Chapter 8

You're Worth It

The next Day…. 11am

 

Jack’s POV

 

I was sleeping soundly until my phone was ringing so loudly which isn’t a good thing cause I tend to sleep a long time when there’s no school most especially in the summer. So I checked my phone to check if It was my alarm cause I remembered last night that I turned my alarm off and I was wrong it was my annoying cousin. So I answered the call

 

Jack: what is it you want Jeongyeon?

 

Jeongyeon: wanna hang out? Just you and me, you know cousin bonding time?

Jack: and get caught by Dispatch? I think not.

 

Jeongyeon: aw come on! I don’t have a schedule. Well more like Twice doesn’t have a schedule today. Beside even though we get caught. JYP can handle it and knowing that you are also close to him.

 

Jack: I guess you’re right about that. But just today?

 

Jeongyeon: yes just today!

 

I can’t say no to her or else she’ll drag me out of the house.

 

Jack: okay BUT just for today okay?

 

Jeongyeon: YES! STOP REPEATING YOURSELF AND SEE YOU LATER COUS!!

 

She ended the call. So I went to my bathroom to took a shower and after a 30 minute shower I dressed up and went down and saw there was food on the table and the maid told me that Dad ordered them to make food just in case I woke up late which I did. So I had my brunch and checked my watch and it was already 12:15pm.

 

 

So I decide to call Jeongyeon and ask her where I’m going meet her and she told me to meet her in the park near the Han River. So I got my things, keys and went to my car and drove going to the park. As I parked my car I went to the park and looked for Jeongyeon cause she told me she’s just sitting in a bench in the park, Yeah right there are like a lot of benches here so how I will see her. I know! I’ll look for a tall blonde haired woman, for sure there aren’t that many blonde haired girls in the park.

 

As I was walking around the park to look for Jeongyeon my phone rang and lo and behold my dear cousin is calling me.

 

Jeongyeon: YAH! Do you know what time it is already?! I’m hungry.

 

Jack: coming from someone who told me she’s just sitting in a bench.

 

Jeongyeon: well I am sitting on a bench right now.

 

Jack: wow thanks for the info. That really helps.

 

Jeongyeon: AISH! Stop being sarcastic and I’ll be the one to look for you.

 

Jack: took you long enough to decide to find me. May I remind you, that you were the one who suggested that “we” should hang out today. When you know I don’t like going out all the time.

 

Jeongyeon: where are you anyway?

 

Jack: I went back to the parking lot cause an annoying cousin of mine doesn’t have any sense of direction.

 

Jeongyeon: alright! I’m sorry. I’m on my way to the parking lot wait for me okay?

 

Jack: Do I have anything else to do? JUST HURRY UP WILL YEAH? Or else I’ll leave you.

 

Jeongyeon: okay! I’m leaving my sit bye!

 

I ended the call and waited by my car and what felt like 30 minutes but it was just 5 minutes I saw Jeongyeon waving her hand and all I could do is wave back.

 

Jack: Took you long enough to get here.

 

Jeongyeon: oh come on now! It was just 5 minutes.

 

Jack: still you took your time.

 

Jeongyeon: let’s stop arguing! I’m hungry.

 

Jack: Fine! Where do we go?

 

Jeongyeon: there’s a restaurant just 10 minutes from here if you drive. So let’s go!

 

Jeongyeon went to the passenger seat and all I could do is sigh and ask myself why is she my cousin.

 

We drove to the restaurant she said and it looks expensive and I guess I’m going to be the one paying for this. I sigh again and parked my car while Jeongyeon went down ahead to get us a table.

 

I went out of my car and went to where Jeongyeon is and she told me that she got us a private room so nobody could see us, which was a good thing and that’s last thing I want, is for people to think Jeongyeon is going out with a guy. But knowing how some fans brains work, when they see their fave idol with someone instantly they will think it’s a date. JYP can explain my relationship with Jeongyeon but some fans think otherwise and those are the type of fans I hate.

 

We got to the table and ordered our food and while waiting, Jeongyeon asked.

 

Jeongyeon: how are you these days?

 

Jack: what do you mean by that Jeong?

 

Jeongyeon: you know? Relationship? Dating? School? You know the usual stuff cousins ask you when you’re away for a long time.

 

Jack: I was only gone for a year Jeong. It’s not like I was gone for a long time.

 

Jeong: I know that but I haven’t talked to you in a year cause of my schedule with TWICE and other endorsements.

 

Jack: I know that.

 

I sigh once again and thinking if I should really talk about my past. Before I could do that the waiter came with our food. We finished eating and I paid as usual. Then Jeongyeon told me we should go and get ice cream near here and I swear I’m so full with the meal we just had.

 

Jeongyeon: Come on Ji Sung, please!!!

 

Jack: stop doing aegyo okay. We’ll have ice cream.

 

Jeongyeon: YAYY!!

 

We went out the restaurant and went to the ice cream shop and there weren’t much people inside and I ordered for us. While Jeongyeon looks for a table for us.

 

I ordered Cookies and Cream (A/N: my personal fave) and for Jeongyeon I ordered chocolate ice cream for her.

 

Jeongyeon: WOW! You got my fave ice cream. Thanks Ji Sung!

 

Jack: Yeah sure. I’m going to the comfort room.

 

Jeongyeon: okay.

 

I went to the comfort room to do my business.

 

 

**

 

Jeongyeon’s POV

 

While Ji Sung went to do his business. I just scrolled through my phone and something caught my eye.

 

Dispatch:

 

Mysterious man dragged Jennie Kim of BLACKPINK from a crowd of fans when she was out buying coffee.

 

They didn’t even blur his picture so I zoomed in closely and I was shocked that it was Ji Sung. So I read through it.

 

A fan said that while people were surrounding Jennie a man suddenly dragged her away from the crowd some were stunned while others followed suit and when Jennie and the man were far gone and couldn’t find them, they stopped the search.

 

We’ll get a word from YG entertainment if Jennie is okay and who is this man that drag her away.

 

As I was still scrolling I didn’t notice that Ji Sung got back from the comfort room.

 

Jack: what are you reading?

 

I showed Ji Sung my phone and what I was reading.

 

Jeongyeon: this is you right?

 

(Jack’s thoughts: this is what I was afraid of happening)

 

Ji Sung got my phone and read the article through

 

Jack: So that was Jennie who I saved. But why did she tell me that her name was Jisoo?
 

Jeongyeon: Huh? She told you she was Jisoo?

 

Jack: Yeah, that’s what she told me when She and I were far from the fans.

 

Jeongyeon: and you were worried about us getting caught. When you got caught with someone else and it’s Jennie from Blackpink.

 

As I was drinking water, I almost spat it out after what Ji Sung told me about Jennie.

 

Jack: Jennie is my ex.

 

Jeongyeon: WHAT?! Since when?!

 

Jack: can you tone down about a bit. Yes Jennie is my ex, but we were in high school back then. She broke up with me because she was going to be a trainee and I didn’t know it was going to be in YG entertainment and she would be very successful. She only told me she would be a trainee and that’s it.

 

Jeongyeon: and is she the reason why you became cold like who you are now?

 

Jack: Yes. She’s the reason. Right now. So I don’t know how will this play out.

 

Jeongyeon: you know with you in the internet already, you won’t be able to surprise Mina like you would.

 

Jack: I know that. Let’s just go I’ll take you back to the dorm.

 

Jeongyeon: okay!

 

Ji Sung and I got up from our seats and went to his car and he took me to the dorm.

 

**

 

Sam’s POV

 

while I was taking a break from exercising from my personal gym in my house. I was scrolling through the net when I stumbled upon the article Dispatch release.

 

Sam: Hah? And he told me to be careful when I go out with Nayeon. Stupid Jack.

 

**

 

Jennie’s POV

 

I was resting in my bed when I heard Lisa opened my door.

 

Lisa: UNNIE! Look at this! You were caught by Dispatch!

 

I got up from my bed when I heard her say that.

 

Jennie: WHAT?! You must be joking Lisa. There’s no way that Dispatch caught me. When I know I’m not dating anyone right now.

 

Lisa: well you should take a look at this then.

 

Lisa gave me her phone and I took a look at what she was talking about and when I read the article I was shocked.

 

Jennie: I’M SO DEAD

 

Lisa: well we could just tell PD-nim that people were invading your personal space and you were lucky that a person could drag you away from them and you don’t know him but you were safe no matter what.

 

Jennie: but you know how fans are. They will think we are just protecting the guy.

 

Lisa: well aren’t we?

 

I was speechless when Lisa said that. I guess we are just protecting Jack. Maybe I should go with Lisa’s plan.

 

Jennie: okay we’ll go with your plan

 

Lisa: okay. You should go and rest more, I’ll wake you up when we’re going to meet PD-nim.

 

Jennie: okay Lisa.

 

When she left I went back to bed and rest a bit. Well good luck to me.

 

**

 

Mina’s POV

 

It’s been a few days since I got sick but at least it’s our day off and that means more rest for me which I need.

 

I laid down in my bed full of penguin plushies and scrolled through my phone and I stumbled upon a post from Dispatch saying Jennie was dragged by a guy. I zoomed in the picture and I saw it was Ji Sung.

 

Mina: So he’s in Korea and didn’t even bother to call me hmp.

 

I turned off my phone and went back to sleep. So much for being a friend and having a crush on him!

 

**

 

Samantha’s POV

 

The girl and I have been resting for the past few days after shopping non-stop and I can’t handle it with them.

 

I was scrolling through my twitter when I saw that Jennie was trending and me being a blink I have to see what was going on.

 

I saw a video that Jennie was being crowded by her fans outside a café when suddenly a guy dragged her away from them and I feel relive that she was saved but I saw some tweets of other fans saying that it was rude because then wanted to get near Jennie but I think it was a good thing.

 

After watching the video I scrolled again to see if there are pictures of the guy and luckily there are and I was shocked who it was.

 

Samantha: WHAT JACK IS IN KOREA?!

 

I somehow shouted and Jillian and Francesca barged into my room and asked me what was that about. I showed them the tweet and they were also shocked from what they saw.

 

We had to call Sam if it’s true.

 

Sam: Yes. We are in Korea and didn’t you guys know that we were Korean?


Jillian: oh right! Hehe forgot about that.

 

Francesca: but did you see in the internet about jack?

 

Sam: yes I did and I can’t reach him at this moment. I’ll call you girls once I get a hold of him

 

Samantha: please do. We’re worried about him because of the fans

 

Sam: yes Jack told me about that a few days ago so I could keep up to date with the things here in Korea. So bye girls!

 

Sam ended the call and all we could do is pray that Jack is safe where he is.

 

Author's note:

 

Hi guys! it's been awhile since i last updated my story. I'm sorry about that, I was feeling unmotivated at that time. And when i friend of mine saw my story link on twitter he dmed me and saying he's excited to read it! so shout out to you Jay! Hope you all enjoy this chapter!