A Good Day To Be Me

Cupid Screwed Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

08. A Good Day To Be Me

"You believe us, right?" Sehun asks her for the third time that day. Leah passes him a smile and nods. "Why do you believe us now?"

 

Leah blinks, because she doesn't know the answer to that question. So she tells him just that. "I don't know, Sehun."

 

Sehun stares at her for three more seconds, a disbelief sparking in his pitch black eyes. Leah knows just like she took the time to trust their words and believe in their world, Sehun too will take his time to buy her consent. She learnt it the difficult way that the two of them are very same. Perhaps she's not as cool as Sehun but their brains work at almost a same pace. He sits back on his chair, looking around as an awkward silence settles down in between the two of them.

 

Leah doesn't bother to break it, she doesn't want to. There is a constant fear that if the two of them talk, there will be another argument and a couple sleepless nights will follow with them barking on the phone and trying to prove themselves right. That is why Leah prefers this silence very much. Her eyes swallow the information of the book on the table in between. However, every now and then, her brain rolls back to the time when Kyungsoo was called to the principal's office. He isn't back yet and Leah thinks that teachers are finally done with Kyungsoo sleeping in their classes and that is why they filed a complaint. She is worried, and bothered, to say the least.

 

She looks over her shoulder to see Chanyeol and Baekhyun choosing what to eat from the menu board beside the counters. A sudden thought crosses her mind and she snaps her head to Sehun who flinches because he had been staring at her. Both blush but Sehun leans against the table, getting over it, ready to listen to her.

 

"What is your favorite food?" Leah asks him in all seriousness.

 

A smirk lights up his face, "Are you going to treat us because we beat Hendery up the other day?"

 

"Well, you deserve a treat," Leah smiles, "But it's not for that. I just think that we shouldn't eat these junk foods every other day. It's not good for our health and Chanyeol also has a hard time choosing from that menu board." That's true, he usually spends half an hour standing on that same spot, choosing. Baekhyun usually brings his own tiffin, it's mostly oreo everyday.

 

"What's the point?"

 

"I'm going to cook for you," Leah says with a simple shrug, like it's the most normal thing in the world to do for her friends--boyfriends--no, friends everyday. Sehun's eyes widens lightly, as if impressed and she just feels a weird satisfaction spurt in her stomach. "I'm really good at it, I swear," she brags with a grin.

 

"Are you trying to make me jealous?" He asks. Leah narrows her eyes at him, in confusion. "Don't rub it in my face that I can't cook."

 

Leah nods, "You must be so lucky to have me," she throws in the remark and Sehun makes a face at her. Alright, she won't lie. Leah actually likes Sehun a lot. Perhaps more than the rest, just a tad bit but they all are at almost the same level. She has to make it equal for all of them but yes, she does like Sehun a lot. Whenever his manly aura slips and comes out a clumsy twenty-year-old who trips on sidewalks and drops his phone on his face, Leah just feels really lucky to see him in those moments because she can have a good laugh at his embarrassed face.

 

Tired from the day's studies, she decides to catch some sleep. Lowering her head in her arms, she looks up at Sehun with her half-lidded eyes. "Have you heard from Hendery?"

 

Sehun huffs, "Like I want to."

 

"You only broke his arm, right?" she asks.

 

Sehun rolls his eyes before pushing her head down forcefully. "Sleep," he says, avoiding the talk.

 

That just means they broke more than an arm.

 

Leah wasn't expecting any less than that given that Baekhyun just broke Hendery's nose with one blow of his fist. And she is secretly happier now that she knows it wasn't only the arm. Hendery hasn't come to the university in a month now and rumor has it that he is in the hospital. The reasons are fairly unknown because Hendery doesn't want to disclose them to anyone. But Leah knows the guys had threatened him not to or else he'll have to spend another month in that same hospital. He might just die this time.

 

As Leah closes her eyes, she feels Baekhyun's presence beside her. She can tell them apart. "Chanyeol's buying," he happily slaps the table.

 

"But you're eating the oreo anyway," Sehun grumbles.

 

"I'm not," Baekhyun argues in a whiny voice. Leah can feel him throwing his legs under the table at the mention of his oreo. Sehun's fingers comb through her hair and Leah feels the rough fingertips graze her arm. An electric shock runs down her body and she knows Sehun feels it too because he stops for a second and does it again. His pointer twirls a piece of her hair.

 

"Mm," Leah complains, pushing his hand away but Sehun just chuckles and places his chin on his elbows, copying her position. Their eyes meet and Leah knows this is the closest their faces have ever been. There is a space of a width of a finger in between their noses. Leah pushes her face away from his, just a little. Only for him to move closer again. She smiles, hiding her face in her arms, closing her eyes.

 

"Jeon."

 

"What?" she mumbles against her arm.

 

"Can I take you somewhere tomorrow?"

 

"No," she says. "I've got homework."

 

"Lame excuse," Sehun chuckles softly. Leah feels his fingers on her hair again. This times, the touch brings her more sleep than anything else. However, a pitched gasp cuts off her peace. She loses Sehun's caress and instantly looks up because that's how triggered she becomes. Sehun sighs, looking behind Leah. Baekhyun slams the biology book down as if already annoyed.

 

Now, Leah is really scared to turn around.

 

"I thought you--Leah, how could you?!"

 

She immediately recognizes Soojin's voice. Leah turns to her with a panicked expression. How is she going to explain why she was sitting at the same table with her obsession? Soojin is fuming, a disappointed look on her face, mixed with anger and betrayal. The whole cafeteria was look at them and Leah felt extremely embarrassed. 

 

"Uh, Soojin," but Baekhyun came to her rescue. Like always. "Soojin, please sit down with us. Let's talk it out." Soojin looks back and forth from Sehun and Leah. Leah just hates the fact that she is distracted by the gun drawn on her hips imaculately with black ink even when they are in such a tight situation. She admits it to herself for the hundredth time that she has a secret crush on Soojin. She is so very extra, like making it a point to not wear her bra and curling the blonde strands of hair around her face every ing day. But she looks so very undeniably gorgeous, Leah knows Sehun would probably not look her way twice when Soojin existed if not for the mate-thing binding them together.

 

Soojin is furious but she still sits down beside Sehun to hear the explanation. Sehun tries to slip away from the table, givin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter