Polar Opposites (Treatment)

Polar Opposites
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Good morning, Irene,” I beamed with a sweet smile that morning.

“I wonder how you can be so energetic so early in the morning,” she said before planting herself lazily on her seat.

“It’s already 9 am,” I answered.

“It’s JUST 9 am,” she retorted.

“Hey Irene! We’re going to grab some coffee! Wanna come?”

It was Jennie, one of Irene’s circle in the office. My superior who just arrived that morning rose faster than I could blink and immediately grabbed a purse before answering.

“, do you even have to ask?” She said as she made her way to her friend.

“Haha! You’re face tells how much you want to get submerge in coffee,” Jennie chuckled lightly, the curse word passing through her ear like the sound of morning alarm she always hears.

My eyes trailed as the two of them made their way out. It’s already 9 am and work had started 30 minutes ago for staffs while supervisors, managers and the higher ups would start 1 hour later.

It was pretty unusual for Irene to arrive 1 hour earlier on her working hours. Actually, the idea that she’s on time is already a miracle.

She must not had a good sleep. My mind suddenly wandered from that time in the bus. I shouldn’t have gotten her that gift. I knew she’ll never use it.

“Wendy!”

The sudden call caused me to stand up abruptly as I turned immediately to the voice.

“Do you want me to get something for you?” Irene’s head was peaking from the door as if she just forgotten something and went back immediately to check.

I smiled at the adorable sight and action.

“Thanks, I’m good,” I responded.

My superior merely nodded her head before disappearing in the corner.

‘She’s always so nice.’

 

 

“, that was so disgusting. I knew I shouldn’t have bought that thing.”

I paused just as I was about to push the door of the restroom. The voice was so familiar I didn’t have to second guess who it was.

“, I told you it was useless.”

I proceeded on going in and the atmosphere went into a dead silence.

I made eye contact with Irene and made a meek smile before entering one of the cubicles, just in time for the person in the cubicle beside mine to make her exit.

“Can I borrow your lipstick?”

“You’re disgusting, go buy your own.”

“Oh please, we shared more personal things than a lipstick.”

I heard giggles followed by a creaking door signaling the two of them made their way ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter