Three

Don't Leave Me

3

Grandpa Cho has died. He did so quietly while taking a midday nap.

That's what the message that came to Kyuhyun on Thursday morning in his literature class said.

Changmin, his best friend who sat behind him, watched how Kyuhyun's back suddenly tightened.

He discreetly approached him to puncture his back with a pencil to get his attention.

Kyuhyun turned around with a blank face. Changmin was surprised when he read the text his friend was showing him on his cell phone, then the brunette turned to his left and whispered to Minho. He turned around interested in any distraction that would wake him up from the boring class and read the message immediately. His eyes opened and he looked at Kyu with a sad look.

Then a secretary came to interrupt the class to ask Kyuhyun to pick up his things because his mother had come for him.

When Kyuhyun and his family arrived where they had last dined on Monday, Grandpa Cho was already being covered by Dr. Donghae who had arrived first.

The funeral was held a day later.

All the great families of Korea went to say goodbye to the famous Cho Dong Hwan, the last of the original great businessmen.

Kyuhyun, Heechul, Sungmin and their parents launched into prayers for their father and grandfather hoping that he could finally be reunited with his wife and best friends, the Choi.

Kyuhyun and Heechul supported each other. Not that they were particularly close to their grandfather, but he was still part of their family and it hurt to know that they would never see him again.

In the end, Grandpa didn't see his oldest grandson married, and he didn't know his great-grandchildren. Heechul thought with regret.

Contrary to the expectations of the youngest, the Cho family lawyer summoned them all to the reading of the will just 7 days later. Mr. Dong Hwan's explicit orders, the lawyer had said.

So there they were again, all gathered in the dining room of the grandfather's house, only this time the old man's place was taken by two chairs, one for the Cho's lawyer, Park Jung Soo, and the other for the Choi's lawyer, Kim Young Woon.

That's right, the Chois were also there.

Kyuhyun felt an inexplicable urge to vomit since he sat in his usual place.

"The reason why Mr. Kim will accompany me in reading Cho Dong Hwan's testament will be said soon," said Jung Soo, also known as Leeteuk. He and his husband, Young Woon also called Kangin, had recently supplanted the old lawyers. Mr. Cho's explicit orders as well.

Kyuhyun knew them from the times he had gone to ChoLine. They were nice, Teuk hyung, treated him like a son and was always worried about his health, Kangin hyung always gave him candies when nobody noticed.

The reading of the will began then.

His father, became officially the owner and CEO of ChoLine, his aunt would manage the fashion house located in the United States. Although it was a very high position, it meant that she and her family would have to leave for America, which made Kyuhyun sad, as he would no longer see his cousin or his wife.

The will continued with the distribution of the man's material goods to each and every one of his grandchildren. Heechul now owned the Victorian house outside Seoul, Kyuhyun would keep the luxurious apartment in the center of the city and Sungmin would own the house in America.

Everyone smiled silently when Leeteuk read about the message given to Sa Eun and Hangeng: make his grandchildren happy and stay by his side.

Kyuhyun was happy, now he owned a luxurious apartment in one of the most exclusive areas of Seoul and the family meetings were finally over.

But as always, that happiness had to be broken.

"There are some small conditions to be met so that all this can be handed over to the new owners," announced Leeteuk with a tense smile on his face.

No one spoke, so lawyer Kangin took it as a sign to start talking about his presence. "When Mr. Choi Byeong Ok passed away, he also left some conditions in his will.

"Conditions that we never knew why we didn't read them," said Mr. Choi.

"That is because your father specified that they should only be read if there was a particular occasion," continued Kangin tensely. Oh, this family didn't know what was waiting for them.

"And what occasion is that?" asked Ms. Choi.

Kangin cleared his throat. "Once both Choi Byeong Ok and Cho Dong Hwan had passed away.”

A collective sigh was heard.

But of course the elders had coordinated their ing wills, Kyuhyun thought.

"Well, that's happened now, so what's next?" asked his aunt.

Kangin took out a document from his briefcase, stood up from his seat and began to read: "`I, Choi Byeong Ok, remember when I met my best friend Cho Dong Hwan...’" but was interrupted by an ahh full of discomfort, many blows to the forehead and eyes up to the sky.

"We already know that"

"Get to the point"

"Those old men really needed more friendships."

These were some of the things said in view of the famous story of the friends.

It wasn't possible for them to hear it even when both men were already dead.

"Fine, fine, I'll go on to the next thing" snorted the lawyer angrily, turned to clear his throat and continued "`Since I couldn't see my dream come true when I was alive, I hope to see it come true from the beyond. My only wish as patriarch of the Choi family is to know that my family will join the Cho family in a unique legal bond once I am dead.’"

Kyuhyun turned to see his brother who was sitting next to him. Both brothers looked at each other without understanding. Heechul had a bad feeling about this.

"`The bond I speak of is the most sacred, it is the union of body and soul, this bond is marriage’" Kangin stopped reading to see the reactions of both families.

All, without exception, had a scowl and a big question mark written on their faces.

They are so stupid, Kangin thought.

"What marriage?" asked Mr. Cho.

The lawyer sighed and continued to read, "`Dong Hwan and I failed to get our children married to someone from the other family. So the promise we made in our youth falls on our grandchildren.’"

Kyuhyun was the smartest in his class and in the whole school, sometimes even smarter than his teachers, and that intelligence was actually giving him the creeps when he understood where the issue was headed.

"`A grandson of mine will have to marry a grandson of Cho Dong Hwan in order to fully inherit my property. If not, all my goods will be sold, the money obtained will be donated to charity’" Kangin made another pause to measure the family's reactions. He hoped that they wouldn't be so foolish as not to understand the condition.

Indeed, they weren't that stupid.

"WHAT!" exclaimed all the young people present at the edge of their seats, literally and figuratively.

The whole room was in chaos. Shouts and screams could be heard in the room, young and old talking non-stop.

"That old man is crazy!" said someone.

"I can't believe the level of obsession with this ing family!" cried another hysterically.

"If they wanted a marriage so badly they would have married each other," mumbled someone else.

"You're probably making this up," said Mr. Choi as he snatched his father's will from the lawyer and began to read it quickly.

It seemed that the shouting would never stop so Leeteuk got up from his seat and shouted "Shut up!"

Immediately everyone did.

"Thank you," murmured Kangin, taking the will roughly into his hands again. He cleared his throat and continued, "`My candidates for this union were my grandson Choi Siwon and Dong Hwan's eldest grandson, Cho Heechul...’" They visibly tensed up. Heechul was about to protest but Kangin interrupted him. "`To my regret, both have decided to end their relationship, so I left the election to my dear friend Cho Dong Hwan’" he finished reading.

Leeteuk silenced everyone before the scandal began again and continued to read the will of the old Cho "`Like my old friend, my desire is to know that I have left this world with the secure union of our families. If this marriage doesn't take place, everything in this testament will be annulled. My assets will be sold and the proceeds donated to charity. "

"That old son of a ," said the youngest daughter of the deceased to everyone's surprise, although everyone shared the feeling.

Leeteuk went on to read "`Because I lived longer than my old friend, I have seen how our families have developed and have recently acquired the knowledge necessary to make a good marriage between our families…’ "

Kyuhyun's palms were sweating intensely, again his intelligence made him predict future events.

His grandfather spoke of newly acquired knowledge. Knowledge that everyone had given from his own mouth on Monday at dinner.

Heechul was committed to Hangeng.

Sungmin was married to Sa Eun.

Donghae was married to Eunhyuk.

Minho was in a relationship with Lee Taemin.

That meant that the only candidates for marriage were...

No, please, please noooo, thought Kyuhyun in panic.

"`In order for my assets to be transferred completely to my family, and for Choi Byeong Ok's assets to be transferred completely to his family, Cho Kyuhyun and Choi Siwon must join their lives in marriage’ ".

Everyone in the room was speechless. Not a single sound was heard, Leeteuk and Kangin were now decidedly concerned about the lack of reaction. At least until...

"I'm not going to marry him!" shouted the aforementioned, both standing up from their seats and staring at the lawyer.

All hell broke loose again.

Everyone got up from their seats and began to argue.

Kangin and Leeteuk argued nicely with the not-so-nice and screaming parents and uncles of those involved. Heechul and Sungmin would yell at Siwon while being held by their fiancé and wife so that they wouldn't jump over the table and do something stupid. Eunhyuk and Donghae responded to the attacks of the Cho cousins as Siwon seemed to be mute. Minho immediately called Changmin.

Siwon kept seeing Kyuhyun who in turn kept seeing the table.

How could these decrepit old men dare to deny their families what they had built?

How did that bastard dare to tell Cho Kyuhyun what to do?

If there was one person that Kyuhyun hated, it was Choi Siwon.

The man had always acted arrogantly around him even since he was a child. Always with his attitude of an unreachable man that forbade him to even look at him. Always irresponsible, stubborn and spoiled.

The useless man who had broken his beloved brother's heart.

If it weren't for Minho, Kyuhyun would never have spoken to the horrible Choi family.

He looked up and met Choi Siwon's black eyes for the first time. The man looked at him as if he were the most horrible being on the planet.

"I'm not going to marry a child like you!" Siwon said disgustedly.

"I'm not going to marry a fool like you!" Kyuhyun answered angrily.

"How does that old man expect me to marry someone as ugly as you?

Kyuhyun knew that he didn't have half the beauty Heechul had. His eyes were big and brown, his skin wasn't soft because of his teenage years, his hair was a complete mess, his body was too thin and his glasses were not attractive at all. But he had something better than that. Cho Kyuhyun had a brain. Yes, he loved his brother and knew that he was very intelligent, but if he were born again a thousand times, a thousand times he would choose to have his intelligence again rather than get his brother's face.

Unlike Siwon, who had nothing to show for it but his ridiculous dimpled smile and incredible ability to be an idiot.

Kyuhyun also had something else, he had an incredibly sharp tongue and was also a nerd.

"How did Grandpa think I could marry a man with a brain smaller than an electron?"

Kyuhyun smiled wryly when Siwon frowned at his clear lack of understanding of what the younger man had said.

Heechul, Sungmin, Hangeng, Sa Eun, Donghae, Eunhyuk, Minho and even Changmin, who watched everything on videocall, stopped screaming when they noticed the small exchange between Siwon and Kyuhyun.

"You are nothing but a spoiled, petulant little boy" roared the older one with a surly look.

"You are nothing but a cowardly idiot without a brain or a heart" the spoiled and petulant little boy returned viciously.

"You little piece of..." but the cowardly idiot without a brain or heart was able to finish his sentence.

"Stop insulting my little brother!" roared Cho Heechul like a lion, and then jumped up on the table to punch Siwon.

Kangin, who had seen the jump and the punch, couldn't but think that he had definitely chosen the right career. He also thought that Yesung would be very upset about missing all the curses and punches.

----------

Well, they finally meet each other and they also already known what comes next. 

Thank you so much for your comments ^^

Hope you enjoy this update. Please let me know what do you think ^^