Chapter 2

Oh , I think I like girls

Chaeryeong somehow already knows this was a bad idea, she should’ve told Yeji that she doesn’t want to play with them, but the bottle was already spinning and her fate decided.

The bottle slowed down after a few seconds almost pointing at Chaeryeong before landing on a guy she never seen before who was sitting next to her. She quickly thanked god for helping her out and turned to Jihyo who was already asking.

“Truth or dare, Chanbin?” Ah, so that was his name.

“Uhhh truth.” The answer didn’t satisfy Jihyo as she scoffed and mumbled ‘’ under her breath. Chaeryeong was quite sure everyone heard it.

“Hm, alright...if you had to make out with one of the teachers, and not just one kiss but tongue and everything, who would you choose?”

Chaeryeong chocked on nothing. Jihyo was way more of intense than she originally thought...

“Probably miss Lim...” ‘Really?’ Chaeryeong had to admit miss Lim was pretty but miss Bae was way better, she had fair skin and beautiful brown eyes that- wait what is she thinking about?!

Before she could realize what happened the bottle was spun again, forcing Chaeryeong to focus on the green piece of glass with peaces of white label still on it.

“Yeji! Truth or dare?” Yeji smirked and Chaeryeong already knew what she was going to say, as her best friend never backed out from a challenge and had the habit of always pushing too far.

“Dare!” Yep, how unexpected...

“I dare you to...sit on Felix’s lap for the rest of the game.” For some reason Chaeryeong felt something prickle in her heart. 

With heavy eyes she watched as Yeji sat on the boy’s lap with a radiant smile on her face. For some reason it didn’t sit well with her, her eyes kept tracing the way Yeji would snuggle to Felix, who looked more than happy about it, putting his arms around her waist. 

Chaeryeong couldn’t concentrate on the game for a while, her ears blocking out everything that wasn’t Yeji and Felix.

“Ohhhhhhh...Ryujin, truth or dare?”

This shook her from the trance she was in for the last few minutes. 

The bottle was pointing at Ryujin, who just stared at it before adverting her gaze to Daniel, who just asked her.

“Dare.” The smirk on Daniel’s face showed that this was just what he wanted.

“I dare you to kiss Jiwoo.” All eyes turned to a brown haired girl sitting across from Chaeryeong, who se assumed was Jiwoo by the look on her face. 

“Ewwww!” Someone shouted. “That so gross!” Some of the girls pretended to trow up while the boys started to shout how y some girl on girl action would be, Daniel being one of them.

“That’s literally so disgusting, only Ryujin is into that weird . Jiwoo isn’t a dyke anyways.”

For some reason, Chaeryeong felt uncomfortable, the word ‘dyke’ didn’t resonate well with her, her heart beat picking up quickly.

“ you Jimin.” Ryujin responded, and Chaeryeong could hear the anger in her voice. 

Instead of backing down, Jimin just kept pushing it and Chaeryeong found herself short on breath as her palms got more and more sweaty.

“You will go to hell anyways you !” Chaeryeong gasped. In under a second, Ryujin jumped up and slammed Jimmin to the ground before punching him in the face several times, trying to stay on top of him as he tried to push her away.

This was too much for her. The whole incident with Yeji and now this, Chaeryeong had to get out of there and fast. She ignored Yeji calling her, rushing towards the front door, pushing away people in her way. She knew this was a mistake. The only place she wanted to be at right now was at home with her two dogs who couldn’t judge her and loved her unconditionally.

 

—————

 

Chaeryeong couldn’t sleep. The memories of the night kept flashing back to her mind making her feel uneasy. She couldn’t understand why it was such a big deal, it was just a word, only a word.

‘Words can sometimes hurt the most.’ Her consciousness replied to her.

Chaeryeong’s brain was in overdrive, trying to reason out why she felt so affected by the word, as if it was aimed at her specifically. Every time the slightest thought about being somewhat gay herself appeared, it was shoved down deep by a panicked Chaeryeong that was starting to sweat even thinking about it.

“I need to drink something...” She mumbled to her self, using her thirst as a excuse to get distracted from the giant mental argument that had been going on inside her head for the past three hours.

Once she was back inside her room with a glass of cold water she couldn’t help but to think back to the party. Why did she felt so sad when Yeji sat down on Felix’s lap? Why did the word...uhm that word made her so uncomfortable? Why did she felt bad for Ryujin once she saw how angry she became once the...word came from Jimin’s mouth? And why did Ryujin looked almost...sad?

This whole thing was too complicated for Chaeryeong. All of these feelings were starting to appear seemingly out of nowhere, knocking her over every minute of the day, before laughing in her face. 

The screen of her phone lit up the room as she opened safari and started typing in the search bar.

‘How do you know you’re gay?’

She stared at it for what felt like hours before deleting it and throwing her phone to the other side of her room, wincing at the sound it made, she was convinced there was a crack on the screen now. 

“What am I doing...” Chaeryeong sighed and buried her head inside her pillow, screaming like a horror movie protagonist who was about to get ripped open with a saw. 

The room was filled with complete silence for a few moments before quiet shuffling could be heard from the bed, and about a minute later the, now cracked, phone screen lit up again.

If you’d be able to get close enough to the laying girl, you would see her shaking fingers filling out a ‘are you gay’ quiz, trying to convince her self she was just curious and it was for fun, but her hear was beating way to fast for it to be just ‘fun’.

By the end of the night she was convinced that if her parents saw her search history they would either pass out or kicked her out, or both.

And with the results she was getting, Chaeryeong never felt so scared before.