Chapter 4: Remember Me

BLUES: I Like to Compose more than I Like People

 

 

 

“Are you sure you don’t want to be with your relatives kid?” asked the policeman.

“No, thank you sir.” replied Jiyong.

“Sure you do, where will you stay?”

“We have this penthouse nearby.”

“Really? Let me send you there then.”

“I’m afraid I can do it by myself sir. Thank you for your concern.”

“If you say so, but don’t forget to call me if you need any help kid.” The policeman said as he handed Jiyong his phone number card.

Jiyong accepted it and nodded while the policeman tapped his head and bid goodbye. As Jiyong walked out, he’s still in the edge of crying. All he said was a lie. His first lies. He’s freaking out yet he still managed to hide all his feelings.

All he wanted at this very moment is to be alone. He doesn’t need anybody, no one could understand what he have been through. He threw the card and run as fast as he could. Not bothering the tears that escaped his divine eyes.

It’s still fresh like a newborn baby. All that happened in a blink of an eye. Why? Why them? Too many questions to be answered yet the answers were nowhere to find. It couldn’t just pop in a second, could it?

 

Jiyong’s POV

Waeyo Dami noona, Umma and Appa? Waeyo?

Why did you just leave me? Why didn’t you just take me with you?

Now, what should I suppose to do? HAH?!

“WHAT SHOULD I SUPPOSE TO DO?!” I shouted while sobbing. What’s the point of living? Tell me.

What’s the freaking point?

I ran through errands about what possibilities I could do now. This is insane. I should be dead too. Umma Appa Noona! Wait for me! I’m coming~!!!

“UFFFF~!!!”

“What the freak! Who owns this ty thing?!” I exclaimed as I bumped into some kinda of a large box?

“It’s a BoomBox not a ty thing.” Replied a boy who seems to be about my age.

“Then why is it on my fridging way?!”

“Excuse me, It seems that you’re in my territory dude.”

“Don’t you dude dude me!”

“Whatever you say, just get out and stop cursing.”

“The hell you care?”

“Are you lost? And what’s that? You seem to be crying the whole hours.”

I froze. Is it that obvious? And why would he care? Who the hell he think he is?

“What’s with you? I don’t even know you and why are you so nosy?”

“Well, because you interrupted in some of my important session.” The other boy replied.

“Oh really? That’s sad.” I said, full of sarcasm in my tune.

“Do you know how to dance?” he challenged.

“I don’t care and I don’t need anyone!” I shouted.

“Easy there fella! Are you by any chance my new neighbor?” he asked as if I wasn’t shouting at him awhile ago.

“NO! And will never be!” I uproared.

“Oh, ok. By the way, Youngbae is the name.” he beamed and reach out his right hand.

I stared at him. Is this for real? I’m just on my way of killing myself and met a boy who’s so indigenous at what about to happen? Kill me now.

“So? Did I even ask?”

“I guessed you suffered a lot. Your look says it’s the truth.” He said in a worried voice.

”What it has to do with you?”

“You may need a company since I’ve already dance the whole day here.”

“I already said it before! I don’t need anybody! And that includes you! Young---young---”

“Youngbae.” He finished the word for me. Then he smiled.

“I can teach you how to dance if you want to.”

I sighed in defeat. This boy really. Maybe just for this day. I need someone to talk to. And I’ll disappear tomorrow. That sounds like an idea.

He didn’t move a bit. He has a lot of patience I see. And that’s the time I shook his hand while he smiled with his eye smile. I smirked. This will be my last day so why bother making him angry?

He turn on the music with his so called Box sound, no wait, Sound box? Speakers? Boom what? Boom----AISH!! Forget it. That Box Boom stuff as he danced all along. Surprisingly, it didn’t annoy me.

And then he stopped. He look at me and smiled again. Seriously? What’s with him?

“You wanna try dancing? It’s relaxing you know. It helps to meditate your body’s stress.” He convinced.

I shook my head. I’m sitting in the grass as I hugged my knees. I prefer to play sports though.

“What is the last thing you want to do before you die?”

“What?!” He asked back shocked.

“Aish forget it. I’m talking to myself.” I replied.

“You can open up you know. It’s not like I’m a criminal or something.” He tried to sound hilarious but I found it bothersome.

“It’s my fault.” I mumbled.

“What? What did you do?”

“I killed them.”

“Who?”

“My family.”

“Dude you’re funny!” as he chuckled like an idiot.

“I’m not bluffing!” I retorted back.

“Sure you don’t, if you open up a little.”

By that, I think back. If I die tomorrow, at least I have met some acquaintance before my life ends right? I told him what happened. And he didn’t even flinch nor react. I thought I’m just telling a children’s pocket book story that he’s not interested with it.

I’m about to leave when he spoke.

“It’s not your fault. You’re not even there and you’re just a stubborn brat who blames himself.” He said monotonously.

“I don’t believe that. And you have no rights to say that either. I should be one of the dead right now.” I hissed.

“What you believe is wrong. I have nothing against you dude. You should move on. And as a new friend I’m here to help. Let’s just pray.”

It upsets me. I even don’t know where to go but I don’t want him to know every detail of this bizarre situation. I should just loiter around the city.

“Look Youngbae, I appreciate you, wasting your time to a stranger like me but still….Thanks…dude?”

He widened his eyes as if I have spoken some alien language.

“Don’t mention it. We should hang around some other time shouldn’t we?” He asked with an obvious amusement in his voice.

“Yeah sure Youngbae. Some other time. See you around.” Or Never then I smirked.

“Dude, sorry for the harsh argument awhile ago.”

“Whatever. Enjoy your life Youngbae-ah! Live to the fullest.” And then I waved goodbye. I admit that he’s a nice kid but meeting me will be troublesome. He still has a bright future ahead of him unlike me, nowhere to go.

“Wait up!” he called as I come to a halt.

“What now?”

“I still don’t know your name! what a rude brat huh.”

“Ow that…” I contemplated whether to tell him or not since I’ll be gone for good.

“It’s G-Dragon.”

 

 

 


A/N: done with chapter four. thanks for reading.