Have We Met Before?

Kkubiologist Park
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just a short oneshot I wrote about 2 hours ago

 



“One large espresso for Miyawaki Sakura!”

The Japanese waitress walked to the table and placed her order. 

Not before launching an attack at her friend by calling her full name.

“You're annoying”, Sakura hissed at the barista.

“And you adore me still”, Nanami winked.

Sakura rolled her eyes and Nanami walked back into the kitchen.

 

Sakura, as usual, took out her book and looked out the window.

It was raining heavily when she arrived at the cafe but it seems the cloud got kicked away by some whoever Greek god up there making the heavy rain calm down.

The rain subsided and the droplets are more visible now. If she counts it by her superior eyes, it would come to 300 drops per minute. Give or take 100% of calculation errors.


 

The soft whiff of vapor comes into her view as she realises she's been staring out the window for long. She chuckled to herself and picked it up. Blowing on it softly before sipping bit by bit.

The book on her right hand is being flipped on handedly, lines of words in view.

With her hands full, Sakura thinks that nothing can hold a candle to what she's feeling now.

Everything's so relaxing and time feels suffocated happily with calmness and peace.

At least the air around her tasted of serenity and tranquility.


 

A couple sat at the table in front of her and they were welcomed by the new friendly waitress. If she pinches her brain hard enough, she thinks the name is Eliah. Eliyah. Aliyah. Whichever suits her anyway.

The couple engaged in a heavy conversation that somehow makes the usually ignorant Sakura to be a bit interested. She doesn't know why. But she just has the urge to know.

 

The airpods in her pocket was left forgotten as she *accidentally* overheard the conversation going on between the couple. Something along the line sounds like they're planning for their marriage. Good for them. 

 

Their eyes met and it felt like she's been here before. The familiar eyes are looking for light in hers and she's looking for a bit of memories in hers.

The air of longing cast over her face and her shadow on the floor. Sakura stares as the shadow looks lonely. It's hard to say but staring at the girl's shadow somehow tells her that she's like her too. Confused, longing, lonely and wondering.

 

You sat down right at the corner of my table

I don't know what it is but I swear I'm feeling déjà vu

Black cup of coffee and a book you're skimming over

You're a stranger but feel closer and when I'm looking at you


 

Whatever, Sakura has to finish this book before the movie gets released. She just had the chance to get her hands on this masterpiece after almost a year of procrastination and also a very busy life.

 

They said the corner of your eyes are the most sensitive parts. What you see could be 100% real and for this Eunbi knows it is real.

The girl sitting alone near the window seat with a cup of coffee on hand and another flipping a book, Eunbi knows she's watching her.

Not the creepy way but there could be something on her face or she is just that attractive to make the stranger keep glancing at her from time to time.

She doesn't think the stranger really focuses on her books anyway.

 

It should be creepy but the girl felt so familiar to her. If she hadn't known her by memory, she might have known her by heart. For her heart is feeling things that her kind can't comprehend the meaning.

 

“Baby, are you listening?” Her fiancé asked. Eunbi struggled to find proper words and her linguistic skills went out of the cafeteria’s roof

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter