The Final Battle Part 1

Blood and Love

 

 

        It was weird not having food floating around and cutlery clunking when everyone was sitting in the dining hall. Instead there were small conversations, some gasps, some silence.  It was a terrible environment to just be told that there was a mole at the camp. This wasn’t the first time someone at the camp had ratted them out. 

Most of all Alec looked disappointed. It’s almost as if he knew who it was, but he didn’t want to put that person on the spot.
Alec, Chanyeol, Junmnyeon and Kyungsoo stood by the stage waiting for all the campers to settle down in their seats.

While Alec discussed something with Junmnyeon on the side of the stage in private, Chanyeol couldn’t help but grow angrier. Who would be so idiotic to tell Prometheus their whereabouts. It was plain stupidity. Most of all, what did this person even have to gain from this? Power? Had prometheus offered the mole to join his army, his resistance against Zues? No, it had to have been something else.

 

      “I am aware of all your concerns of the...mole. However, I don’t think it is appropriate to indulge any further.” Alec announced, “Clearly...that individual is deeply remorseful and does not wish to speak on it.”

 

      Chanyeol turned to his camp counselor in shock. No way this person wasn’t going to get any repercussions?

 

     Looking at the crowd, Chanyeol gaged that the mole had to be here right now. When he looked around though he noticed no one had a look of particular guilt. How could any of these campers have been in contact with Prometheus? It wasn’t very much impossible. 

     Just then Mina and Adrian had come to join the meeting. The son of Athena looked around in confusion watching as everyone whispered amongst themselves, while Mina who had probably just witnessed the death of a cyclops from a cabin window was attempting to overcome the shock.

     Chanyeol didn’t think he could be smart enough, but he seemed to have figured out the mole.

 

------------------------------------------------------------

 

“You !” Chanyeol barged through the crowd of campers.

 

He grabbed Adrian by the collar shaking him around violently.

 

“Chanyeol stop!” Alec yelled.

 

Mina watched in shock as Chanyeol continued to hold Adrian in chokehold.


Some of the campers stepped in, trying to get Chanyeol back holding him by the arms.

 

“How could you do that! You betrayed the camp. You should have stayed in that time capsule where you belonged!” Chanyeol spat.

 

“I-I’m sorry.” Adrian was near tears.

 

“He saved your life. He brought you here from your personal hell and this is how you repay him!” Chanyeol’s jaw tightened.

 

“Chanyeol that's enough!” Alec came to break up the fight once and for all.

 

Then just so the son of Zues couldn’t get anymore heated, Alec took him to his own cabin to explain everything.

 

-------------------------------------------


 

“What on earth is going on?” Junmnyeon followed them to Alec’s cabin looking just as confused as Kyungsoo who followed behind.

 

“He’s the mole. Adrian is the one who spilled where the camp was.” Chanyeol said.

 

“But how do you know that?” Kyungsoo asked Chanyeol.

 

Alec had in the meantime gone upstairs perhaps to pull himself into his wheelchair and be prepared to talk some sense into Chanyeol.

 

“He was the one on Iris' message with them-he knew.”

 

“But what's in it for him? Why would Prometheus-”

 

“It’s not Prometheus,” Alec came down just then, holding out a tray of his usual green tea.

 

“It’s for Ezo,” Alec finished.

 

“I thought we had been through this. I thought he wouldn't betray us for him, but I was wrong.” Chanyeol said, his voice shaking.

 

Mostly, he was thinking about Baekhyun. He imagined what was going on now near the entrance of the camp where Prometheus had been doing a strike on.

 

“You would have done the same dear demigod.” Alec spoke up.

 

Chanyeol snapped up to look at his camp counselor, a little offended nonetheless.

 

“What-”

 

“You would have done the same Park Chanyeol. If you knew there was one way to save Baekhyun-you would have already done it. This could have been you. Prometheus isn’t like any demon we have ever fought. He is strong, sure, but his intelligence and scare tactics are what made him fight with Zues in the first place. Right now we need to work together as a team.  We cannot risk fighting. He used Adrian’s one weakness, Ezo to make him do that, it isn’t his fault.”

 

Chanyeol only grew more angrier, “Whatever. I’m not fighting alongside that traitor.”

 

Kyungsoo looked at the demigod worriedly as he barged out of the cabin.

 

“Don’t follow after him, he needs to cool off,” Alec advised Junmnyeon and Kyungsoo,” A big three child at the age of seventeen doesn’t fare well when they are angered. No matter how much self control Chanyeol may have, his powers can get control over him,”

 

None of them liked the sound of that.


 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Prometheus who had stationed himself at the far end of the border near the camp didn’t waste his breath meeting up with the demigods to dissolve a deal. He knew that the demigods would try and devise a plan to overrun his monster army, but he also knew that when it came down to it, it was a choice between the camp and the nectar. 

On one hand Chanyeol wanted to grab the nectar out of his bag and run over to Prometheus-but he knew that the gods would be furious. He knew this was all his dad’s fault, the least he could do was help. 

At the entrance of the dining hall stood a lady, she had on a white dress with a flower crown. She was beautiful-mind you nothing like aphrodite, but still eye capturing. Perhaps that was why all the demigods suddenly turned their heads to the woman.

She peaked around the hall, as if she were looking for someone, but then her eyes met with Alec and she stepped forward, with her chin up.

 

“I am Io. I’ve been sent by Prometheus to ask you what you have chosen.”

 

A messenger. Prometheus had become so impatient he didn’t even bother coming over to them to ask. 

 

“I’m afraid we haven’t made a decision yet,” Alec said.

 

Io nodded, and then proceeded to take a seat, as if to say ‘I’ll wait until you figure it out’.

 

Alec tiled his head and narrowed his eyes before, motioning for all the campers to go back into their cabins. Meanwhile he told Chanyeol and Kyungsoo to come to his cabin.

 

“Who the heck is she?” Kyungsoo asked, closing the door of Alec’s cabin behind him.

 

“I didn’t think she’d be alive, but she’s one of Zues’...affairs.”

 

“Give me a break,” Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

 

Leave it up to his dad to not get involved with a woman.

 

“Wait, the Io? The one who got turned into a cow?” Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows.

 

Then, he walked over to Alec’s book shelf and touched the spine of a dusty book before taking it out and flipping it to a page right in the centre.

 

“Io was a greek priestess whom Zues had fallen in love with. In order to respect her chastity, she rejected Zue’s advances…” Kyungsoo read the pages of the book.


 

The name echoed in his head like it had the time Baekhyun was doing his usual explanations of Greeks myths and legends. His mind flew back to a particular instance when Chanyeol had snuck into his dorm last year and instead of finding Baekhyun waiting for him, the demigod had his nose in a book. Knowing that if he disturbed him Chanyeol decided to peak interest in the contents.

Baekhyun had explained he was reading a legend about Zues and this woman named Io. Io was a mortal woman, beautiful, posie. She was a priestess whom Zues had fallen in love with.

 There was a slight issue, in that Io did not love Zues back. Perhaps with a mix of unrequited love and the simple power Zues had over people, he pursued Io, unwillingly. Io was angered by this, but once Zues got her way with her, he made sure not to leave any traces. When his wife, Hera had heard about the affair, the god of the skies made sure to conceal Io, in the shape of a cow.

Zeus promised Io that it was for her own protection-from the wrath of Hera. Yet, Io hadn’t chosen any of this. She played a long, eventually getting pregnant with her own childhood.

 

“Ah, this makes sense,” Alec tapped his chin, “Of course when Prometheus had finally been freed by Hercules he would have probably gone around to get an army to revolt against Zues. Io was holding a grudge against him-it only makes sense that they have a common enemy.”

 

“So now we have another person we have to fight? How powerful is she?”

 

Alec shook his head, “From my understanding she is a mortal, but...because Zues had turned her into a cow she still has remnants of immortality left with her.”

 

Chanyeol could only feel bad for her. First, she’d been forced into something with Zues that she didn’t want to be part of and when she had asked for refuge, the god had turned her into a cow. It was a shame, but oftentimes Chanyeol felt like he was on the wrong side of this entire war. 

 

“She really could only be here for the reason that she would like to take revenge on Zues, but we can’t be too sure about her sentiments,” Alec warned.

 

“Forget that right now,” Chanyeol ran over to the glass window hurriedly.


 

All them stared out the long field watching as several cyclopes began running towards the camp, probably sent by Prometheus.

 

“He’s not going to stop,” Kyungsoo said slowly, “He’s just going to keep throwing at every monster he had until we give the nectar to him,”

 

Chanyeol nodded, “Then we fight back. Fight until our last breath.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Almost all the demigods ran out of their cabins with their swords, bow and arrow, dagger anything they had on them. They were prepared for the death. Chanyeol found Junmnyeon leading a couple of Athenian kids around and advising them on how they were going to kill the on coming slaughter of monsters.

Chanyeol joined them, listening intently on the plan. This was what teamwork looked like, and if the demigods had one thing over Prometheus, it was their unbreakable bond and collaborative skills. They had trained their entire life to do this, what made the titans think they were anything less?

“Are you going to the front?” Chanyeol asked Junmyeon after the campers dispersed.

 

“Yeah,” He nodded.

 

“I’ll come-”

 

“No,” Junmnyeon shook his head, “Stay behind and be back up.”

 

“But why?” Chanyeol looked at him in disbelief.

 

“Chanyeol, he’s here. And I know that once you see him you won’t be able to control yourself.”

 

The demigod clenched his jaw, “Y-you’re right, it’s better if I stay.”

 

“We’ll save him, don’t worry,” Junmyeon patted his back.

 

The rest of the campers lined up in a formation, sparta style making sure to hold their shields over theirs and swords out with their right hand. This was going to be a long, long fight.

 

-----------------------------------------

 

Two weeks. Two weeks of long hard fighting. The campers were worn out and Chanyeol could see all the demigods losing all their energy. Not even nectar could help them at this point. It was like everytime they killed one monster, another would spawn in its place. Only at night would Prometheus stop allowing them to recharge only a little until he sent over more monsters early in the morning. 

It was non-stop. Chanyeol himself, although not up in the front lines, was exhausted. At one point they were down archers so he had to step in with his already terrible aim and try to hit as many monsters as he could.

That night, Alec called everyone to the dining hall-except not to eat, but to discuss what lied ahead of their poor efforts to stop Prometheus.

 

“All we have against him is that he doesn’t know where the nectar is.” Alec spoke first.

 

“And for the sake of keeping it that way, no one will be told where it is.” Chanyeol announced.

 

Of course, only he, Kyungsoo and Mina knew where it was, hidden loosely in Chanyeol’s Adidas duffle bag, disguised as any old ambrosia. It was no wonder Promtheus hasn't found it yet.
One thing was for sure, Prometheus may be cunning, but he wasn’t as intelligent as he seemed. Had he really created a state of the art immortality nectar he wouldn’t have made it look similar to every other nectar out there. 

Chanyeol hoped that there other many stupid mistakes this titan had made because at this point, it was there only way out.

 

In this meeting, Junmnyeon had insisted Mina join because she said she was feeling claustrophobic in the cabin the entire time. Chanyeol felt bad knowing she had no clue what was going on, most of all she was being dragged into a mess she had no reason being involved in.

She sat on one of the benches waving up at Chanyeol who could only offer her a strained smile.

 

After the meeting ended and the battle strategy was announced to the demigods, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo began to talk about the artillery and where everyone would be situated. Deep in conversation, they hadn’t noticed Mina creeping up behind them shyly.

 

“I want to help.” Mina said, her eyes on the ground.

 

Both Kyungsoo and Chanyeol looked at each other and then back at Mina in confusion.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“With whatever this is. I want to help f-fight.” She stomped her foot.

 

Kyungsoo chuckled, “Mina, you know that is not possible.”

 

“Please, I feel like I’m going to break down if I stay hidden in that cabin any longer.”

 

“You can’t even hold a sword much less fight with it.” Chanyeol sighed.

 

“Is there anything I can do? Maybe...help those that are injured? Please?”

 

Chanyeol looked at his friend in sadness. He wasn’t so sure what to do at this point-with Prometheus or Mina. It was all a jumbled mess in pursuit of trying to get Baekhyun back.

 

“Mina I can’t-”

 

“You can join me.” Alec had come up from behind them just then, his hooves making a sound.

 

Mina looked up at the camp counselor with bright eyes, “Really? What can I do?”

