Prologue

Don't Leave Me

Choi's private offices were one of the most private places in all of South Korea. There, the most important matters of the company were dealt with, such as the purchase and sale of shares, and the top management met to decide the next step of the corporation, the planning and launching of the following products, etc.

Right now it was the place for the discussion of the state of the Choi couple.

A 6-year marriage between the current president of Choi Enterprises, Choi Siwon, and his young husband Choi Kyuhyun

Those mentioned were seated on opposite sides of the huge table in the center of the room, each flanked by their respective lawyers.

Kyuhyun, finely dressed in a black suit, fiddled with the pen in his hands as he directed his gaze at his husband, a future ex-husband.

Siwon, wearing an elegant navy blue suit, looked back at him deeply, wondering how long it would be before his husband would turn his gaze with his blushing cheeks as he once did.

“All my client is asking for is a simple, uncomplicated divorce," said Leeteuk, Kyuhyun's lead attorney. "He is willing to give up 50% of his compensation, which is what he is legally entitled to, and he is also not asking for pension once the divorce is complete”.

“Yes, well, my client doesn't want a divorce," announced Kangin, Siwon's lead lawyer.

“Why not?" asked Leeteuk, "It's a good deal, with no drama or scandal to feed the reporters.

“I'm not signing any divorce," said Siwon, surprising everyone. His hands gathered in front of him as he placed his elbows on the table and looked at him intently “I don't want to give you a divorce so you can marry Seunghyun”

“Then you can go on with your lover but I can't go on with my life?" asked Kyuhyun with the now forgotten pen between his fingers.

“How many times do I have to tell you that Kibum is not my lover?” Siwon's eyes showed anger and sadness. How is it that Kyuhyun believed that he had something with Kibum when Kyuhyun was his beloved husband?

"Sure, say it until you believe it”. No matter that five years had passed since he saw that scene in Siwon's office, it still had the power to break his heart into a thousand pieces just by remembering it.

A tense silence followed that sentence. Kyuhyun and Siwon stared at each other, Siwon thinking about how to avoid his divorce and Kyuhyun thinking about how long he would have to continue to endure this torture.

"Leeteuk, Kangin," Siwon called to the lawyers, who looked back at him. "Please leave us alone. Although it sounded like a request, both lawyers knew that this was the tone Siwon used when he said an order.

Despite this, both elders looked at each other for a short time wondering if it was wise to leave their dongsaengs alone.

“If you have something to say, just say it” Kyuhyun was not willing to be alone with his husband. To tell you the truth, he didn't know if he would be able to control himself if he talked to him alone. He didn't want to know.

“Kyu” Siwon gave him a pleading look when he called him that way. Until now, Kyuhyun never let anyone call him "Kyu", neither his parents nor his friends, much less Seunghyun. That was Siwon's privilege alone. And he knew that.

“We'll call you back in a moment" the younger man was surprised when those words came out of his mouth. Years later, he was still doing everything Siwon wanted. !

Both lawyers saw their respective clients and friends for a moment before getting up from their seats and heading for the exit, not before giving their friends one last worried look.

And then only the youngest and the oldest were there, Kyuhyun and Siwon, both with their hearts in a thousand pieces but for different reasons.

-----------

Please let me know what do you think :)

See u ^^