Five

Don't Leave Me

5

The little demon, a.k.a Cho Kyuhyun, was standing at the door of the main entrance of the extremely luxurious building that housed all of Choi Enterprises.

It wasn't that he wasn't used to such a display of wealth and elegance . Please, he was a Cho!

But there was definitely something about the aura of the building that turned his stomach. Maybe it was that Choi Enterprises was about to host a historic event: Cho Kyuhyun was going to apologize.

It was a (rare) sunny Tuesday in November and it was almost lunchtime, and so he was carrying in his hands a bento box he had prepared himself.

He moved his hand unconsciously to his eyes but did not find the comforting touch of his glasses in their usual place as his Heechul hyung had forced him to wear the contact lenses he had never taken out of their case. He looked at the entrance again and wondered how feasible it was to return home to eat lunch himself and avoid embarrassment.

But his inner voice, a combination of Hee and his grandfather, told him that this was not feasible and that he had better go inside before his face turned red from the sun. Besides, he wouldn't want to listen to his hyung's lecture if he knew that all the effort he put into beautifying his brother's face and hair was wasted because he stood there like an idiot in front of his fiancé's work.

He walked briskly to the entrance, climbed the steps and smiled in thanks to the doorman who opened the glass door for him.

On his way to the beautiful foyer, multiple employees turned to look at him with frowns and questions. What on earth was a cute student doing in the luxurious compound?

“Hello," Kyuhyun smiled brightly at the woman in the foyer, and avoided with superhuman strength rolling his eyes when the woman saw him and then smiled at him as if he were a boy scout who went to sell cookies.

“Hello, can I help you?" smiled the woman kindly in a motherly way. If there was something Kyuhyun hated, it was being treated like a child, however, he was fully aware of the thousands of benefits that it gave him most of the time, especially when he was a spoiled baby who used his tenderness, in rare but fruitful occasions.

“Yes, I'm looking for Choi Siwon. Is there a chance I can see him?" Kyuhyun was definitely one step away from vomiting at the innocent expression he had to wear to be let in. He could have simply called Siwon to let him pass directly, but he wasn't too sure if the man would allow it. Besides, Cho Kyuhyun didn't ask for permission.

“Oh, well, currently the boss is not seeing anyone... unless you have an appointment," the last was said as if it was a very funny joke that the great Choi Siwon had some issues with a high school kid.

Oh, how wrong the woman was!

As far as Kyuhyun was concerned, he was three months away from being the future young former Mr. Choi, and he would like to reap those benefits as well. And if he screwed over his idiot fiancé in the process, then it was a double win.

“I don't need an appointment," smiled Kyuhyun amused, "I'm his boyfriend, Cho Kyuhyun”.

Silence.

The woman was absolutely silent when she heard the sentence. Perhaps shocked by the fact that a teenager was self-proclaiming to be his boss's lover or perhaps because the teenager in question was one of the heirs to the fashion empire, ChoLine. Maybe both.

“Just a moment," said the woman once she recovered from the shock. True or not, she had no intention of angering a Cho so she picked up the phone and dialed a number hoping for an answer.

“Please, just tell him that his boyfriend is here, I don't want rumors to spread about my name," he murmured in relative silence to the woman, as if their love story were a sacred secret like that of Romeo and Juliet.

The people near the reception who heard Kyuhyun didn't waste a moment to whisper among themselves and probably, when Kyuhyun saw Siwon, the whole building would already know about his arrival. Internally, the little demon was laughing rather amused.

“Sooyoung, this is Taeyeon at the front desk," said Taeyeon on the phone without taking his eyes off the young man who was looking around curiously, "Mr. Choi's boyfriend is here to see you.

On the other end of the line, in the mind of Sooyoung, Siwon's secretary, appeared the nameless young man to whom her boss made her send gifts from time to time. She would finally meet her boss's secret boyfriend!

Not the one she expected, though.

Taeyeon hung up the phone and called Kyuhyun, "Mr. Cho, you can come up right away," she smiled.

“Thank you!" It was easier than I thought. He smiled at her again and headed towards the elevator before turning on his heels and looking at Taeyeon who hadn't let him out of her sight for a second.

^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-

Did you hear? The boss's boyfriend came to see you.

He is Cho Kyuhyun, the youngest Cho son. He's a high school kid.

It's a flower boy, he looks like a porcelain doll.

These and other comments began to circulate as Kyuhyun rode the building's elevator to the top floor to meet his boyfriend with a smile worthy of his nickname, evil maknae. It seems that the gossip in online messaging groups was coming faster than the speed of an elevator.

Eunhyuk had heard from his secretary that a high school boy had introduced himself as Choi Siwon's boyfriend and was coming to see him. As soon as he heard the poorly disguised rumor, the young CDO, immediately ran to the office of the CMO, Yesung.

Yesung was in his office looking intently at his tablet when the door burst open.

“Yah, you idiot monkey!" he shouted angrily when he saw who it was that was bothering him.

But the monkey didn't care about manners “Come right away, this will get interesting” he told him.

Yesung reluctantly left his work and walked out of the office to follow Eunhyuk.

“What's so interesting that you took me off work?" Yesung asked grumpily next to his friend in front of the elevator as Hyuk pressed the button.

“You've been complaining all week about the incredible fight you missed at the reading of the will," Eunhyuk replied, looking him in the eye, "And now you have the chance to see another one," he flashed his rubbery smile.

“What are you talking about?" but Yesung's question could not be answered because the elevator opened and both friends noticed that there was only one person in it.

“Hyungs," Kyuhyun greeted.

“Kyuhyun," Yesung said before Eunhyuk grabbed him by the arm and immediately pulled him into the elevator, "What are you doing here?" he asked as they went upstairs.

“I come to see my sweet fiancé, it's been a week since our last date and I miss him so much” he murmured with a sad and melancholic tone, so that the elders could notice how distressed he was without his fiancé.

Silence.

“You know you don't have to pretend with us, right, Kyuhyun?" said the eldest of them all with his hands in his pockets. If Wookie hadn't told him about Kyuhyun and his tricks to charm everyone, he would definitely believe that the youngest was in love with his best friend.

“The will says we must have a date or at least interactions every week to avoid charity taking everything from us” he snorted annoyed causing the elders to chuckle “So I came obliged by Heenim hyung to bring lunch to Siwon” he lifted the bento box he was carrying in his hands which the elders only just noticed.

Eunhyuk and Yesung, who had been watching Kyuhyun intently, looked at each other. “Heechul lent you that too?" Yesung pointed to the pink hoodie Kyuhyun was wearing.

“He forced me to use it," he replied in a tone that clearly indicated he didn't want to talk about it.

“Does Siwon know you're here?" said Eunhyuk with a mocking glint in his eye.

“Of course not, if I knew I wouldn't even have made it to the lobby, although with all the fuss I made down there he may already know I'm here," he laughed.

Eunhyuk and Yesung burst out laughing.

^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-

“All right, send the contract immediately to the museum.”

When Choi Siwon was behind his huge desk, he projected so much imposing and leadership that everyone complied with his commands without exception. Yes, he used to joke there with his friends but everyone knew that as soon as he went into Siwon COO Mode, his father's right-hand man and future owner, no one dared to joke or loiter in his presence.

That's why Kangin didn't even dare to look at his cell phone when he heard a message coming in.

Kangin replied, taking the contract from Siwon's hands and putting it in his briefcase.

“It's almost time for lunch, would you like to go to Bonamana with us?" asked the COO, getting up from his seat and smoothing his black suit in the process.

Since his fight with Kyuhyun last Friday, Siwon had been a bit testy about everything. No one liked being called a coward by a temperamental teenager.

And his mood didn't improve at all when he remembered that Kibum was going on a school trip on behalf of his university. So now he had a long week ahead of him without his little boyfriend to spoil him when he came home exhausted.

