A Little Thing Called Love

Kkubiologist Park
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“There's a little thing called love”

 

**********

A cute little girl with a pink bow on her hair was squirming from all the affection her parents were giving her. Don’t get her wrong, she likes kisses but her Mama is making her dress wrinkly and she should look neat at school.

 

“Go go you pink flower!” Her elder sister pushed her. Today is her first day at school. She likes school. Or so she thinks..

“Bye bye monkey unnie, bye bye Papa, bye bye Mama” she waved as her family walked away. She wonders why her sister suddenly wants to send her to school. But whatever, at least she got candies in her lunch box. Credit to her sister.

 

Her teacher waved at her and all her attention fell onto the pretty face of Miss Bae. Her parents and her had met the pretty lady during their registration day. The lady turned out to be her teacher. And of course she is very happy knowing this. 

Secretly (don’t tell anyone about this okay) she thinks that Miss Bae should be on tv rather than school. All the people on the tv are pretty. Especially her favourite girl group, Redeu Belbet. But again, whatever~ 

 

Her cheerful little hops were distracted when loud footsteps or more like running steps came from her side. There was a girl running into the school and slammed onto Miss Bae’s legs. 

She was shocked but seeing MissBae laughing at it, she thought that it was fun. And so, she ran towards her teacher and did the same thing as the running girl did.

 

The two girls engulfed their teacher and lifted their head in unison, greeting the wonderful teacher. “Good Morning Miss Bae!”

The beautiful teacher laughed again and took their hands towards their class. 

The school is unique. More like VERY unique. There are only a few students at the school. Probably because the author of this story wants to cut down the casting budget and only focus on a few characters. But alas, the two girls (who still did not know of each other) were in the same class. Of course they would~

 

“Okay now let’s do some ice breaking shall we?” Miss Bae told them. Only thing is…

“Miss Bae.. there is no ice here” she said.

“Ahh… it’s just.. an.. urmm…” Miss Bae’s mind went “....” thinking on how to explain it. But luckily, she got a genius student in her class.

“It’s just a metaphor,” the pink bow girl said.

The other kid just nodded her head “Ooo… What is ‘a metaphor’?”

And the pink bow girl shrugged. “It’s a bit complicated to explain. But my sister said you can find the meaning in the thick dictionary. One that you won’t really use”

The other kid was amazed at this pink girl. Mayhaps they could be friends. After all they’re the only kids in their class. (Because I said so)

 

“You smart. I like you. I want to be friends with you. I am Eunbi. I’m also smart like you but I just don’t know what metaphor means” the other kid, Eunbi, offered her hand for a handshake. 

The pink bow girl’s cheek blushed and she took her hand “I am Sakura. And I think I like you too,” she bowed.

Miss Bae was left stunned due to the impromptu ice breaking. “I guess ice already broken~”


 

The rest of the day was spent with them taken to a tour around the school and Sakura thinks she knows where she will go the most. There’s a big magical box that will give you what you want at the hallway. All you need to do is just shove some money or coins and then make a wish on what you want to have. (It's called vending machine you cute babies)

 

Sakura knows what she wants. It’s that popcorn that was put on the highest row. Miss Shon, her other teacher, said that popcorn was put there because it’s a holy food. Sakura doesn't really know what holy means but Eunbi said it’s in the Christmas song. “Tis the season to be holy falalala lalalala~” (Uhm I'm pretty sure the lyrics went by jolly not holy, Eunbi....)

Sakura knows why Eunbi and her are friends. It’s because they’re both smart. 

 

On the way back to their class, Sakura dropped a few popcorn and Eunbi was quick to pick it up and eat it. Miss Bae told Eunbi to spit it out but Sakura reassures Eunbi that “It’s okay. As long as you don’t leave it alone for more than 3 seconds, they are safe. Bacteria cannot run fast.”

Again, smart Sakura mesmerised Eunbi. “What is bacteria?”

“Yujin said bacteria is a creature that loves to steal people’s food and also loves to punch your stomach. They will make your stomach feel funny and then you have to go poo poo or you die” Sakura explained. 

Her sister, Yujin surely taught her lots of things. Especially the one time when she taught Sakura to just wash her eyes and brush her teeth to pretend that she already took a bath. 

 

But Sakura never does that. She loves bathing, so she doesn't get why Yujin hates it so much. Probably because Yujin is not a good friend with the water”

“You are so smart!” Eunbi clapped her hands in amazement and Sakura smirked. 

‘Now you know how amazing I am. Keep being amazed you beautiful girl’


 

**********

 

The youngest Kwon was pampered a lot. Minjoo had her affection on her little sister a bit too much her second youngest sister, Wonyoung was sometimes jealous of it. But Minjoo knows how to calm her down by giving her mint choco cookies.

 

Minjoo had a hard time controlling her hyperactive little sister. That bunny won’t stop hopping and screaming Sakura’s name. So she had to send her to nursery early every day.

Minjoo just laughs as she sees Eunbi being her usual self.

Asking for other sweets and pulling Minjoo to send her to school quickly.

“Yah yah yah Kwon Eunbi calm down a bit. How can unnie get ready if you keep pulling me”

Eunbi pulled a pout and widened her eyes, hugging her legs “Eunbi is sorry”

Unable to withstand the cuteness, Minjoo just turned around and found her other sock.

 

Eunbi ran straight into the kindergarten, ignoring her older sister and she went her way to her desk. Hugging a little girl that was struggling to open her water bottle.

“Saachan!!!” she jumped on her.

“Aaaaaaa!!!” Sakura was shocked and she lost her water bottle from her grip. Minjoo shakes her head watching the antique.

Eunbi walked over to take the water bottle and apologized to Sakura.

Sakura had her pout on. 

“What’s wrong Saachan?” Eunbi asked. 

“Saachan cannot open the bottle. It stuck” the little girl sobs.

“Heee” Eunbi grinned. 

“Let Eunbi help you.. Heeee”

Minjoo almost squeals seeing how cute Eunbi is. Shoulders lifted and her tongue jerked out a little bit. ‘Damn my sister is really cute!’

 

Eunbi had her tongue jerking out a bit and her forehead crease as she tried to pull the bottle’s lid. She can’t.

Her eyes had tears on the corner and Yujin waved her hands. Gaining attention from Eunbi. Yujin gestured to her to twist the bottle’s cap instead of pulling it. 

Eunbi smiles and does as shown.

“Tadaaaa!!!!” She gave the bottle to Sakura.

Who had her eyes shining because Eunbi had saved her life.

“Wah Eunchan!!!” Sakura pulled her best friend into a tight hug and Eunbi flexed her strength. Controlling her grin. Acting all smug.

In all the smugness, Eunbi still manages to give a toothy grin to Sakura's sister, Yujin.



 

**********


 

“Eat this!” Eunbi shoved a chicken cutlet to Sakura's lunch box which only had messy onigiri. That’s the best her mom can do. Her dad is the cook of her house but Papa has to go outstation and so here she is with onigiris that she's sure was bought from the convenient store.

“Eat this too!” Eunbi gave her an Ebi fry. 

“Eat a lot!!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter