless Chanyeol. They told him everything-how Prometheus had found them, what exactly he’d been looking for, an immortality nectar that Alec too hadn’t heard of. Chanyeol told him about Baekhyun and he did so with all his will power such that he wouldn’t break down right then and there.

 

“Baekhyun is fairly strong, he can fare well alone, you mustn’t worry,” Alec consoled a broken Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol didn’t answer. He knew better than anyone how well Baekhyun fought, but when it came down to it there was a slight facade. He’d been through so much with the death of Jongdae only happening last year, he hid behind a veil of weakness. Even when he’d told him about Zues and their conversation. Baekhyun gets afraid, and if it means that someone else is in danger he won’t take anything from anyone.

“I just-I don’t even know where to look anymore. I thought he’d be here at least.” Chanyeol didn’t want to speak anymore, because he felt that he would have broken down at any moment.

 

“The question is...even if we do find him how are we going to get him back without giving Prometheus the nectar?”

 

Chanyeol nervously glanced at his duffle bag that held the sacred drink. He wanted nothing to with the stupid thing. He would destroy it if he could, but Prometheus would finally have his way. Suddenly, Chanyeol felt the same way Baekhyun did last year. He felt responsible for everything that's happening. Responsible for his lousy fathers personality, slowly and slowly beginning to understand the origins of Jongdae’s revolution last year.

In that thought, he was reminded of Adrian who sat silently, perhaps thinking that this was all his fault as well. 

 

“There’s no use moping around,” Kyungsoo stood up then, “We have to start planning. Who knows Prometheus may be thinking of infiltrating the camp.”

 

Alec could only stare sadly at a worried looking Chanyeol, “Go to the training grounds, clear you mind. It will make you feel better.”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Chanyeol wanted nothing more than to go into his cabin and lie on his stomach for hours on end, moping about what to do next. He felt hopeless, unworthy. How many more times was this going to happen? How many times was he going to let the gods, the titans everyone get their way. There were heavy stones on his shoulders all the time. He started to understand why Kyungsoo and Baekhyun wanted him to have a normal summer back in his hometown.

 

Kyungsoo and him found themselves on the training grounds where they said hi to a few campers before walking over the far end of a long range archery barrack. Chanyeol cursed himself from choosing to train here. He longingly looked at the last dummy target that was at its last breath, viciously throwing an arrow at none other than Baekhyun right in the center of its heart. This was going to be impossible to even look at anything and not think about Baekhyun.

 

Chanyeol clenched his jaw taking out an arrow, unsure of why or how he was going to be shooting it because last time he checked archery wasn’t his forte. Even Kyungsoo looked at him in confusion when he hadn’t picked up his dagger.

 

Notching the arrow, Chanyeol flew it straight at the dummy’s head. He did this over and over again. He did it so many times he could feel his index finger beginning to blister from holding the bowstring so taught.

 

“Chanyeol, enough,” Kyungsoo came behind him to hold his shoulder.

 

The son of Zues dropped his arrow breathing heavily, his chest heaving up and down and his eyes blinking fast to hide the tears.

 

“I don’t know what I’m going to do without him.” Chanyeol admitted.

 

Kyungsoo wanted to console his friends, but he too didn’t have the words to explain that everything was going to be alright.

 

“Guys!” 

 

They both turned their heads to see Adrian running in their direction looking excited, anxious and ready to tell them something all at the same time.

 

“What?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“We have a leave. We just have an Iris message and...he’s going to be coming here-and he’s not coming alone..” Adrian explained, he shuttered over his words.

 

Chanyeol immediately left the bow and as if in a slow motion action film ran towards the direction of Alec’s cabin. Thinking that he was going to find everywhere there, discussing the irs message his attention was caught when he saw something on the other side of the camp barrier. A dark shadowy figure slowly encapsulates the barrier-like a tsunami-like a huge body.

 

Some campers brough themselves over to the confusion. They had their weapons drawn, staring up at the danger above them. It seemed like something was trying to infiltrate the barrier from the looks of it. 

 

Kyungsoo and the rest of gang ran up then, holding out their swords in defense, “Whats-”

 

“Where’s Alec?” Chanyeol took out his own dagger, careful not let sight drift from the target up ahead.

 

“With Suho, why?” Adrian answered.

 

“Someone get him here.” Chanyeol said in a slightly demanding voice.

 

While none of the campers were quick in doing so, they glanced at each other in confusion watching Chanyeol look more serious than ever.

 

“Now!” He yelled.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------


 

        The campers were all lined up. In rows and rows. Typical of spartan artillery in ancient greece. They were geared up in their armour, adorned with various types of metal, bronze, gold you name it. After the attack that had taken place at the camp last year, Alec had made sure that campers in the summer had trained well enough just in case a second time came around.

       Sure enough, here they were. A dark shadow, which they had just found out was an enormous cyclops who was currently smashing into the camp barrier with their bare fists.

      Chanyeol was like always, leading the army of demigods towards the danger. The archers at the back are ready to take on extra monsters.

     Junnmnyeon had joined them later on, ready to fight to the death if he had to.

      Alec had devised a perfectly curated plan for the demigods, to which Chanyeol was grateful for. He remembered having to tell Mina everything was going to be okay and there was no way she would be able to come with them-simply because, for all they knew she was a defenceless human. 

 

      Crack.

 

All the campers gasped as they looked up ahead, the barrier made a loud sound, signalling that it was being broken. 

Suddenly, there was a flash of rainfall. It poured down on the campers, which made them jump and squeal. It wasn’t like they hadn’t seen rain, it was the fact that it had almost never rained at camp half-blood because the barrier had never broken like this before.

While everyone scrambled to run for some shelter, the giant cyclops entered his large foot falling to the ground right between the hole of the camp barrier he’d just made.

 

Junmnyeon was the first to attack, he floated on the water and easily and took his hands up into the air, summoning a large wave. When it hit the cyclops, who was now completely inside the camp wince. A wince. That was they were going to get from these monsters. 

 

Chanyeol looked around the premises, thinking about a way they could somehow get the cyclopes down on it’s belly so it would be easier for them to attack. Of course, Chanyeol could easily fly up there and attack, but he knew in order to fly that high he’d need Baekhyun’s powers too.

He waved at the archers from behind telling them to ready their bows.

If there was one thing that Cyclopes lacked, it was their other eye.

 

Swoosh. The arrows flew up in the air making a perfect arch and meeting the face of the cyclopes. The monsters roared in annoyance, trying to pick out the arrows from his cheeks, but as he was moving around like a human swatting a fly, an arrow finally aimed right into the pupil of his eyes.

 

“Ah!” The cyclopes groaned.

 

“Yay!” Suelgi who’d been the owner of that magic shot jumped up in excitement.


 

Chanyeol smiled and then turned to Junmnyeon ,”Now,” 

 

The son of Poseidon smirked, leveling his arms to meet his belly button. With all the strength and power he could muster he summoned a wave. Well to be clear it was far bigger than any wave he’d seen, perhaps it would be classified as a tsunami.

When the water was up and just above half the height of the titan, Kyungsoo took this as his queue, slammed his fist into the ground, earning a loud grumble from the ground and more importantly causing Suho’s wave to multiply with size.

The wave was almost big enough to engulf their entire camp, but it was still not big enough to drown the cyclopes.

That is when Chanyeol came in. He easily held out his palm and when he felt the breeze catch in his fingertips. The wind twirled around his finger tips and blasted towards the wave causing it to spin.

 

A hurricane. A triple threat.

 

The cyclopes who’d just been shot with multiple arrows to the face looked distraughtly at the hurricane that was violently spinning his way.

 

When the impact of the water hit the monster, it was almost like he vanished into thin air.

 

The demigods halted their cheering when they saw another creature dive down, a hippogriff? Sort of like Suho’s pet. Chanyeol held his sword tightly so much that his knuckles grew white. If his instincts were correct, on that hippogriff up above was Prometheus.

And if Prometheus was here...then.


 

Soon, it wasn’t only one hippogriff winged, eagly, horse creature that was flying through the barrier, it was several. No at least four dozen of them had infiltrated the camp.

The campers were careful, unsure of whether to attack. To their knowledge hippogriffs were usually good and amicable monsters, but it wouldn’t be a surprise if Prometheus had somehow brain washed them.

 

“Tsk tsk tsk,” Prometheus shook his head, “Seems you all were not expecting this.”

 

The titan was dressed in war armour, his helmet was a shining gold. He too was sitting on a hippogriff. To his right was Ezo who had his eyes focused up ahead, lifeless.

 

Adrian eyebrows furrowed at the sight of his lover being brainwashed by Prometheus too.

 

Then, as if Chanyeol had been waiting for a lifetime he saw him. In a bad state, nonetheless, but...alive. Baekhyun looked out of his breath, flushed. He looked like he’d just fought with small cuts along his forehead. 

 

Chanyeol clenched his sword tighter.

 

“What do you want, Prometheus.”

 

The titan smiled at Chanyeol’s anger upon seeing his lover tied by his wrists, his state of health compromised.

 

Prometheus watched carefully as their camp counsellor Alec came running up towards the commotion. For some reason Chanyeol could see a flicker of fear in his eyes upon seeing authority.

 

“We don’t want war, I simply want one thing and one thing only. The nectar.” Prometheus said.

 

“We can’t give you that-” Chanyeol started, but Prometheus was already ahead of him.

 

“I knew it would come down to this. For that reason. I’ve brought my men here to set up camp. We will be waiting patiently for what is mine. Of course while you measly demigods decide how you will supposedly defeat me, I”ll be entertaining the thought of a thousands ways to torture this-” Prometheus pointed at Baekhyun.

 

Chanyeol didn’t need to be told he could feel his body getting fired up. Alec came to stand in front of him. He held his arm back as if to hold the demigod off.

 

Alec cleared his throat, “Where did you get the whereabouts of our camp.”

 

Any demigod knew that even if someone knew the location of the camp, it would habitually change randomly, so that monsters would never be able to locate it.

“Dear Centaur, you have a mole you may need to take care of,” Prometheus smiled while raising an eyebrow.


 

Alec sighed.

 

“Demigods, please everyone to the dining hall. We will discuss the next steps promptly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors note: omg it's been forever since I've posted, but here it is guys! SOOO the is starting which means the story will end soon. Make you predictions of what you think the ending will be, where do you think Baekhyun is and of course who is Mina and how can she see through the mist?