“I’m starving, let's go," said Kangin, finishing arranging his papers and half-rising to follow Siwon.

And then the office landline rang.

“This better be important Sooyoung," growled Siwon, pressing a button and speaking into the loudspeaker.

“Sir, your boyfriend is here to see you," it was impossible not to imagine the secretary half jumping in her seat given the tone in which she mentioned the word boyfriend.

Kangin looked directly at Siwon, immediately thinking of Kyuhyun.

Siwon, he thought happily, had Kibum come unexpectedly for the first time to say goodbye before leaving for weeks.

Big mistake.

Distant voices echoed down the hallway and grew a little louder as they reached the huge door of the COO's office.

There was no knock for permission but rather the door opened revealing first Eunhyuk showing his big rubbery smile, followed by Yesung who had a more discreet smile on his face but looking just as amused as his partner; and finally, through the huge door of Siwon's office, the long, lean figure of a teenage boy walked through showing a young man Siwon did not immediately identify.

The young man in question, had fluffy brown hair in soft locks that fell gracefully over his eyes, his white skin further highlighted his hair as did the pink hoodie he wore giving him an angelic appearance that Siwon thought was adorable.

“Siwonnie!" shouted Kyuhyun happily as he walked through the door and made eye contact with the aforementioned.

And at that precise moment, Siwon recognized the cause of his irritation. “What are you doing here?" he murmured in bewilderment with a distinct frown.

But Kyuhyun ignored him outright, "Kangin hyung, I didn't know you would be here," he smiled looking at his hyung.

“We adults have to work, you evil maknae," smiled Kangin paternally.

“That just shows how old you are hyung," he joked.

Yesung and Eunhyuk laughed earning a stern look from the aforementioned. Instead, Kangin lovingly tousled Kyuhyun's hair.

“Don't push your luck, Kyunnie...”

“What are you doing here?" Siwon repeated in exasperation, seeing how he was being ignored by everyone present.

Finally, Kyuhyun looked into his eyes. He couldn't see anything there, only the brownest pair of eyes he had ever seen now that the little guy wasn't covering them with his glasses.

“Hyungs, I would like to speak to my fiancé alone, please," he said without looking away from Siwon.

To the latter's surprise, the three men obeyed without hesitation.

“Please try not to kill each other," muttered Yesung.

When the door was heard closing Siwon leaned on his desk and looked at Kyuhyun directly.

“What are you doing here?" he said for the third time, and from his tone of voice it seemed that he would not agree to repeat it again.

The brown-haired man looked at him for a couple of seconds more, as if analyzing what to say next.

And just as the major's patience was beginning to wear thin, he finally spoke:

“I didn't have school today, so...I brought you lunch," he held out his arms with the food in his hands and stared at the older man as if daring him to say something.

None of them said anything for a moment. Until...

“Is it poisoned?" muttered Siwon suspiciously with narrowed eyes.

“Yep, I put extra rat poison in it in case the sulfuric acid wasn't enough” Kyuhyun's tone was as if he was talking about the weather or his chores, so the major didn't doubt his veracity.

“Thank you, but the poison makes me sick to my stomach," said the older man as he walked past him, ready to leave the office.

Oh no! Kyuhyun didn't come in vain to humiliate himself at Choi Enterprises just to talk 2 minutes with that idiot Siwon. He didn't put up with all his big brother's speech about being someone mature, he didn't put up with 1 hour of Cherry Heenim fixing his clothes, hair and even eyes just to lose his chance like that.

“I came to apologize” He planned to say it loud and clear, like the ChoLine heir that he is, however, he mumbled it very quietly with all his bravado fizzled out before Siwon could get out.

Siwon stopped dead in his tracks even without turning his face to the younger boy. Had I heard correctly?

“I'm sorry, what?" he turned and stared at the brown-haired man.

Kyuhyun felt the blood rise to his cheeks and knew that Siwon had seen it when a small mocking smile appeared on his face.

“That I came to apologize" he bit off word for word in the lowest possible manner as he averted his gaze to the interesting furniture in the office.

“What?" said Siwon in a mocking tone.

“I CAME TO APOLOGIZE!" shouted the maknae staring at Siwon.

Siwon let out a big laugh that was prolonged when he looked at the pout on Kyuhyun's lips.

When the laughter stopped, Siwon crossed his arms and stared at the younger boy who tried not to look away, "What exactly have you come to apologize for?”

Kyuhyun had come determined to talk properly with Siwon, but the older man's intense black eyes didn't let him concentrate at all, plus being a few inches shorter than Siwon, he had to look up at him, which the brown-haired man didn't like at all. That he just noticed how amazingly good he looked in a suit and tie didn't help either.

He had come with the purpose of chatting like an adult to make Siwon see that he was not a child, that he was mature for his age and that he would not let him manage their relationship as he pleased.

Yes, that was the original plan, but he had just decided to be a spoiled little devil for another day.

“That doesn't matter," muttered Kyuhyun as he threw the lunch to Siwon and Siwon caught it, "I've fulfilled my fiancé duties, so I'll see you next week," he started to take big steps straight to the door. As far as he was concerned, Siwon didn't like his presence much either so better get it over with, Kangin had already seen him, so it counted as a date.

Well, Siwon wanted answers not lunch.

Before Kyuhyun took another step toward the door Siwon stopped him by his arm while holding the lunch in the other hand.

“One second Kyuhyun," he said to the brown while gently pulling him to pay attention to him, which made them closer than they had ever been. For the first time, Siwon noticed the small mole under the younger boy's right eye, like a very fine chocolate sparkle on his face, he also noticed that his hair was not a strong brown, but a light one that with the sun reflections threw lighter sparkles.

They both looked at each other for a few seconds before the younger one spoke, "What?" he said half annoyed.

“Why would you want to apologize?”

Kyuhyun averted his gaze, biting his lower lip in a gesture that Siwon found adorable as the younger boy debated whether to tell him the truth or make up a lie.

“Kyuhyun!”

“I talked to Heechul hyung about our past date," he said annoyed.

“So what?" Siwon frowned. What did his ex-boyfriend have to do with all this lunch and apologies?

“He told me about an incident in the United States when they were all studying there.”

“What incident?" the little demon was unbelievable to the elder's patience.

“When Donghae hyung's boyfriend at the time suddenly lost his scholarship and his apartment”

Siwon remembered that moment. Siwon, Donghae Heechul and Sungmin had studied together in the United States a few years ago. At that time the relationship between his parents and his older brother was not very good since Donghae had applied for medicine and not for business as his parents had instructed him.

The straw that broke the camel's back was when somehow Mr. and Mrs. Choi found out that their eldest son was dating a college scholarship boy. Apparently it was an embarrassment that the eldest son of one of Korea's biggest companies was related to someone inferior to them. They politely asked Donghae to end that relationship, a request that the eldest immediately dismissed.

His parents insisted some more but always got a negative answer.

When his brother's boyfriend was notified that he had lost his scholarship at the university, Siwon, Heechul, Donghae and Sungmin instantly knew who was behind it. But the elder Choi did not obey and offered to lend money to his boyfriend.

Weeks later, the application that had already been approved to do a postgraduate degree with one of the best researchers in the United States was suddenly cancelled and the poor boy was unable to pursue his master's degree. Donghae contacted another renowned researcher.

Donghae and his boyfriend broke up in the boyfriend's apartment when an immediate eviction notice arrived. Everything had a limit, Siwon's parents seemed not to know them, but Donghae's boyfriend understood that they reached theirs: Stay away from Donghae or we will end up ruining your personal and professional life.

Siwon's brother did not speak to his parents for a long time.

And despite everything, Siwon still didn't understand the evil maknae's point. “What does that have to do with your apology?”

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes up to the sky

“I didn't think your parents were so evil as to ruin the lives of people they don't like, and according to your last explanation, you said that your parents want us to get married because I am from a good family. I understood why you hadn't told them about your boyfriend. You wanted to keep him safe from them”

Silence.

“I'm sorry," muttered the brown-haired man lowering his gaze to the ground contrary to the great tone of voice he had used before. This was the first time that the great Cho Kyuhyun apologized willingly to someone, that it was to the hated Choi Siwon did not improve his pride. “You are not a coward, you are...” Kyuhyun looked up when he didn't hear a word from the elder who only looked at him without any expression “...you are I don't know what you are but you are certainly not a coward as I told you”.

The maknae abruptly released his arm from Siwon's grip who seemed to awaken from the trance he had been in.

A small smile unintentionally appeared on the major's face.

When he told Yesung and Eunhyuk about Kibum and his new relationship, they both looked at him with compassion and a touch of pity. They had not been in America to witness the mess his parents made, but they had witnessed when other Donghae suitors were mistreated and humiliated by their employers. Eunhyuk had been healing the wounds this had left on Donghae and the latter had been extra cautious when they started their relationship, he knew his parents loved Hyuk, but he didn't want to risk another broken heart, especially when he knew he would never recover from this one.

That Siwon was in the same footsteps as his brother despite knowing well the consequences could only generate sympathy for his friends. They waited patiently for the moment when Siwon would arrive with a broken heart, especially when he had concentrated and tried his best to make his parents happy.

And now he was in front of this teenager, one who hadn't hesitated for a second to insult him and let him know his thoughts on what an idiot he thought he was. But that same teenager had brought him lunch and an apology. He understood his situation and his fears, he had looked at him not with pity and sympathy, but with empathy, as if he himself knew what it was like to be afraid of having loved ones hurt and then wanted to protect them.

“Stop doing that weird thing and eat what I brought.”

Yes, Kyuhyun was perfect for breaking moments.

The older man sat down on one of the armchairs under the watchful eye of the younger man who had crossed his arms tightly. Siwon opened the container full of excellent looking food, picked up the chopsticks and took an egg roll. He examined it closely as if looking for any flaws, which made Kyuhyun growl internally and approached ready to take the food from Siwon.

The older man put the roll in his mouth when Kyuhyun was seconds away from snatching the bento causing the younger man to stop immediately.

Siwon chewed slowly with his eyes closed. Kyuhyun looked down at him from above with a frown. If this idiot dared to insult the cuisine he so diligently learned from his mother, Leeteuk and the Cho family chef, he personally would....

“It's delicious”.

The junior's thoughts were abruptly halted as he watched Siwon take another roll of the egg and eat it with vehemence.

“Of course" he said, pretending not to be surprised.

He watched Siwon take another mouthful until Siwon spoke again:

“And don't tell my employees that you are my boyfriend," he said half annoyed without stopping eating.

Kyuhyun smiled a little, "As far as I'm concerned, I'm your fiancé and I can do whatever I want," he said smugly. Dare to say otherwise, Choi.

But the retort never came, instead Siwon ate fervently “Next time put more rat poison in it, I couldn't feel it at all”

Until the day he died, Kyuhyun would deny that he let out a small and very clear laugh that was most amusing. Cho Kyuhyun was not laughing WITH Siwon, it was just a snort resembling a chuckle.

“Maybe now I'll put some cockroach poison in it. I feel like experimenting”

The poorly hidden smile between the younger boy's pink cheeks gave Siwon the idea that maybe, just maybe, Kyuhyun wouldn't be such a bad husband after all.

“Don't forget to invite me," he replied.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I RETURNED

A thousand apologies for taking ages to update. Finally my semester is over and I was able to sit down and continue writing.

I hope you liked the new chapter.

Thank you soooo much for the comments!! ^^

FACT: I LOVE SOOOOOOO MUCH Kyuhyun's mole, it's the most adorable little thing in the world and I hate that it covers it up.

See you ^^