Things Go Wonderfully Right

Cupid Screwed Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

03. Things Go Wonderfully Right (or horribly wrong)

"--Kindly, please check the pinboards in your area. In case you do find your name there, you are requested to assemble in the Neptune Hall for your first team meeting. Thank you and best regards."
 

 

The announcement blares in the classroom, cutting off the lecture of the professor who seems annoyed by the intervention. But all Leah can think is that, that's Hendery's voice. Damn.


 

Most males in the classroom nonchalantly leave their seats, not having a care for the man who has been trying to teach them for about one hour now. Leah watches as the class clears out gradually, leaving only Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and her on the seats along with some other girls. Chanyeol springs up from behind her, tapping her shoulder. "You coming?" He asks.


 

Leah makes a face at him, "You think I got selected?"


 

"You might," Sehun shrugs, leaning against her desk and poking Baekhyun's hair. The guy clicks his tongue, slapping Sehun's hand away and going back to scribbling down the notes. "I don't know, your nice guy might have added you to the list," he continues. Chanyeol chuckles, shaking Kyungsoo up from his sleep.


 

"What is your problem with Hendery?" Leah hisses at Chanyeol and Sehun and the two guys just laugh at her face.


 

"I'll hate that tangled umbilical cord if my name isn't there on the list," Kyungsoo yawns, covering his mouth with his hand. Leah narrows her eyes at the nickname he has given to Hendery. What the . falls open at the creaitivity. Kyungsoo did say he wasn't staring at her the first day unlike the rest of her mates because the notes looked more important than her. Pretty serious about studies, but then he would come to class and fall asleep. 


 

"Alright, guys. Let's go," Baekhyun slaps his books down one by one, seemingly having completed the whole classwork and then Leah watches them scurry away.
 

 

The teacher heaves a hopeless sigh, as if he already knows they don't care about him, neither do they care about the study of relay neurones on the white board. Leah feels bad for him, but she will be lying if she says she hasn't been trying her best to force her attention on his lecture. She felt good it had ended fast. Well, thanks to Hendery and his absolutely amazing timing.


 

Leah looks at her palm, uncurling her fingers. If not for Kyungsoo's sweaty hand, the numbers that had been on her palm would probably be in her contact list. With the name Hendery and three hearts after that. But she can't hate Kyungsoo for it. It is true that she likes Hendery but the way everything seems rushed doesn't sit well with her; like him talking to her for only the second time but giving his phone number to her. However, it is also true if two people feel the same about each other, jumping into labels is not wrong. She read that somewhere on Pinterest.


 

Zipping her sachel, Leah quietly stands up. On the way, she stops and turns around, worried that the guys left something behind. Especially Baekhyun; he can be very clumsy and careless. True to her thoughts, she finds a pencil bag on Baekhyun's desk. Leah picks it up, frowning at the sharp end of the compass poking a hole through the material of the tubular bag. She fixes it and puts the bag inside hers.

 

On the way towards the canteen, she bumps into none other than Soojin. Leah stands her ground this time, not flying off the floor and making a scene out of herself. But she does stumble back a bit. Soojin flips her hair like those bad es in TV serials. Leah doesn't hate her, more so, she thinks Soojin is actually very pretty. Nice curvy body, long silky hair, a tattoo on her hip, shiny tan skin. That's so damn y. 

 

"Hi," Leah awkwardly waves at her.

 

Soojin frowns. That's y too, Leah thinks. Maybe she will not like to be friends with a shabby blonde weirdo so there's an aura of superiority around Soojin; also there is this fact in the back of Leah's head that this girl's been speading false rumors about Sehun and that definitely keeps her from saying more than a hi. 

 

She is supposed to just brush Leah off, right? But, she doesn't. Instead, Soojin grabs her arm and starts walking her backwards. "Woah, woah, woah," Leah tries to break out of her fingers but Soojin is definitely stronger than her. Leah starts panicking, "Hey!" she calls out to Soojin and her queries don't stop until they reach an empty classroom.

 

"You trecherous snake!"

 

Woo. y vocabulary.

 

"You have three guys tailing after you and you still go for Sehun, you're such a !" Soojin spits at her. Leah scowls at the accusation. "At least let one of them go, selfish witch!"

 

Leah rolls her eyes. "I didn't ask for their attention, excuse me," she tries to break free from Soojin but she is standing right in front of the door with her hands on her hips. She has a navel piercing too. Again, smexy. Soojin takes two step towards her, pinning her against the desk. Leah is on her toes with eyes wide, trying to move away from Soojin's intimidating face. She almost starts slipping into a sitting position on the desk.

 

"Of course you asked for it. You think Sehun will give you his attention just because? You delusional --"

 

"It's actually complicated," Leah sighs, cutting in. The name calling doesn't affect her much but the accusations are wrong. She didn't seize her boyfriend or whatever from her; Leah herself is the victim if they put it that way, not the villain. "Look, Soojin. It's complicated. Like, hella complicated," Leah juts her palms into the air to stop Soojin, now comfortably sliding into a comfortable sitting position on the desk. A sudden idea pops in her head.

 

"We're just friends," Leah starts, shrugging. "He's not my boyfriend or anything. None of the boys are. You should take my advise and go tell him you like him or something and mend whatever's in between you, you know," Leah picks up Sehun's infamous common-sense tone and it weirdly seems to be working on Soojin.

 

Soojin looks like she is a little taken aback but at least she's listening. "You're saying that?" she softly asks, pointing her index finger at Leah with eyebrows raised.

 

Leah enthusiastically nods, "You should go to him instead of spreading those false rumors about him. Sehun's a good guy, I bet you know that better than me. Right?"

 

Soojin nods silently, "Yeah but, why do you think he'll take me back or anything?"

 

"Oh, Soojin, Soojin, Soojin," Leah slides down from the desk, touching Soojin's shoulder with both her palms. Soojin blinks at her, as if actually taking this advice. Woo, it's easy then. "Soojin, look at you. So pretty. From your toes to her head, drop-dead gorgeous. Heck, even I want to date you sometimes." Soojin's face curls up and makes Leah nervously chuckle. "Of course Sehun will accept you. Who wouldn't?"

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Yes. If you want I could marinate the confession for you," Leah suggests. Soojin curiously raises her brows now, letting Leah drape an arm over her shoulder and lead themselves outside. "Like, tell him you're good at this and that. And that you're actually a great girl un

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter