Chapter 4

Oh , I think I like girls

Chaeryeong stares at the piece of paper as if it had the answer to all questions that ever existed and will exist. This stare battle has been going on for almost an hour, and so far, she was loosing. 

“Gah!” Chaeryeong averts her eyes, accepting her defeat, groaning and trying to figure out why was it so hard to just text the girl that gave her the paper in the first place.

Her phone was clutched tightly on her hands as she opened it and looked at the already saved contact. She had nothing to be afraid of....

‘Hey!’ No, that sounds too exited...

‘Sup.’ Now it’s just boring...

‘Hello there Shin Ryujin.’ Oh Jesus, is she a lawyer or something?

‘Hey Ryujin, it’s Chaeryeong.’ Ok, this is something she could work with. Send! Now we wait...this is so stressful...

The staring contest with the paper was long forgotten as a new champion appeared in town, her phone.

“C’mon, c’mon...” Chaeryeong kept saying to herself as she stared holes through the black screen, waiting for a familiar ding that would light it up. 

After a few minutes, she gave up. Sitting on her bed, she left the phone on the desk. Just as she sat down on her Aladdin bedding, don’t laugh, it’s a great movie, her phone dinged. Chaeryeong sprung up, diving for the device. 

‘Hey.’

The girl groaned and rolled her eyes. “That’s it?” The disappointment in Chaeryeong's voice was apparent. it seemed that Ryujin was not a expressive person.

 

—————

 

Yeji was waiting for her in front if the school as always, as they had a some sort of unspoken rule that the one that got to school first would always wait for the other one in this spot, usually it was Chaeryeong, but due to the stuff happening in her life right now she felt a lot more tired. Her hair seemed to be newly died, a silver color with few highlights suited her and Chaeryeong felt her heart flutter. 

“Wow! It looks great on you.” Yeji smiled at her friend, twirling a piece of said hair with her fingers. “Felix said it would suit me.” The smile on Chaeryeong’s face faltered. “Oh...great!” The girl flinched at how forced it sound, but Yeji didn’t seem to notice anything, grabing her hand and leading her inside the school, unknowingly causing a slight blush on Chaeryeong’s face to appear.

“I have science first period, ugh!” Yeji complained while her best friend tried to control the butterflies in her stomach, failing horribly. 

“Good luck on that, I know how much you hate it.”

Yeji sighed, thanking her. If it wasn’t for her, both of them knew that the newly silver haired girl would be failing quite a few of her classes. 

“Well, see you at lunch.” Both if them parted, Chaeryeong heading to the English classroom that was farther away from them, hoping that this day was going to pass quickly.

 

—————

 

Well, her day certainly didn’t pass by quickly. 

Chaeryeong, was in detention. For the first time in her life the goody two shoes, miss perfect Lee herself, yes the one and only. Oh, and Ryujin was here as well. Just perfect.

If we want to know what happened we would have to go back in time, to the last period of that day.

***

Chaeryeong was sitting in the front of the class, as always, waiting for the teacher to arrive. It was her last class of the day and she just wanted to get it over with. History was usually one of her favorite subjects, but now it seemed like a hassle. 

“Did you hear? Hyunjin was caught kissing a guy!” Chaeryeong couldn’t help but overhear the conversation her seat mate was having with a friend. 

The other girl gasped, unnecessary loudly if you asked her. “Really?! That’s literally so disgusting!” Chaeryeong rolled her eyes deciding to not say anything.

“Right! I bet he’s a pedofile, all the gays are anyway.” Now this struck a nerve within her.

“Excuse me? Yes, I’m talking to you.” The two girls stared at Chaeryeong, looking a bit annoyed about having their discussion interrupted.

“Don’t you think it’s a bit rude to talk behind peoples back?” When none of them responded, she continued. “If you think it’s ok to assume such stuff about people just because of their uality, you are the only disgusting thing around here.”

The two girls stared at her, dumbfounded, before their faces contorted into anger. “What the do you mean?! All gays are child molesters and disgusting pieces of , everyone knows that!” One of the girls yelled out, the second one follwing shortly. “And why do you care anyway, huh! Are you gay as well?!” 

Chaeryeong felt herself getting angrier by the second, the two girls wouldn’t stop yelling and it was starting to attract a lot of people.

“All faggots will go to hell anyway, you dyke!”

And the next moment the girl was laying on the floor, blood gushing from her nose like a waterfall. That word triggered something inside of her and she could stop herself from punching the girl right in the middle of her face. It required a lot of self control for Chaeryeong to not punch her one, or maybe two times more.

“Lee Chaeryeong! To the principals office immediately!” Crap, looks like Mr. Yoon saw everything.

***

Chaeryeong sighed. When she arrived at the detention, Ryujin was already there, seemingly sleeping. The chair she was sutting in screeched against the hard floor, Chaeryeong saw Ryujin stir a bit, before lifting her head and looking around, her eyes almost popped out of her head when she saw Chaeryeong sitting next to her.

“What are YOU doing here?!” She mumbled something quietly, embarrassed to say it out loud.

“What? I can’t hear you.” Chaeryeong groaned. “I punched someone...” There was pure silence for a moment, you would be able to hear a pin drop from a mile away.

“Bwahahahahah!” Ryujin bursted out laughing, trying to catch her breath and laughing again, Chaeryeong felt her ears go beat root red as she buried her head in her arms, almost in the same position as Ryujin when she walked inside the room.

“Y-you, punched someone?!” Ryujin managed to get out, still wheezing loudly. “Why?” 

“She was just saying rally mean stuff about...” Chaeryeong ended, stretching out the last word. “About what?” Her companion asked again, leaning towards her. “...about gay people.”

The silence reappeared again for a few seconds.

“You know what, I’m beginning to really like you Chaeryeong.”