 

“Well, we do have some spare arrows,” Alec smiled, “Why don’t you stay in the aphrodite cabin tonight, they’ll teach in the morning, head on,” He gently guided his hands on her back allowing her to wander off into the crowd of campers.

 

“Are you crazy?” Chanyeol asked, “You’re going to let Mina fight? She had no training, and if Prometheus sees her then she will become the perfect target-”

 

“Calm down, Chanyeol. She is capable of taking care of herself. You underestimate people,” Alec laughed, running off back in the direction of his own cabin.

 

No, Chanyeol thought he wasn’t undermining people-it was his fatal flaw. He wanted to protect everyone. He couldn’t bear losing someone because he wasn’t able there to protect them. Aphrodite had once told him this could make or break his world. He didn’t want it to come to that.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The next morning they were graced with the presence of Io, rather than large cyclops or slimy gargoyles.  The demigods felt like they could finally take a breath of rest when the mysterious lady had come back to deliver another message.

 

“He’s grown quite angry,” Io’s eyes flicker, growing amongst all the campers, looking for someone once again.

 

“We are aware,” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

 

Io nodded, “It’s only a matter of time before he sends out the entire army. He says this was just practice, or a warm up.” Io said.

 

“We’re prepared for anything,” Chanyeol said.

 

“He’s bringing the boy this time,” Io challenged him.

 

The entire camp tenses upon realizing she is talking about Baekhyun.

 

Some glances are thrown at Chanyeol who can do nothing more, but clench his fist. It is the way they refer to him “the boy” like an object, a pawn they could just throw around.

 

“He expects everyone to meet in the middle, by sunset.” Io waved herself off, strutting back towards Prometheus’ territory.

 

Alec could only give Chanyeol a look of worry, they needed to be even more prepared than they thought.

 

----------------------------------------

 

Chanyeol took the final hour before the entire camp had to face Prometheus by going back into the training grounds and flinging a couple of left over arrows. He stationed himself in Baekhyun’s old spot, the dummy nearly gone at this point. Chanyeol smiled sadly, he’d never replaced it.

After he shot the last of the arrows, he felt someone approach him from behind.

 

His senses told him it was dangerous, but when he turned around he found Adrian. He looked...not good. His eyes were bloodshot red and his shoulders slumped. The guy had clearly been through something. Chanyeol could still see some scratches on his face he’d left behind after their tiny fight.

 

“Chanyeol wait-”

 

The demigod had already started to storm off into the other direction. He didn’t want anything to do with Adrian at this point. This entire situation-Prometheus-Baekhyun everything was happening because of him. He could only ever see him as a traitor after this.

 

“No-no you know what I’m not listening to any sorry apology you have planned. How do I know you're working with him? How can I even trust you anymore?” Chanyeol let the demigod run after him.

 

“Just let me explain.”

 

Chanyeol stopped in his tracks. His back was facing Adrian, but he stood silent as if to tell him he could speak.

 

Adrian took a deep breath, “When I got that Iris message from Ezo...it wasn’t-he wasn’t like he usually is.” 

 

Chanyeol turned around, “What do you mean?”

 

“I mean, usually he’s got these glowing yellow eyes and he isn’t himself. Kind of like Jongdae was last year I presume. This time he was himself. He was telling me things-things that Prometheus was planning to do to the camp...to Baekhyun.”

 

Chanyeol was fully paying attention now, “What kind of things?”

 

“Like toture devices, things that were unimaginable, he was going to do much worse. So Ezo...iris messaged me in secret and begged me to give our location.”

 

The son of Zues hesitated, although he knew at this point there was no point fighting with Adrian, clearly in desperation he’d told Ezo their location. He was more interested in how Ezo had snapped back into his senses when it was clear he was under Promtheuses’ spell. 

Now that he thought about it, he always wondered how Oceanus had been able to do that with Jongdae.

 

“We have to go tell Alec,” Chanyeol insisted.

 

“He already knows. I just haven’t been able to tell you. I wanted you to calm down first.”

 

“You think Prometheus is going to do to Baekhyun what he did to Ezo?”

 

Adrian nodded, “It’s a possibility.”

 

Before Chanyeol could speak, he heard a couple of campers rounding up near the middle of the field outside the training grounds.

 

“We have to go, Prometheus is here.”

 

-----------------------------------------

Authors note: I may do a triple update keep your notifs on ;)