Still, I do (It’ll Be Okay Part 2)

Kkubiologist Park
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The bustling sound of cars and the city being awake don’t reside long in her clouded mind. The soju bottles in her hand fell weightless as she sipped on it like it’s nothing. There’s not even a burning sensation in . Just a pain in her heart.

 

But now, the fight is over. Eunbi wants nothing to be with her. And it’s her fault, really. To not be able to express or force herself to show some love. Bigger gesture, better words.

 

She sighed for the thousandth times. The tears dried up and she couldn't find more tears to let out. It’s over, it’s over now. She repeated it over and over again.

 

Her phone rings and she just lets it be. It’s probably Chae Won again.

 

“OI!!!” A shout shocked her to the core.

 

“It’s not worth it! Don’t kill yourself over temporary things! It will all get better!” 

From the corner of her eyes, she saw a lady running towards her. All the while screaming. But she stopped just a few feets before her.

 

“Please, don’t do it!” The lady shouted.

 

Sakura was dumbfounded, “Do what?”

 

“Please don’t jump,” the lady was still trying to catch her breath.

 

“Huh?” Upon realising how she really did look like she’s about to jump, Sakura lifted her feet away from the railing. Now she may be devastated, heartbroken and tipsy but she ain’t one for jumping into the cold water. Nope it’s not her.


 

“Uh… I think you’re mistaken. I’m… I’m not jumping…” Sakura chuckled.

The look of surprise flashed on the lady’s face “Oh. But you look….”

Sakura smiled and turned to face her fully, “Thank you for being so concerned. But I’m just broken hearted, not yet being suicidal. So I’m… Okay? I guess..”

 

‘not yet being suicidal’ was the only thing the lady catched “Please, don’t even think of doing it. You’re… You’re still young.. and healthy… and pretty… and.. I don't know. You still have your future up in your hand. Don’t waste it.”

Sakura was amused with the lady’s concern, so she walked closer to her and suddenly hugged her. 

The lady was shocked.

Sakura was shocked too.

The railing got shocked and even Kid was shocked too.

Out of everything she could say and do, she chose to be intimate with a stranger who misunderstood.

 

“Thank you for being so concerned with me. You’re a good person. Don’t worry, I’m okay. I might be ing broken but my mind is still in the light,” Sakura muttered.

 

They stayed in that position for a whole minute.

Until they realised...

 

“OI! CORONA VIRUSEU!”

 

That’s how Sakura’s night went by.



 

Waking up another day, she tried to pretend she’s okay. Cause all she does best is pretending. 

She checked her phone to see multiple calls from Chaewon, Hyewon, Yena and Chaeyeon.

And Sakura know the news is out and also, she ed up.

 

To make life easier for her, and to get fresh air, some breather, she called the girls out to the cafe.

They ate and laughed but the girls know Sakura is not okay.

“Hey really, are you okay?” Chaeyeon tapped her hand softly.

“I’m okay. I’m okay. Who wants more ice cream?” Sakura changed the topic so quick and the girls just played along.

Whatever that makes Sakura feel better.

 

“Bye girls. See you later,” they bid farewell and as they all walked to their own cars, Chaeyeon ran to Sakura.

“Let’s go,” she pulled her away.

“Where?”

Chaeyeon then smiled, “To the beach. You need some air don’t you?”



 

The seaside was surprisingly vacant and Sakura was kinda worried that the lady from last night would appear again.

 

Wait, is the lady a real person? What if the lady is just an apparition? What if she..

“Sakuchan!”

Sakura once again got shocked by a scream.

“Y..Yeah?” 

“I asked you, how is your heart doing,” Sakura can see the line forming on Chaeyeon’s forehead despite the limited light they’re in.

And she hates it when people worry about her.

“I’m… My heart… I don’t know Chae… I can’t feel a thing anymore,” she sighed.

“So if I stab you, you won’t feel a thing?” Chaeyeon teased.

“Wanna try? I’d be glad if you could stab my heart,” Sakura faked a smile.

Chaeyeon started to feel uneasy. Sakura is definitely unstable, “I don’t like this conversation.”

“I’m sorry?” Sakura shrugged and rubbed her head.

 

A few moments passed without either one of them saying a word and Sakura broke the silence.

“I just… It’s what she wants. I think she will be happy. She will find someone who makes her happy. And it’s not me. I wish it’s me.”

Chaeyeon hands her another rice cake “Don’t you want to try again?”

Blinking rapidly, Sakura tried to stop her incoming tears, “It would be lying if I say I don’t. Cause everyone knows I do. But I think right now, all that important is her. Her happiness comes first. I already caused so much hurt to her.”

Chaeyeon sighed, “Don’t get me wrong but she also did hurt you. You should stop taking all the blame to yourself and stop trying to be so nice. She did hurt you too. And you need to acknowledge it.”

“But I hurt her more,” Sakura rebutted.

 

Chaeyeon took a deep breath before she unleashed her inner thoughts, this girl gonna get it coming from her.

“No. Forgive my Chinese but both of you are toxic motherers who hurt each other a lot. You look normal and squishy but both of you are broken tards that just can’t understand each other well. So after times you think it’s better to end when nothing’s mended by ending it.”

“You just accept that it’s over because you don’t wanna hurt her and you don’t want to be hurt anymore. You accept whatever she wants because you think she knows what’s the best for you two. And let me repeat it, you both hurt each other!”

“Chaeyeon…” Sakura called her best friend dearly, trying to soothe her down.

Chaeyeon was still fuming even though Sakura sounded so soft and kawaii “What?!”

“Right now you’re hurting me..” Sakura pulled out a mopey face.
‘Not gonna work Sakura’ Chaeyeon mentally shakes her head.

 

“With the truth? Good!” She jerked her tongue at the Japanese girl and continued..

“Well one of you was insensitive and dumb. Couldn’t show more care and took people for granted. And another one was over sensitive and insecure. Also couldn’t wait a bit and always wanting more. So when a fire nation attacks, y’all literally burn to death.”


 

“But what can I do, Chaeyeon? It’s already over. Eunbi blocked me everywhere. I tried to call her but of course I got blocked. She really wants to get rid of me,” Sakura sighed.

“Well I don’t know. I guess we weep and wait for time to heal,” Chaeyeon joined the sigh party.

 

 Nothing’s fine. I'm torn.




 

Several months later…


 

Sakura was smiling half-heartedly looking around the party room. Party is not her style but since this is her close friend's little party, she can’t say no. No matter how much she loathes going out, especially now, she can’t be selfish.

 

“Hey…” Eunbi greeted, walking closer to her ex.

Sakura gulp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter