Chapter 3

Oh , I think I like girls

(A shorter update today, sorry for that...)

 

 

Chaeryeong usually hated Sundays. They were boring and she had piano class, which se absolutely hated. The weekly visits to church was probably the worst part of the dreaded day as she never really felt comfortable there. Maybe it was the hard wooden chairs that made her back feel like rock or the blatant, rather offensive, remarks she had to hear there every time. For some reason, this time it was a lot worse, or at least she felt like it. Chaeryeong was almost convinced it was the ‘I hate homouals’ day and everyone forgot to tell her.

Every remark felt to her as a punch in the gut. Maybe she was just focusing on them more subconsciously because of her recent uhm...’discoveries’ about herself.

Once they left the church, she opened her phone, closing it almost immediately the second she saw that it was still on one of the websites she visited last night. The giant letters ‘You are so gay, Siyeon from Dreamcatcher would be proud!’ scared the crap out of her as a old lady was standing right next to her. Chaeryeong was luckily tall for her age and the grandma didn’t even reached her shoulders so there was no possibility of her seeing the obnoxious lettering of the quiz results that flashed in bright rainbow, accompanied with a photo of a black haired women she never saw before, presumably Siyeon from Dreamcatcher.

Chaeryeong opted to put the phone back in her pocket and didn’t dare to open it intil she was in the safety of her room.

 

—————

 

“Cherry! Can you walk the dogs please?” Chaeyeon shouted from her room as she was walking past it.

“Why can’t you do it yourself?” She already knew the answer. Her sister would either use the ‘older sibling’ card or say something about her game being online, hence unable to stop.

“I’m playing with Sakura and Hyewon, you know I can’t pause an online game!” Looks like number one it is.

With a groan Chaeryeong accepted her faith and headed downstairs where two exited dogs were already waiting for her. She placed them bot on a leash, opening the door and saying she will be back soon to her mom who was currently focused on her drama.

 

—————

 

“Chaeryeong?”

The girl in question raised her head, putting in right back down when she saw Shin Ryujin in front of her.

‘Why the heck is she talking to meeeee!’ Several alarms went inside her head at once. Whenever Shin Ryujin approached you first, you probably messed up and would pay for it in a matter of seconds.

“You know I saw you right? Not looking at me won’t change that.” She heard the same voice again but closer to her. “...yes...” Chaeryeong was convinced she was the epitome of awkwardness and wanted nothing more then to disappear into thin air.

“Do you have problem with me or something?” Chaeryeong’s eyes widened. “No!” Ryujin seemed taken aback by her sudden outburst, raising her eyebrows as she looked her up and down.

Chaeryeong was sweating bullets at this point. was dry and she struggled to look in Ryujin’s eyes. If the girl standing in front of her thinks that she has something against her, her school life would be over. She saw how Ryujin destroyed people’s lives just because they pissed her off or they talked bad about her. She couldn’t let that happen to her.

“Than what was that fiasco last night, huh?” Chaeryeong felt her breath stop for what felt like at least fifteen minutes. “L-last night?”

Ryujin scoffed at her. “Yeah, just as the talk about me being gay appeared, you booked it. Are you like homophobic or some ?”

‘She thinks I left because I felt uncomfortable with her being gay?!’ Chaeryeong sighed and buried her head in her hands.

“You have it all wrong, I’m not homophobic.” She muttered just enough for only Ryujin to hear. “Then why did you leave.....oh! You’re gay as well!”

“No! I’m not! I-I...just, I just...” Chaeryeong kept trying to explain herself but couldn’t find the right words and kept stuttering. Ryujin was pretty sure at the moment. After all, she was like her a long time ago, refusing to admit she liked girls and insisting on being just ‘curious’ and nothing more.

“Look, I understand that it’s hard to admit it to yourself, but you don’t have to be scared, it’s completely normal. Here, if you ever want to talk to someone who knows what you’re going through.” Ryujin handed her a crumpled paper, her number written on it in messy handwriting.

“You keep your number on a paper with you?” Ryujin grinned, showing of her whisker like dimples under her eyes. “Of course, you never know when you need to give it to someone, especially a pretty girl like you.” Chaeryeong was red as a tomato. Ryujin shre knew how to make a girl blush.

“Okay...thank you.” Ryujin smiled at her again, leaving her in the park with her dogs and a huge blush on her face, the piece of paper tightly clutched by her hand.